You can tell from the name that Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 is a security product providing protective features against virus, adware, spyware, malware, etc. The problem is that it also shares the same issue that most other antivirus products have – hard to uninstall. If that’s the problem you’re having, learn how to effectively remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 by reading this article.
The possible reasons of uninstall failures:
- You didn’t shut down the program and its processes before removal.
- You forgot to clean out its registry entries.
- You canceled the removal process or restart your PC in the middle, so the uninstall was interrupted and went wrong.
- One or more files got missing or corrupted, so the uninstall wizard failed to be activated. If that’s the reason, you shall try to reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.
Now let’s pick up what you might leave behind and move on to correctly remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019.
Manually Remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 in Windows
1. To smoothly perform the removal process, log in the system as an Administrator, so that you won’t be asked for password permission all the way. In most cases we log in Windows as an Administrator at home as the default settings.
2. Right-click on the Bitdefender Antivirus Plus icon on the System Tray, and select to turn off the protection to close the program.
3. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del to run Task Manager, terminate the related processes by selecting them in the Processes tab and clicking End Task.
4. Right-click on the Start button and select Programs and Features, where you will be told what programs have been installed on the system.
5. You can see two bundled programs named Bitdefender Agent and Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Just double-click Bitdefender Antivirus Plus to activate the built-in uninstaller.
6. You are given two options which are “Reinstall” and “Remove”. Click the latter to proceed with the removal.
7. Confirm the removal by clicking “Yes” or “Next”.
8. You can choose to Restart Your Computer now or Close it.
9. Go back to Programs and Features to uninstall the one named Bitdefender Agent.
10. On the taskbar there is a Search Box, enter “regedit” to open the Registry Editor.
11. Then on the navigator click Edit > Find…, type “Bitdefender” in the box to find the related entries/keys (if they exist), then delete them to completely remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019.
12. Reboot your computer if you haven’t done it in Step 10.
Easily Remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 using Max Uninstaller
Compared to the manual way, this would be much easier to understand and perform. Anytime you wish to uninstall a program, just launch Max Uninstaller from your desktop or the Start menu instead of thinking where to start the removal. But knowing the regular uninstall steps, you might as well try to remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 this way:
1. Open Max Uninstaller, select Bitdefender Antivirus Plus as your target, and click Run Analysis > Then you see the list of related files with details including their names, locations and sizes.
2. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Complete Uninstall, then click Scan Leftovers to proceed > A list of registry entries (remaining files) will be presented also with details including their names, locations and sizes.
3. Click Delete Leftovers to completely remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019.
4. After seeing the “Congratulations! The program has been successfully removed…”, you can click Back to Step1 to refresh programs list, then check whether your target has gone.
5. Now you can decide whether to remove the bundled Bitdefender Agent or not.
Many people are being annoyed by kinds of stubborn programs every day. Some of them just don’t care, while some don’t know how to restore their computers to the original status. If you not only want to shut down all those push messages and notifications, but also expect to free up your hard drive space by uninstalling it, there are two parts you need to go through: one is to remove it from Control Panel, the other is to remove its registry keys from the system. But using Max Uninstaller can save a lot of time for you and spare you the possible troubles, so why not take it as an assistant for your system?
What You Can Do to Protect Your PC without Antivirus Software
- Safe Browsing Habits
The most important tip is to maintain safe browsing habits, because it’s impossible to get any virus without being connected to the Internet or reading data from some other source. Better not click any unknown link in your email or download any files unless you’re sure it’s safe.
- Updated Browser
Newer versions will fix security issues that might exist in older versions, and updates could also bring support for new security technologies. You can go to Windows Update in the Start menu to check for essential updates.
- Web Interface Security Features
Email providers including Gmail and Yahoo can scan attachments in an email when the user open it in their web interface. So if you use an email client, this features won’t be of much help to you.