BitLord lets you easily search to find kinds of torrents, instantly watch videos in its built-in player, play on Apple TV while downloading, and get video subtitles in your language. It’s surely a great tool to use, but when some users need to uninstall BitLord for some reasons, they got stuck.
The possible reasons of uninstall failures:
- You didn’t shut down the program and its processes before removal.
- You forgot to clean out its registry entries.
- You canceled the removal process or restart your PC in the middle, so the uninstall was interrupted and went wrong.
- One or more files got missing or corrupted, so the uninstall wizard failed to be activated. If that’s the reason, you shall try to reinstall BitLord.
Now let’s pick up what you might leave behind and move on to correctly uninstall BitLord.
Manually Uninstall BitLord in Windows
1. To smoothly perform the removal process, log in the system as an Administrator, so that you won’t be asked for password permission all the way. In most cases we log in Windows as an Administrator at home as the default settings.
2. Right-click on the BitLord icon on the System Tray, and select Quit to close the program.
3. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del to run Task Manager, terminate the related processes (those have the program icon) by selecting it in the Processes tab and clicking End Task.
4. Press and hold Windows key + C to open the Charms bar, and click Search.
5. Type “BitLord”, right-click BitLord in the results and select Uninstall.
6. In the list of installed programs, you can find BitLord, Foxit PhantomPDF Business and REACHit, which were bundled in the installer you probably downloaded from the official site. Just uninstall BitLord first by double-clicking it.
7. Follow the prompts on the wizard to proceed with the removal and confirm the every step you’re performing.
8. Now you can do the same to remove PhantomPDF Business and REACHit, which were installed along with BitLord. Then move on to delete their registry entries.
9. Press and hold Windows key + C to open the Charms bar again, click Search, and enter “regedit” to open the Registry Editor.
10. Delete these folders:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Foxit Software
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Foxit Software
11. Then on the navigator click Edit > Find…, type “BitLord” in the box to check for other related entries/keys (if they exist), then delete them to completely uninstall BitLord.
12. Reboot your computer to take effect.
Easily Uninstall BitLord with Max Uninstaller
Compared to the manual way, this would be much easier to understand and perform. Anytime you wish to uninstall a program, just launch Max Uninstaller from your desktop or the Start menu instead of thinking where to start the removal. But knowing the regular uninstall steps, you might as well try to uninstall BitLord this way:
1. Open Max Uninstaller, you can see BitLord, Foxit PhantomPDF Business and REACHit in the list. Just select BitLord as your target, and hit Run Analysis > Then you see the list of related files with details including their names, locations and sizes.
2. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Complete Uninstall, then hit Scan Leftovers to proceed > A list of registry entries (remaining files) will be presented also with details including their names, locations and sizes.
3. Click Delete Leftovers to completely uninstall BitLord.
After seeing the “Congratulations! The program has been successfully removed…”, you can click “Back to Step1” to refresh programs list, then do the same to remove Foxit PhantomPDF Business and REACHit. Take a quick look at how it works:
Nowadays many developers bundle other their products in the application installer you download. Some will give you the option not to install them, while some will not. That’s how they sneak into your system in general cases, which is pretty annoying. Even you have paid full attention watching out for unwanted programs, you still get to find a way to get rid of them afterwards. Hopefully Max Uninstaller provides the great convenience that you need to handle the situation.
BitLord Alternative and Similar Software to Choose
In case you’re looking forward to some recommendations after you uninstall BitLord, I have listed three alternative you might want to try:
It’s a lightweight BitTorrent client that has stand features like bandwidth prioritization scheduling RSS (Really Simple Syndication) auto-downloading and mainline DHT. Besides, it suuports the Protocol Encryption joint specification and peer exchange.
It aims to provide a free software alternative to other similar applications, and it has the same features on all major platforms including Linux, macOS, Windows, OS/2 and FreeBSD.
It has the features you may expect in a BitTorrent client: encryption, a web-bsed interface, peer exchange, UPnP and NAT-PMP port forwarding, webseed support, watch directories and tracker editing.
Is this helpful?