SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder is a tool that lets you freely record just about any audio played through your Windows computer into mp3 or wav files. If you want to remove SoundTap somehow, we have specific guides on this page for you to read, just scroll down for the information you need.
Step by Step to Remove SoundTap Regularly
In case you’re not yet familiar with the operations, I have listed all the necessary steps:
1. Right-click the Start button in the bottom-left corner of your screen, and select Programs and Features.
2. Now you’re presented with the list of Programs and Features. Locate and double-click SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder in the list, and the removal will begin.
If you’ve made up your mind to remove SoundTap, click “Uninstall SoundTap” when being asked for confirmation. Then wait until the uninstaller wizard finishes its job.
3. Press and hold the Windows key + C on your keyboard to open the charms bar. Select Search, then type “regedit” in the box to open Registry Editor.
Note: you should be careful while choosing your target to delete from the Registry Editor, because they can’t be restored once the deletion is confirmed.
4. Navigate to this folder and delete it: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoundTap
5. On the navigator of Registry Editor, select Edit > Find…, then enter “SoundTap” to find the related file(s)/folder(s) to check for other remaining entries. If found, right-click it(them) and click Delete to completely remove SoundTap from your PC. Doing this will also remove all your personal settings on the program, just so you know.
6. Reboot your computer. If you were asked to do this and haven’t done it in Step 3, just leave it out.
For any questions you want to ask about how to remove SoundTap in Windows, just leave comments below.
How to Remove SoundTap Using Max Uninstaller
This is another option you can take to easily remove SoundTap and any other stubborn/unwanted programs. Only 3 steps you need to go through:
1. Download & install Max Uninstaller.
Since it’s a small-sized tool, the installation would be finished within a minute.
2. Remove SoundTap.
Open Max Uninstaller, and you will see clearly what programs you’re having on the computer. Find & select SoundTap as your target, then click Run Analysis to scan for all the related files > Click Complete Uninstall to confirm the removal.
3. Easily find and delete the vestiges of SoundTap.
Now you’re deleting its vestiges. Click Scan Leftovers when it turns to green > Click Delete Leftovers to completely remove SoundTap on your PC.
As you can see, all the related pieces are gone in a flash. Clicking Back to Step 1 will refresh the programs list, then you can check whether your target has been successfully removed. Check this short video to take a quick view:
If you need to reinstall SoundTap, get a safe download here.