How to correctly remove PeaZip? If you’re not so sure about the steps in your mind, read this article for learning.
PeaZip is free file archiver utility based on Open Source technologies of 7-Zip, p7zip, FreeArc, PAQ, and Pea projects. It is a cross-plaftform, full-featured but user-friendly alternative to WinRar, WinZip and similar general purpose archive manager applications, open and extract 180+ archive formats. This software claims to be released under Open Source LGPLv3 license, free for any use (private and professional), all PeaZip packages are secure downloads and do not contain advertising or harmful software.
- Official Site: http://www.peazip.org/
- Uninstaller: C:\users\user\appdata\PeaZip\Uninstall.exe
- Estimated size: 80.14MB
- PeaZip free file arhchiver download notes:
Respositories of legacy software releases are available from PeaZip project page on OSDN.net, Source forge, and GitHub; each release (easily identifiable from version number) contains program’s packages for different supported operating systems, documentation, and sources.
- Download PeaZip free file archiver sources:
PeaZip’s software source are written in FreePascal, an open source cross-platform programming language, and Lazarus IDE is required to compile / build / edit the source code.
So how to correctly remove PeaZip from your PC? Read on.
Possible Unwanted Consequences Due to Incorrect Uninstall
- Removal failure
- Re-installation failure
- Intractable registry entries (lingering files)
- Screen freeze or system crash
Now you know where those errors come from. The following tutorials will guide you through the correct uninstall process, to correctly remove PeaZip. And anytime you face an unknown problem, don’t forget to seek help from us.
Regular Steps to Manually Remove PeaZip
Compared to Windows 8, the main difference of Windows 10 is that it has both a fresh new Start menu and the Start screen, and these two can be easily switched between each other. In the following steps, I particularly listed the steps you can take via the Start menu in Windows 10 along with those in Windows 7/8. Hopefully they see to every reader’s needs.
First of all, make sure you’re using an Administrator account. If your system never had a second account, skip this, and start the removal right away:
1. Close PeaZip.
Stop the PeaZip program from running in the background no matter what. It may not be necessary towards the removal of some programs, but just in case.
2. Open the list of currently installed programs.
Windows 8/8.1: Right-click on the Start button > Click Programs and Features
Windows 10: Right-click on the Start button > Click Programs and Features
3. Remove PeaZip via the Programs and Features.
Click on PeaZip > Uninstall or Double-click PeaZip to activate its default uninstaller > confirm the removal > wait for the wizard to finish the process.
4. Open the Windows Registry Editor.
Windows 8/8.1: Point your mouse to the bottom-right corner > Select Search > Execute “regedit” in the box
Windows 10: In the bottom-left corner of your screen, execute “regedit” in the search box on the taskbar
5. Delete the vestiges to completely remove PeaZip.
Now you’re removing the files that regular uninstallation might leave behind. Before doing this, you might want to read How to Back up & Restore the Registry in case of any mistaken deletion.
To delete the leftovers of PeaZip, navigate to this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IMVU, and delete it.
Then on the navigator of Registry Editor, click Edit > Find… > search for “PeaZip” > Delete the file (s)/folder (s) if found.
6. Restart your PC to take effect.
Then check your system tray (right end of the taskbar) and Task Manager (hit Ctrl + Alt + Del to open), if PeaZip is not there then the removal was successful.
How to Remove PeaZip with Much Convenience?
The answer is to use an efficient tool takes care of all the necessary jobs for you. I believe this will save a lot of time:
1. Click the green Download button to install Max Uninstaller.
2. Run it and you will see the list of all the programs currently installed on your machine > Locate the PeaZip icon, select it and click on the green Run Analysis button.
3. Keep all items displayed in the new list ticked, click the green Complete Uninstall button.
4. After a few seconds, it will give you the option to Scan Leftovers (cleaning out the keys from Windows Registry), click it.
5. At last, click the green Delete Leftovers button to completely remove PeaZip.
Clicking Back to Step1 will fresh the programs list, so that you can check whether your target has been eliminated. If the removal is successful, you can perform the same steps to uninstall other programs you wish to remove.
Here is a short video that shows you how Max Uninstaller works to remove PeaZip:
If you have any question to ask or any further help is needed, do feel free to leave comments below. Hopefully through the reading, you have a good understanding of program’s removal in Windows.