The currently installed vGrabber just could not find your requested video? Or when you were trying to re-installing it by using the official installer package, you just encountered the following error message, saying “Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\vGrabber-software\QtCorel4.dll …”? Or even your current version of AVG/Sophos warned you that your Windows had a malware infection?!
To download a YouTube video successfully, you may first need to clear the created temporary Internet cache; check your current Internet connection, reload the video page; then you open the video grabber, follow the information displayed on its main platform: “Enter the Url of the video you want to download” >> choose the file format as like video or MP3 >> click on the green Start Download button.
For the reinstallation error and/or the malware issue I have reviewed below, you can use the following detailed plans to completely remove or uninstall vGrabber and its unwanted leftover data in your system. Good luck, there!
How Can I Completely Uninstall vGrabber from My Windows 7 Computer?
- I first check and review the following detailed information of the downloaded installer package.
- Type of file: Application (.exe) / Win32 EXE
- Description: Install vGrabber online video downloader
- Size: 14.3 MB (15,053,254 bytes)
- Size: 14.3 MB (15,056,896 bytes)
- File version: 22.214.171.124
- Copyright: © http://vgrabber.org (© http://vgrabber.org (vGrabber-local_SoftwareOnly–_NoBundle))
- SHA256: 344d1202a6864bfb0aadedef1cb211eb022155b7ccf319f3a320bea98bbb5c6d
- SHA1: f543c39bc8474591f6613cb9beed643ce3f21f9e
- MD5: cbd01580097bc5ad6e38400853af747e
- Detection ratio: 2 / 42 [NOTE: AVG (20120914), AdInstaller.Bundlor; Sophos (20120914), vGrabber]
- Analysis date: 2012-09-15 00:20:29 UTC ( 2 minutes ago )
Note To resolve the reported hijack virus issue, please make sure that you had the newly released official installer package downloaded! See the similar software, Babylon 9 (Uninstall Guide) here. Wanna force uninstall vGrabber right away? Click the following link to download uninstaller program on your computer.
- Size: 159 KB (163,328 bytes)
- Size on disk: 160 KB (163,840 bytes)
- SHA256: 13387ce73b3c119f5c29699321f600fdbcae81648f6ab8e6ab466ec4726e945b
- SHA1: 2f09755dd3696feba52f6576f6bbe3e6df803c6b
- MD5: 3ced513a92cd9f300ac6ca8c09495294
- Click on Windows Start button; scroll up and enter the All Programs or the older version of it on your Windows XP SP3 machine, I mean the Programs.
- Enter the vGrabber entry on the menu; scroll down that folder you see, launch the Uninstall option in it to uninstall vGrabber using the automatic uninstall progress.
- For Windows Vista and/or Windows 7 guys there, you may see the following User Account Control window appeared, select the Yes option from it then to continue to uninstall vGrabber from your system.
- Click on the Next > button on the following vGrabber Uninstall window, telling “Welcome to the vGrabber Uninstall Wizard. This wizard will guide you through the uninstallation of vGrabber. Before starting the uninstallation, make sure vGrabber is not running. Click Next to continue.”.
- Click the Uninstall button on the vGrabber Uninstall, informing “Remove vGrabber from your computer. vGrabber will be uninstalled from the following (installation) folder. Click Uninstall to start the uninstallation.”
- Click the Finish button on the following vGrabber Uninstall window, saying “Completing the vGrabber Uninstall Wizard. vGrabber has been uninstalled from your computer. Click Finish to close this wizard.”
- Save and restart your Windows device. You can follow the video demo below to find and clean its unwanted remains; and for Windows starters, I recommended that you use the following Windows uninstaller to effectively detect and remove those leftover data; or forcibly remove or uninstall vGrabber in your system!
Tip If you had the above video downloader installed using its express installation option, then you can copy and paste this [C:\Programs Files\vGrabber-software\Uninstall.exe] in Windows Explorer. Follow the on-screen instructions or related steps above to automatically uninstall vGrabber. Here some additional information about that default uninstaller application.
- Description: “Save online videos to your PC in a single click!”
- Size: 55.6 KB (57,002 bytes)
- Size on disk: 56.0 KB (57,344 bytes)
- File version: 126.96.36.199
- Product name: vGrabber
- SHA256: ef99fb540e93bc924ffd734ddffc2faea444cb62d564eb116d37b48b08b6c8bc
- SHA1: 4ea91f153da51b51ffdbbda7644eb83f4a4c6f02
- MD5: e5788a7398f23b6eb1cff0ad68467a7b
- Detection ratio: 1 / 42 (by Sophos engine)
- Analysis date: 2012-09-15 01:55:51 UTC ( 0 minutes ago )
- Click Start, then Settings or the Control Panel direct
- For Vista or 7 device, you click on the Uninstall a program; for XP users, you enter the Add or Remove Programs
- Highlight the unwanted video downloader program from the Uninstall or change a program or Currently Installed Programs; launch the Uninstall/Change option for it to automatically uninstall vGrabber; similarly, you click the Remove button behind it if you’re running a Windows XP SP3 machine
- Please follow the easy uninstall progress as follow; or you review related steps above to guide you through the uninstall wizards better
Well, I also guess some of you had found another Uninstall option embedded in the Help menu. But that is just a quick link for you to visit vGrabber’s official “Frequently Asked Questions” webpage, shown below. In other words, that Uninstall option just could NOT help you uninstall vGrabber on your computer!
- vGrabber Setup error.
- Info: Error opening file for writing
- Details: Shown below
- Options: Click Abort to stop the installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file.
Resolution: You’d better completely uninstall the previously installed version of that video downloader software; re-install it using the downloaded installer package later on.
Resolution: Check the online video file later on or on another computer >> check your Internet connection >> remove the created Internet cache files, DNS cache and so on.
Resolution: You might ignore those warning messages or, review the following video demo to completely uninstall vGrabber, then change it for another good video downloader device.
More on this uninstall guide
From other related websites
Topic, “How do I rid my computer of V.G and get Google Chrome back?” – – Microsoft Answers
issue, “I want to get rid of(f) Bing and V.G extension on Mozilla Firefox. How can I do this?” | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
What is V.G, and how do i get rid of it? – Copyright © 2012 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Antivirus scan for cbd01580097bc5ad6e38400853af747e at 2012-09-15 03:00:33 UTC – VirusTotal