Looking for effective methods to remove PhotoScape in Windows? Read what this program is for first, or directly learn the removal steps under each of the following subtitles.
PhotoScape is a graphics editing application developed by Mooii tech. The basic concept of PhotoScape is easy and fun, which allows you to easily edit photopraphs taken from you digital cameras or even cell phone. Additionally, the application provides a simple user interface to perform common photo enhancements including color adjustment, resizing, cutting, printing, and GIF animation.
But this application operates only in Microsoft Windows systems, not compatible with Mac or Linux systems.
By reading the content below you can learn three methods to completely remove PhotoScape in Windows. Leave comments in the bottom if you have anything to say.
How to Correctly Remove PhotoScape in Windows?
After Windows 8 users complained about the Start menu they used to have in Windows 7, Microsoft has returned the similar features in Windows 10. So in the following guides I’m providing two ways respectively through the Start screen and the Start menu. Just choose the one you prefer.
Method 1: Manually Remove PhotoScape in Windows 8/10
1. In the bottom-left of your screen, click the Start button, and click the down arrow to view the Apps screens.
2. Right-click PhotoScape on the Apps screen, and select Uninstall. You will be bought to the list of currently installed programs.
3. In the list, locate & double-click PhotoScape to activate its built-in uninstaller. If there is any on-screen prompts, just follow them to confirm the removal and proceed.
4. Hit the Windows key + C on your keyboard to open the Chamrs > Select Search > Enter “regedit” in the box to open the Registry Editor.
5. Navigate to this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mooii, and delete it.
6. Click Edit > Find…, enter “PhotoScape” in the box to search for other possible related remaining files. If found, delete them to completely remove PhotpScape.
7. Restart your computer to take effect.
Method 2: Manually Remove PhotoScape in Windows 8/10
1. In the bottom-left of your screen, right-click on the Start button, and select Programs and Features.
2. You’re looking at the list of currently installed programs. Locate & double-click PhotoScape in the list to activate its built-in uninstaller. If there is any on-screen prompts, just follow them to confirm the removal and proceed.
3. On the Taskbar there is a Search box. Type “regedit” in it and select regedit to open the Registry Editor.
4. Navigate to this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mooii, and delete it.
5. Click Edit > Find…, enter “PhotoScape” in the box to search for other possible related remaining files. If found, delete them to completely remove PhotoScape.
6. Restart your computer to take effect.
An Easier Way to Remove PhotoScape in Windows
This should be another convenient way to remove PhotoScape. The tool supports all the popular versions of Windows, meaning you don’t need to figure out what steps you should take yourself. And no matter what program you’re choosing to remove, steps will always be the same:
1. Download & install Max Uninstaller.
Click the green download button on the page to download & install Max Uninstaller, then run it.
2. Remove PhotoScape.
Select PhotoScape in the Programs list, and click Run Analysis, a list of all the related files will be displayed > hit Complete Uninstall and follow the prompts to proceed.
3. Delete the related vestiges.
Click Scan Leftovers when the button turns to green. This is to scan for the program’s vestiges, which will also be displayed in a list. You can review the list for details, then hit Delete Leftovers to fully remove PhotoScape.
Clicking Back to Step1 will bring you back to the list of currently installed programs, so that you can check whether the uninstall was successful.
Alternatives to PhotoScape for Windows
A freely distributed program for tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It can be used as a simple paint program or an expert quality photo retouching program.
Created in 1988 by Thomas and John Knoll. Since then, it has become the de facto industry standard in raster graphics editing, such as the word “photoshop” has become a verb as in “in Photoshop an image.”
A free image and photo editing software. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects and variety of useful, powerful tools.