So you don’t know how to effectively uninstall Malwarebytes, hopefully what we have here is able to guide you through the whole process.
Malwarebytes is one of the popular security products that you can easily find on the Internet. Common problem of them is that they aren’t easy to remove, in most cases. It’s no surprise that many users have been searching for solutions to get it done. Just read on for the tutorials you need.
Safely and Effectively Uninstall Malwarebytes
This is a small-sized professional Windows cleaning utility to easily uninstall Malwarebytes. With this utility you don’t need to access this and that. Steps are simply as follows:
1. Click on the green download button here to try out Max Uninstaller.
(When installing something, whatever the program is, I suggest putting on any other hard drives instead of the C: drive (system drive). Then when you have to re-install the system, things you previously installed would still be there, and you only need to repair their registry entries. At the meantime, C: drive space can be saved for better running performance.)
2. Double-click the desktop icon to launch it, you will know what programs are currently installed on your PC. Find and select the Malwarebytes icon, and press Run Analysis to scan all the related files.
(The tool will finish scanning the files of targeted program within a few seconds.)
3. In the list presented, tick all the items displayed belonging to the toolbar, and hit the Complete Uninstall button.
(Then it’s time to delete the written registry entries from your system.)
4. A window will show up telling you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, after which press Scan Leftovers > and Delete Leftovers at last to completely uninstall Malwarebytes.
(At last, you can click “Back to Step 1” to refresh the programs list, check whether the program has gone. Play the following video demonstration for a quick view of the whole process.)
Video Demonstration – Uninstall Malwarebytes by Using Max Uninstaller
Step-by-Step Guide – Manually Uninstall Malwarebytes
This part is about how to regularly uninstall a program. You can choose to perform this in Safe Mode, better with Networking in case you need to use the Internet for update or download. Then make sure you’re using the administrator account or you know the permission password for making changes.
1. Completely shut down the program via the System Tray and any other related process. You can access Task Manager (by continuously pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del) to end the processes it if necessary.
2. Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner to open the Start menu, see if there is an uninstall option under Malwarebytes, click it to start the first part of removal. If no, move to the next step.
3. Uninstall Malware from Control Panel:
Windows 7: Open the Start menu > click Control Panel > select Uninstall a program/Programs and features > when the window opens, scroll down to find Malwarebytes in the list, double-click it to activate the uninstall wizard > follow the prompts to proceed with the removal.
Windows 8/8.1/10: Right-click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner to open the Start menu > select Control Panel > click Uninstall a program/Programs and features > when the window opens, scroll down to find Malwarebytes in the list, double-click it to activate the uninstall wizard > follow the prompts to proceed with the removal.
Wait for the process to finish before closing all the open windows.
4. Then you get to remove its written entries, before which you can choose to backup the Registry first in case of any mistake.
(How to back up the registry: Open the Start menu and search for “regedit” > Locate and select the key you want to back up > click the “File” menu and select “Export” > In the Save in box, select the location you want to save the copy to, then type a name for the copy > click “Save”.)
Windows 7: Open the Start menu > type “regedit” in the search box to open Registry Editor > locate your target in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Malwarebytes/, and right-click the folder and select “Delete” to completely uninstall Malwarebytes.
Windows 8/8.1/10: Hover your mouse pointer in the bottom-left corner until you see the charms bar on the right > type “regedit” in the search box to open Registry Editor > locate your target in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Malwarebytes/, and right-click the folder and select “Delete” to completely uninstall Malwarebytes.
5. Now you can reboot your computer to take effect, and check whether the programs has been successfully, completely eliminated.
In the end of this article, I must mention that more than one antivirus software would likely bring conflicts instead of stronger protection, and that will seriously slow your computer, because they will be fighting against each other. Therefore, you need to be sure that the old antivirus software is removed before installing another.