March 5, 2014 Updated: How to Uninstall Mozilla Firefox on XP3?
Our WindowsUninstaller.org team will describe how can you remove Mozilla Firefox manually. In addition, a full-featured uninstall tool can help you forcibly get rid of Mozilla Firefox from Windows Control Panel when you find the Firefox client cannot be uninstalled due to some reason.
How to manually uninstall Mozilla Firefox?
- In order to successfully uninstall Mozilla Firefox, do the following 2 steps:
- Step 1: Save all your personal stuff.
- Step 2: Export your bookmarks. To do so, complete these actions: hit Bookmarks menu >> click "Show All Bookmarks" >> hit "Import and Backup" menu >> launch "Export Bookmarks to HTML…" and then follow the "Export Bookmarks File" wizard to save your created data.
- Step 3: Shutdown your Firefox agent.
- Method 1: start >> Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs >> locate the below "Mozilla Firefox 27.0.1 (x86 en-US)" (51.20MB) >> press Remove button next to it.
- Method 2: Enter the following Mozilla Firefox folder >> open the "uninstall" sub-folder >> run the following helper application (851 KB (872,392 bytes)) as Admin user.
April 18, 2013 Updated: Cannot uninstall the Firefox Nightly from Windows?
Well, ya guys just cannot uninstall your Nightly while you’re using it or it has related process(es) that still running in background. And if you have more issues with the possibly problematic Mozilla product, you should skip the following standard uninstallation procedure and launch this perfect uninstaller for all Windows OS to forcibly remove the Nightly from your computer.
How do I uninstall the Nightly from Windows 8?
- After saving all my personal files and then closing the unrelated programs in use, I log off the machine and re-log on to my system via the Administrator account.
- When you refer to uninstall the Firefox Nightly, the most important notes you should keep in mind are: 1) save and export the created Bookmarks (they may be saved in Libraries\Documents); 2) close all the instances of Mozilla Nightly and terminate its "Liveupdate" process that may still running in background.
- I open up the Control Panel icon on my desktop and I direct go to Uninstall a program in it.
- Then I locate the following Nightly 23.0a1 (x86 en-US) item on the "Program and Features – Uninstall or change a program" list and then, I press [Enter] key to start Mozilla’s default uninstaller (called, helper.exe); you guys there can also click the provided Uninstall option for it to automatically remove it from your computer.
- Size: 48.9 MB
- Comments: Nightly 23.0a1 (x86 en-US)
Do you wanna uninstall Firefox Aurora, too?!
You can use the following options to complete the uninstall of Firefox Aurora. Read more related information; enjoy here.
How can you uninstall my Firefox Aurora the manual way?
1. First, please save your private data; then close any opening Web pages. Otherwise, you will encounter the following Aurora Uninstall error..
2. There are several methods you can learn to uninstall the Aurora on your PC:
- You go to Windows’ programs list, find your unwanted Mozilla web browser such as the "Aurora 11.0a2 (x86 en-US)" (Size, 37.55MB) below and then, you can launch the Remove option for it.
- Here, you can also run the helper.exe – you should be able to find it in Aurora installation folder – you may need to acquire the Administrative privileges to successfully uninstall your Aurora. For computer newbies, you should read more tech specs for it before you run it to get rid of Firefox Aurora.
- Type of file: Application
- Description: Aurora Helper
- Size: 814 KB (834,496 bytes)
- Size on disk: 816 KB (835,584 bytes)
- File version: 22.214.171.124
- Copyright / Company: mozilla[dot]org
- File Version: 11.0a2
- Language: Language Neutral
- You then click the Next > option from “Aurora Uninstall”, "… Before you starting the uninstallation, make sure Aurora is not running. …"
- You then can add the “Remove my Aurora personal data and customizations” option, then you click Uninstall button.
- Wait and then, you click Finish option from “Aurora Uninstall”.
- If you used this option to uninstall Firefox Aurora, you then should encounter uninstall error box below, you can ignore it.
To fully uninstall the unwanted Aurora, of course you need to clean Mozilla’s traces on your computer; but I’d only recommend this action only if you’re at least an INTERMEDIATE user.
- FIREFOX-11.0A2.EN-US.WIN32.IN-0A877A8B.pf, 53.9 KB (55,222 bytes)
- FIREFOX.EXE-13368BFF.pf, 11.8 KB (12,118 bytes)
- FIREFOX.EXE-192E7DD2.pf, 52.3 KB (53,656 bytes)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet, Default – FIREFOX.EXE
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru\5603, 000 – firefox, 001 – Mozilla
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\*, a – C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Aurora info.txt, b – C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\firefox.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\exe, a – C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\firefox.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.htm\OpenWithProgids, FirefoxHTML – 0000
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.html\OpenWithProgids, FirefoxHTML – 0000
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.shtml\OpenWithProgids, FirefoxHTML – 0000
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\firefox.exe – Aurora, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\updater.exe – Aurora Software Updater, C:\Program Files\Aurora\firefox.exe – Aurora, C:\Program Files\Aurora\uninstall\helper.exe – Aurora Helper, C:\Program Files\Aurora\updater.exe – Aurora Software Updater
Need tips to manually uninstall the Aurora? Review the following video guide.
Note: For common users, you can download this uninstaller, then it will automatically detect those related leftovers and helps you safely uninstall your Aurora on your computer.
Other tutorials on WindowsUninstaller.Org
Related information you can use to uninstall Mozilla Firefox…