“How should I fast uninstall Steam from my computer? When I had try once and once, I’ve gotten upset it did not work, can’t someone help me out?”
To completely uninstall Steam, there might be some necessary steps you would miss. Therefore, follow our guides to get rid of Steam in a short time with safety.
What is Steam?
Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute games and related media online, from small independent developers to larger software houses; Valve expanded the service to include non-gaming software.
Help link: support.steampowered.com
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\eraserdropportable
Program executable: eraserdropportable.exe
The removal will thus remove Steam and all installed game content from your machine. If reinstalling Steam and Steam games in the near future, please move the Steamapps folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps) outside of the Steam directory to prevent your games from being deleted. Additionally, backups of all game content can be created for reinstallation.
Please observe the following procedure to uninstall Steam and any game content from your machine:
Manually Uninstall Steam
1. Exit Steam
Before removal, every software required exit process from computer, because it will help a lot in the whole uninstallation of Steam.
Open the hidden apps in the lower right corner of the computer by clicking the triangle icon, right click the target of Steam, then choose Exit;
Or right click in the taskbar, launch Task Manager, select all the process (es) of Steam to End Task.
2. Open the list of currently installed programs
- Right-click the Start button in the left corner bottom of your screen, and Select Programs and Features;
- Then the Programs and Features window launched on your face, all installed software are in there;
- Next select Steam in the list, click Uninstall to initiate the uninstallation;
- Click Yes to make sure you want to uninstall Steam from your computer;
- Click Finish and Close button to complete the uninstallation;
- Reboot your computer as soon as possible.
3. You can also delete Steam from Properties
In this part, people would uninstall Steam from its installed location rather than from Control Panel, take a look on it.
- Right click the Steam icon on the desktop, choose Properties;
- Then you’ll see the Properties of Steam pop up;
- In the shortcut, click Open File Location;
- Then you will go to My OS >Program Files > Steam>XXX;
- Find the uninstaller.ex or uninstall00.ex,
- Negative it by double-clicking and follow the steps to uninstall Steam.
4. Crucial to delete all registry files of Steam
When you uninstall Steam, you must clean all the registry files of Steam or you won’t finish removal.
- Go to Start > Run and type in regedit.
- For 32-bit operating systems:
In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.
Right-click on Valve and select Delete.
- For 64-bit operating systems:
In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.
Right-click on Valve and select Delete.
- In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.
- Right-click on Valve select Delete.
- Close your Registry Editor.
- If it is difficult for you and you are not sure you can do that in the Registry Editor, search the keyword of Steam in the search box to find all files, then delete them.
- Until they are all gone;
- Reboot your computer to confirm removal.
But if the normal process to uninstall Steam does not work, you may have inadvertently damaged your Steam installation. To manage uninstalling Steam, you may require some effective removal tool to do that for you. Keep reading on the Easily &Quickly Uninstaller in next part.
Easily &Quickly Uninstall Steam with Max Uninstaller
Spend a few minutes to watch how it can fast uninstall Steam from your computer bellow:
You are required to download and register Max Uninstaller in your computer, which is used for uninstalling installed software in Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32b bit &64 bit).
In the launched uninstaller, take these actions to fully uninstall Steam on your computer:
1. Select the target Steam in the Installed Programs list, and easily click Run Analysis button;
2. Keep all files displayed in the new list unchecked > click the green Complete Uninstall button, follow the uninstall Steam to continue.
After a few seconds, it will give you the option to Scan Leftovers (cleaning out the keys from Windows Registry), click it.
3. At last, click the green Delete Leftovers button to completely uninstall Steam.
Then, to make sure the program has been gone from your PC, you can click on “Back to Step 1” to Refresh the list on Max Uninstaller. If you have succeeded to uninstall Steam, you won’t see it in the list.
Thanks for reading today’s tutorial of how to easily &quickly uninstall Steam from PC, any problem you meet, and any problems you want to learn, leave the comment bellow.