There have been users complaining they couldn’t uninstall PhotoScape somehow. If you’re having the same trouble, you can get solutions on this page.
PhotoScape is a graphic editing program designed by Mooii Tech. The basic concept of PhotoScape is “easy and fun”, so that allows users to easily edit photographs taken by their digital cameras/mobile phones.
Don’t unadvisedly remove a program like simply deleting a file/folder on your hard drive by moving it to the Recycle Bin, that’s absolutely improper. Everything installed on your PC has their own components connected to the whole system, which means it requires you to take the deletion steps orderly, otherwise things may probably get worse then before. For example:
- You are still able to wipe the program out from your drive, and you can’t reinstall it either due to missing files.
- The program itself and others may be malfunctioned.
- Error messages keep showing up via pop-up windows.
- Windows fails to load.
Now that you’re here, just follow the safe, professional instructions below to effectively uninstall PhotoScape. Hopefully they all work perfectly in your case.
Solution 1: Uninstall PhotoScape with An Easy Helper
If you don’t feel like going through all the conventional steps, give Max Uninstaller a shot. With the tool, you only need to go through three steps to fulfill the task. And then feel free to try it on any other program you want to uninstall, see if you’re going to like the great convenience it provides.
1. Click on the download button here to install Max Uninstaller.
2. Run it > Select the PhotoScape icon > press Run Analysis to completely scan all the related files > Tick all the items displayed > press Complete Uninstall.
3. It will tell “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process”. After that, press Scan Leftovers > Tick all the items displayed > press Delete Leftovers.
It’s kind of risky when you access the Windows Registry without being 100% sure you won’t deleting the wrong thing. Because those keys are closely related to system running, and they cannot be restored after being deleted. Therefore, to uninstall PhotoScape, we recommended this third-party tool here to ensure the safest and most convenient removal for users, and it’s your choice to try it : )
Solution 2: Step by Step to Uninstall PhotoScape Regularly
Most people remove programs this way. After you install any new piece of software onto your computer, the program will be added to a list which you can find in the Windows Control Panel. In case you’re not yet familiar with the operations, I have listed all the necessary steps:
1. Right-click the Start button in the bottom-left corner of your screen, and select Control Panel.
2. Click the Uninstall a program link under Programs.
3. You’re presented with the list of Programs and Features (It’s called Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP). Locate and double-click PhotoScape in the list, and the removal will begin.
If you’ve made up your mind to uninstall PhotoScape, click “Yes/OK” when being asked for confirmation. Then wait until the uninstaller wizard finishes its job.
4. Hover your mouse in the bottom-right corner, and the charms bar will come out. Select Search, then type “regedit” in the box to open Registry Editor.
5. Navigate to this folder and delete it: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mooii
6. On the navigator of Registry Editor, select Edit > Find…, then enter “PhotoScape” to find the related file(s)/folder(s), right-click it(them) and click Delete to completely uninstall PhotoScape from your PC. Doing this will also remove all your personal settings on the program, just so you know.
BUT you should be careful while choosing your target to delete, because they can’t be returned once the deletion is confirmed.
7. Reboot your computer. If you were asked to do this and haven’t done it in Step 3, just leave it out.
For any questions you want to ask about how to uninstall PhotoScape in Windows, just leave comments below.