Are you stuck on the trouble of removing VMware Player from Windows? What kind of problem have you meet? Read this tutorial bellow to solve your trouble with ease and completely uninstall VMware Player.
I downloaded VMware Player through their website. Which of course required me to make an account. Anyways I downloaded the “.bin” file and installed with:
But now I hate it and I’m just going to stick with VirtualBox which I love!
Anyways VMware Player isn’t in synaptic package manager or Ubuntu software center. So, how should I uninstall VMware Player 3.0 from my computer? Any advice?
Possible problems when users want to uninstall VMware Player:
- The Installation Failed error message occurs;
- VMware Player fails to launch from the Applications folder;
- VMware Player client does not start;
- It makes your device run slowly;
- It wastes space to install and no more need it;
Not the full part of trouble issues but they met difficulties during the removal, too:
- VMware Player is running and cannot be uninstalled;
- An error has occurred. Please contact the program vendor VMware Player;
- Windows uninstaller cannot uninstall VMware Player;
- VMware Player required updated before removal;
- Some components of VMware Player leaving in computer;
In that case, you’d better follow the expert instruction to uninstall VMware Player in this page. The complete uninstall process includes particular steps you might have missed before. By going through the following steps you shall successfully uninstall VMware Player.
Manual Instruction to Uninstall VMware Player
First of all, using the Administrator account to uninstall VMware Player from Windows Control Panel, make sure you have followed the correct steps.
1. Shut down VMware Player
We have mentioned a thousand times about the importance of close the target program before you start to remove it, do as follow:
- Quit the VMware Player program from running in the background no matter what. It may not be necessary towards the removal of some programs, but just in case.
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl +Alt +Delete, shut down all the process of VMware Player in the list, then click End Task to close VMware Player from running in your computer.
2. Launch the Control Panel window
We offer several ways to open Control Panel window in case you are in the different systems:
- Windows 7: open the Start menu > Control Panel > Uninstall a program
- Windows 8: right-click on the Start button > Control Panel > Uninstall a program
- Windows 10: open the Start menu > Apps & features
3. Uninstall VMware Player from the list
- Find and locate on VMware Player
- Click on Uninstall button or Double-click VMware Player to activate its default uninstaller
- Confirm the removal by clicking the button “Next” and “Remove”;
- Then check the two given options of “Product configuration” and “Product license information” and click Next.
- Wait for the wizard to finish the process;
4. open the Windows Registry Editor
Also, we provide several ways to open Control Panel window in case you are in the different systems:
- Windows 7: open the Start menu > Execute “regedit” in the search box
- Windows 8: point your mouse to the bottom-right corner > Search > Execute “regedit” in the box
- Windows 10: Execute “regedit” in the taskbar box.
5. delete Registry entries
Now you’re removing the files that regular uninstallation might leave behind. Before doing this, you might want to read How to Back up & Restore the Registry in case of any mistaken deletion.
- Press Ctrl +F to launch the search box.
- Type the key word VMware Player to search all registry files;
- Delete them once they appeared by right-click then choose Delete;
- Delete the following folders:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VMware, Inc.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.
- Until all five folders have been cleaned up;
- Reboot the computer to take effect.
Easily (Automatic) Instruction to Uninstall VMware Player
If you worry about doing so many steps above will easily lead you to mistakes and want to do it in an easier way, then try this automatic method to fast &fully uninstall VMware Player with ease.
Simply download a helper to manage the work for you in the background. All you are asked to do is clicking a few buttons to make it happen. These are steps:
1. Download and install Max Uninstall.
2. Open the helper, locate and select the VMware Player icon, then hit the green Run Analysis button on the left, as you can see in the image. Then check all the items belonging to the program and hit the green Complete Uninstall button.
3. Confirm the removal by clicking the button Next and “Remove”. Wait for a while to processing, then check the two given options of “Product configuration” and “Product license information” and click Next, then finish the process.
4. The next is exactly the Registry part – after it finishes the first part, click on Scan Leftovers, tick all items likewise, then hit the green Delete Leftovers button to completely uninstall VMware Player.
5. Learn more in the video tutorial right over here:
No need to question how fast this tool will make, just in a couple of minutes, the needless program is gone from computer. If you are tired to remove things in manual approach with so many process steps, then why not try on this easy helper to do uninstall VMware Player with quick and fast?