If you still failed to uninstall AVG Web TuneUp after trying several times, you might want to read this page for instructions.
AVG Web TuneUp is a free browser extension that offers users with secure search. It’s designed to improve users’ online security and overall experience when surfing the Internet. I’m hereby showing you how to completely uninstall AVG Web TuneUp windows.
Step-by-Step Guide – Manually Uninstall AVG Web TuneUp
This part is about how to normally uninstall a program on your own. You can choose to perform this in Safe Mode, better with Networking in case you need to use the Internet for update or download. Then make sure you’re using the administrator account or you know the permission password for making changes.
1. Check the System Tray and see if there is any AVG icon. If there is, right-click on it and select Quit/Close/End to shut down the program.
2. Close the program and any other related process, you can access Task Manager (by continuously pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del) to end the processes it if necessary.
3. Uninstall AVG Web TuneUp from Programs and Features:
Right-click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner to open the Start menu > select Control Panel > click Uninstall a program/Programs and features > when the window opens, scroll down to find AVG Web TuneUp in the list, double-click it to activate the uninstall wizard > follow the prompts to proceed with the removal.
Wait for the process to finish before closing all the open windows.
4. Now you get to remove its written entries, before which you can choose to backup the Registry first in case of any mistake.
(How to back up the registry: Open the Start menu and search for “regedit” > Locate and select the key you want to back up > On the navigator, click the File > Export > In the Save in box, select the location you want to save the copy to, then type a name for the copy > click “Save”.)
Hover your mouse pointer in the bottom-left corner until you see the charms bar on the right > type “regedit” in the search box to open Registry Editor (What is it?) > On the navigator, click Edit > Find… > Enter “AVG Web TuneUp” to check for possible remaining files (leftovers) > If found, delete it/them to completely uninstall AVG Web TuneUp.
5. Now you can reboot your computer to take effect. If this didn’t work on your system, continue your tour below and you will have a much easier solution.
Any Better Way to Uninstall AVG Web TuneUp?
You can choose another shortcut to reach the final “destination” instead of taking the path through Control Panel and Registry Editor. Simply download a helper to manage the work for you in the background. All you are asked to do is clicking a few buttons to make it happen. These are steps:
1. Download and install Max Uninstall.
2. Open the helper, locate and select the AVG Web TuneUp icon, then hit the green Run Analysis button on the left, as you can see in the image. Then check all the items belonging to the program and hit the green Complete Uninstall button.
3. The next is exactly the Registry part – after it finishes the first part, click on Scan Leftovers, tick all items likewise, then hit the green Delete Leftovers button to completely uninstall AVG Web TuneUp.
Short video to show you the whole process:
This way the target program shall be gone for good. Since there are so many people that have no clue or don’t know how to perform the conventional cleaning process, this would be a better choice for them to save much time. If you happened to be one of them, I believe you will like this trustworthy tool.
You may try to use it to uninstall AVG Web TuneUp or any other program you failed to remove in the past. Computer is like a human, it gets tired and runs slowly when it bears heavy burden. So we shall make our move to optimize its performance when it’s necessary. It feels great to free up your hard drive space for more important purposes, isn’t it?
How to Remove AVG Toolbar, homepage and Secure Search from Browser?
1. Open your browser.
2. Click the Menu button, and select Settings/Add-on.
3. Select Extensions.
4. Find the AVG toolbar you want to remove, and click the Recycle Bin icon/Remove button
5. Go back to Settings.
6. select Open the new Tab page or type in the homepage your prefer.
7. Select the search engine you prefer.
Uninstall the Older Version with AVG Web TuneUp
If there is any older version of AVG products you wish to uninstall, you might as well try out the AVG Remover tool. Please make sure to save all work and close all open documents. You PC will be rebooted during the process:
3. From the programs list select the one you wish to uninstall.
4. Your PC will be rebooted, after which AVG Remover will finish the removal.