October 3, 2012 Updated: How to Uninstall and Remove Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
Preface: If you cannot uninstall or remove Spybot – Search & Destroy 2.0 normally and you wanna use its earlier or other more stable versions of it; or use another Anti-Malware program like McAfee®, Kaspersky®, VIPRE® and/or Trend Micro®, please download and run the following smart uninstaller program and review the detailed plans below; and you can review some more information about that said “compatibility issues”.
Method 1: Uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy via running the default uninstaller in its folder
- Click on the Windows Start button and then enter All Programs on your 7 or Vista machine, or Programs on your older XP device.
- You’ll then see Spybot – Search & Destroy 2 file folder on the list, click it and scroll down till you locate the Uninstall Spybot-S&D application in it. Launch it as admin to automatically uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy.
- Then, for Windows Vista or Windows 7 people, you need to pick up the Yes option from the following blue UAC to continue uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy.
- Program name: Uninstaller for Spybot – Search & Destroy 2.0
- Verified publisher: Safer Networking Ltd.
- Program location: “C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2\unins000.exe” /INITPROCWND=S400DE
- Info 1: Uninstall Spybot – Search & Destroy
- Info 2: You have chosen to uninstall Spybot – Search & Destroy. In case you want to undo changes made by Spybot – Search & Destroy, follow these suggested options instead of continuing to uninstall the software.
- Option 1: To restore items deleted as part of the malware cleaning, locate them in the Quarantine, where you can restore them: Open Quarantine
- Option 2: To undo all browser blocks, use the Immunizer, which also undos falsely flagged blocks if applied after an update: Open Quarantine
Tip To check and then restore all the quarantined items in the following Quarantine (Spybot – Search & Destroy 22.214.171.124 – build 20120830, administrator privileges) window, informing “The Quarantine contains all items that you have previously removed by Spybot – Search & Destroy, as long as you haven’t turned backup function off. You can use this to restore removed things that were accidently removed. Do not use this to remove regularly removed malware!”, you then : 1) choose the All products option for the Restore or purge quarantined items on right pane; 2) choose and then you check your selection, click the Restore selected button on right bottom or the one on left pane.
Tip If you have some running web tool(s), you first save and then shut it/them down; then you click the OK on the below info box by Spybot S&D, warning “Open browsers detected! You should close all browsers to make sure immunization is successful. The following browsers were detected as currently opened: Firefox/(more others)”. Then the following Immunization window would be displayed, telling “Immunization allows you to take preventive measures against malware. It complements our on-access and on-demand scanners by using methods belonging to your browser(s) to block malware installations.”, and then you check the listed items one by one, then you launch the Undo immunization option on left pane for your selected items related with the installed web browsers.
- I want to uninstall Spybot – Search & Destroy because:
- I am just an unhappy user
- I want to undo changes Spybot-S&D has made
- I was forced to uninstall this by a Carbonite/Kaspersky/McAfee/Trend Micro product because of alleged incompatilities
- I am switching to a different product
- I am just uninstalling before updating to a new version
- Other reason (see below)
NOTE 1 Need more help to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy? Click here for more official support.
NOTE 2 You can also use the following tips to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy automatically ; moreover, you will be able to remove any remained data associated with Spybot in its installation directory:
- Right click on the Spybot S&D Start Center created on desktop
- Choose the Properties on the menu
- Click the Open File Location or “Find Target…” tab on the following Properties window
- To fast locate and run the unins000 application, the express uninstaller for Spybot application, you can press the [U] key. Read or review some more details about it as follow:
- Type of file: Application (.exe) / Win32 EXE
- Description: Setup/Uninstall
- Size: 782 KB (801,640 bytes)
- Size on disk: 784 KB (802,816 bytes)
- Digital Signatures: Yes, and shown below
- SHA256: e8e266a74125a38fcf666e7abeab23260b5dd000687f766b5b0f7eecd3a05dd9
- SHA1: 4bfd8795bf8b2382b18d2f4b0068e3bed25789fc
- MD5: 9106bbb5ebba0a995ec0e27974926435
- Please review or repeat related steps in Method 1 above to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy via launching its express uninstall option. If you just could not find or run the default uninstaller for Spybot; or you would have found a corrupted one, please download this smart perfect uninstaller: you then can add Spybot’s installation folder to Max Uninstaller to forcibly uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy from your computer
Method 2: uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy with Windows’ Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs
- Open up the Start menu and then you click the Control Panel or the Settings first.
- Then you click the Uninstall a program or Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
- When you see the following Uninstall or change a program or Currently Installed Programs list displayed, you can press the [S] key to fast locate and launch the Uninstall option for that unwanted anti-spyware software – or you need to click the Uninstall / Remove/Change button behind it to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy
- Size: 116 MB
- Product version: 2.0.10
- Help link: http://www[dot]safer-networking[dot]org/index.php?page…
Tip In case that you just could find the unneeded Spybot program was not listed, please run the previously downloaded official installation package to re-install it and then, you re-launch Windows’ uninstaller again to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy; or run this powerful Windows uninstaller to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy right now!
- How to automatically upgrade the newly installed version of Spybot?
- Get the current software information first: On the Start Center window, you click the Help menu on its left top -> select the About Start Center… option in it -> you will then be able to read the following details about the current version and the Credits -> click the OK to exit the Center window
- Double click on the “No update attempt registered.” with a yellow flag on right pane
- When the automatic Check status completes, you then click the OK button on Spybot’s updater application, telling “Status check complete. Spybot – Search & Destroy file(s) are up to date. Spybot – Search & Destroy file(s) have an invalid signature!”
- You can choose the Show all updates/Show files that need updating/Show files with broken signatures for Download – Download and install updates window, telling “Here you can check integrity of your installation as well as trigger another update. Updates are automatically and will download and install in intervals of usually on a week. You do not need to use…” – and for few advanced users, you can add the Show beta updates option to Update; after that, you click the Update button on rigth bottom.
- Click the Show update log on left pane to get the detailed information about the auto-update you performed
- For experienced users, you can manually set the update as well as: click the Configure schedules -> for Windows 7/Vista users, you may need to select Yes from Windows’ UAC, shown below – > look in the Schedule tab on the Settings window, telling “The Scheduler integrated into Microsoft Windows allows you to automatically run certain tasks at specified intervals, so that you won’t forget to update and do regular system scans.”, you then click the Edit… button in Status section and then, in the Task Scheduler, you manually change the option for Task Status like Last 24 hours, Last hour, or Last 7 days.
- Need some local support? You then click the Help, and then you will read some related tips detailed in the Update Modules section
- Or… you can select the Advanced User Mode, then click on the Update icon in Advanced Tools section
- Click the Settings in Advanced Tools
- For 7/Vista guys, you need to answer Yes to the following UAC
- Then the following Settings (Spybot – Search & Destroy) window will be displayed:
- Language, “In this release, there is published support for localization yet. Spybot 2.0 final will be localizable, and on release already localized to many languages.”, you can change the current language for your Spybot by simply clicking the listed options, such as the Russian (Russia) or English (United States)
- Option 1: Scan the running system and active users – A scan that covers that most-malware software does, ignoring currently inactive users. A bit faster therefore, but recommended only for servers running Terminal Services.
- Option 2: Scan the running system and all of its users, including those not logged in – This option means that Spybot-S&D will temporarily active the registry of users currently not using this machine to be able to scan and immunize them. This is the default for administrator accounts able to mount and scan these registry parts.
- Additional Option 1: Scan any inactive/external system as well – Use this option if you have more than one Windows installation on your computer, or you want to service a temporarily attached harrdisk (hard disk?) with a separate installation (not required for pure data drives). [Tip: You can click Show currently loaded hives to learn more details about the Registry Hive Information]
- Additional Option 2: Display heuristic results in File Scans (System Scan always use Heuristics). – Heuristic scans go beyond the classic approach of classifying malware based on proof, and use indications as well. This has the advantage that it can detect more new variants of malware, but bring the risks of false positives.
- Categories, “This is a list of different malware categories Spybot – Search & Destroy will scan for, where categories are the different kinds of malware that does exist. Scanning for subsets may be faster, but is not recommended unless you’ve got a cause for it (e.g. testing for the source of slowdowns or bugs.).”
- System Services:
- Security Center Service, “Active after every reboot.” (by defualt; the same applied to the below two items)
- Scanner Service, “System service responsible for scanning single files during on-access or custom …”
- Updating Service, “System service responsible for downloading and installing updates in the backgr…”
- System Integration – if you encounter some unknown issue associated with Spybot’s components, you can try to uninstall them:
- Windows Explorer integration (32 bit): Plugin responsible for showing you options to scan files and more when right-cli… – Option: Uninstall
- Internet Explorer integration: Plugin responsible for monitoring visited websites and used cookies
- Autoplay (current user): Adds Spybot files scan to actions offered when connecting external media.
- Automplay (global): …
- Browsers, “Spybot-S&D will scan various browsers for bad entries in cookies, bookmarks, history and cache. If you want to skip certain browsers, you can disable them here.”
- Ignore List, “This is a list of products that should be skipped during scans. Skipping products is only recommended if you know a good reason to keep a detected kind of malware, e.g. because there’s temporary false positive, or because another legit application depends on the detected product and you’ve decided to tolerate the malware. Keep this list empty for maximum detection.”. Furthermore, you would have learn more related information from the “Tip Of The Day”, saying “According to the antispyware coalition’s definition, such as McAfee and Trend Micro might be considered Spyware and/or PUPS, which it defines as ‘Technologies […] implemented in ways that impair user control over […] Material changes that affect there […] system security;'”
- Internet Connection:
- Use the same global settings as Internet Explorer – Usually, Internet Explorer is always set up to be able to access the Internet, since Windows Updates and many third party applications depend on its settings. This is the recommended choice.
- Do not use any proxy trying to access the Internet – If you know you’re able to access the Internet without a proxy, but have set up in Internet Explorer for e.g. adblocking services, you can choose this option.
- Use the following proxy settings to access the Internet: localhost: Spybot – Search & Destroyx / Use login to access proxy, username; use the following password
- Download Directories, “Download files in these (and more auto-detected) locations will receive special scrutiny.”
- Portable Support, “To allow Spybot – Search & Destroy to detect portable browser versions, you can tell it where to find them. Currently supported mobile browsers are Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Seamonkey and Google Chrome.”
- Dialogs, “Spybot can show dozens of helpful dialogs that inform you about the current situation and will ask for confirmation of actions it will take. If you regard yourself as a pro and just want quick action, you can hide them here. Or, if you accidently did hide one you want to show up again, you can re-able it right here as well.”
If the option of overinstallation, automatic updating just could not help you reset or fix some serve issue related with the currently installed Spybot – Search & Destroy, please try the following option to completely uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy and then, you re-install it later (by using the downloaded official installer file).
Having Problems Fixing Spybot – Search & Destroy DelZip179.dll Error Message? Annoyed by Other Errors? Then You Want to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy software?
Let’s first review some typical Spybot S&D errors below. Learn the related tips before you have to choose to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy completely. Enjoy here.
Spybot – Search & Destroy DelZip179.dll Error Review
Note: Spybot-Search & Destroy DelZip179.dll would have informed you that “Failed to load C:\Programs Files\Spybot – Search _Destroy\DelZip179.dll“.
Spybot – Search & Destroy (version 1.3) CSUtil.DLL Error Review
Note: SpybotSD.exe – Unable to Locate Component error window would have warned you that "This application has failed to start because CSUtil.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.".
Spybot – Search & Destroy Related Error: Gtools.dll not found
Note: This error window would have told you that “This application has failed to start because Gtools.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may this problem.”
Conclusion for those Spybot dll error windows fix: You can try to: 1) Save your files, restart your system to check it/them; reopen your newly re-installed version of SD; 2) You completely uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy, then apply a whole new installation option for it. Read more related details below before you can successfully uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy.
How Can I Manually Uuninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy Software from My Windows PC
Please watch or review my Spybot SD removal video below to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy by your own efforts.
1. Please log on your Windows device as system Administrator. Using a non-administrative account? Then you first need to logoff that user account by right clicking on Taskbar -> entering Task Manager -> then clicking Users tab -> right clicking that account and running Log Off command; or clicking Log Off tab at the bottom of Windows Task Manager.
2. Please right click on the Spybot – S&D Resident tray with a "lock" symbol in Taskbar; run the Exit Spybot – SD Resident item:
3. To manually discover the main files that Spybot – Search & Destroy software produced in your system, then you need to right click on Spybot – Search & Destroy (for blind users) shortcut on desktop:
4. Enter the Properties link, then you click Find Target… tab, then you’ll see the Spybot installation folder, C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy.
- SpybotSD, ver. 126.96.36.199; 5.11 MB (5,365,592 bytes)
- SDHelper.dll, ver. 188.8.131.52; 1.79 MB (1,879,896 bytes)
- advcheck.dll, ver. 184.108.40.206; 1.22 MB (1,287,000 bytes)
5-1. Then you can start to automatically uninstall or remove Spybot – Search & Destroy (in my case here, Version 220.127.116.11), please press your U key to fast locate and run the unins000.exe application in that folder.
- Title: unins000.exe
- Type of file: Application
- Description: Setup/Uninstall
- Size: 679 KB (696,200 bytes)
- Size on disk: 680 KB (696,320 bytes)
- File version: 18.104.22.168
- Language: Language Neutral
- Digital Signatures: (Shown below)
- Summary: No
5-2. You could then enter your reasons, then you go on to uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy by clicking on the Submit & Uninstall button.
- Title: Uninstall Application – Uninstall
- Info: “You have chosen to uninstall. Please help us improve our product by telling us why you chose to uninstall our product. Your feedback is completely anonymous and will be kept strictly confidential. I want to uninstall because:”
- I am just an unhappy user
- I want to undo changes Spybot-S&D has made
- I was forced to uninstall this by a kaspersky product because of alleged incompatibilities
- I was forced to uninstall this by a McAfee product because of alleged incompatibilities
- I was forced to uninstall this by a Trend Micro product because of alleged incompatibilities
- I am switching to different product
- I am just uninstalling before updating to a new version
- Other reason (See below)
5-4. Then the Spybot – Search & Destroy Uninstall will warn you that "If you just want to undo changes that you have made with Spybot – Search & Destroy, do NOT uninstall it right now. Spybot – Search & Destroy has created backups to allow you to undo any changes it has made. Please start Spybot – Search & Destroy and use the Recovery section. Also you may try to undo any protections you have applied in the Immunize section. Are you sure you want to remove Spybot – Search & Destroy and all of its components instead of trying the Undo functions first?".
5-5. Please click Yes button to starting uninstalling Spybot – Search & Destroy automatically.
6. Then the Spybot Uninstall window will inform you that "To complete the uninstallation of Spybot – Search & Destroy, your computer must be restarted. Would you like to restart now?".
7. Please first save all your private information and/or other web pages, then you click Yes button to restart your Windows, or you then select the No option.
Note: You will be able to find that some SD files, like aports.dll, 33.6 KB (34,472 bytes); sqlite3.dll, 325 KB (333,288 bytes); Tools.dll, 1.24 MB (1,303,896 bytes), remained in Spybot folder. See the screenshot for those SD leftover data below.
8. To fully uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy files type data in your system, you need to: open and change Windows Folder Options (see the details shown below) -> click your Start button -> enter Search entry -> enter this word, Spybot, in the blank, click Enter to begin deleting Spybot – Search & Destroy remains. Wait for seconds.
Step #1: uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy Leftover Files and/or Other File Folders
- SPYBOTSD.EXE-1344276B.pf, 63.8 KB (65,346 bytes), C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch
- SPYBOTSD162.EXE-0093DF0B.pf, 14.0 KB (14,408 bytes), C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch
- SPYBOTSD_INCLUDES.EXE-0BFD8137.pf, SPYBOTSD_INCLUDES.EXE-0BFD8137.pf, C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch
- Spybot – Search & Destroy folder, 3.83 KB (3,927 bytes), \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
- SpybotSD, 5.11 MB (5,365,592 bytes), C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy
8-1. Select all the SD remains listed in Search Results, right click on them, scroll up and run the Delete command on that menu to clean Spybot – Search & Destroy leftovers.
8-2. Open the Recycle Bin, run Delete command on File menu.
Tips: You can also select all the Spybot leftovers detected, press Shift key + Delete key to permanently rid of Spybot – Search & Destroy leftovers you find.
Step #2: uninstall and remove Spybot – Search & Destroy Leftover Registry Entries
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru\5603, 000 (REG_SZ)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD, SpybotSnD folder
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Safer Networking Limited\SpybotSnD, (Default) (REG_SZ)
Tip: You can then double click on the SD entry to learn some more info about it before you delete it.
And for regular SD users, you are kindly advised that you review and download Windows uninstaller to safely remove SD from your computer. For more details, please pay a visit to the link above.
Need Some Tips to Fix SD Error on Your Device?
Please try the following simple tips to fix those SD errors I reviewed above.
- Save your work; restart your computer to check your SD error and/or other annoying Windows dll/exe error(s)
- Restore SD dll/exe files deleted and saved in Recycle Bin (if you find)
- Review the Spybot S&D removal details above, then download, install the newest edition of it on your machine
Detailed SD Files Info Review
- dummy.cd_clint.dll, DLL (GUI), 53.1 KB (54,440 bytes), v22.214.171.124; Copyright, CEXX Labs + Mike Dombrowski; Comments, "For that EXTRA comfort and protection."; Company, CEXX Labs – www.cexx.org; Internal Name, ProjectOne; Legal Trademarks, CYDOOR is a trademark of CYDOOR Technologies. CEXX.ORG is not affiliated with CYDOOR Technologies.; Original File name, project1.dll; Product Name, CEXX.ORG Spyware Condom (CYDOOR-Compatible)
- English.chm, Compiled HTML Help file (for SD software), 467 KB (478,680 bytes) (Note: You could save, learn and review some more tech tips in it.)
- Adware.sbi, Spyware include file, opens with Spybot – Search & Destroy, 69.4 KB (71,113 bytes)
- AdwareC.sbi, 34.5 KB (35,386 bytes)
- Browserpages.sbs, 3.05 KB (3,132 bytes)
- CLSIDs.sbs, Spyware supplemental file
- Cookies.sbi, 1.85 KB (1,901 bytes)
- Cookies.sbs, 5.92 KB (6,065 bytes)
- Dialer.sbi, 120 KB (123,412 bytes)
- Dialer.sbs, 51 bytes (51 bytes)
- DialerC.sbi, 1.75 KB (1,801 bytes)
- Domains .sbs, 684 KB (701,076 bytes)
- HeavyDuty.sbi, 68.5 KB (70,204 bytes)
- Hijackers .sbi, 152 KB (155,929 bytes)
- HijackersC.sbi, 1.88 KB (1,934 bytes)
- iPhone.sbi, 15.1 KB (15,503 bytes)
- Keyloggers.sbi, 84.7 KB (86,831 bytes)
- KeyloggersC.sbi, 807 bytes (807 bytes)
- Logs.uts, 992 bytes (992 bytes)
- LSP.sbi, 372 bytes (372 bytes)
- LSP.sbs, 4.75 KB (4,873 bytes)
- Malware.sbi, 946 KB (968,740 bytes)
- MalwareC.sbi, 35.3 KB (36,205 bytes)
- OperaPlugins.sbs, 1.23 KB (1,268 bytes)
- ProcWatch.sbs, 67.8 KB (69,456 bytes)
- PUPS.sbi, 242 KB (248,632 bytes)
- PUPSC.sbi, 22.2 KB (22,803 bytes)
- RegWatch.sbs, 9.54 KB (9,774 bytes)
- RegXLinks.sbs, 21.3 KB (21,819 bytes)
- Revision.sbi, 494 bytes (494 bytes)
- Revision.sbs, 167 bytes (167 bytes)
- Searchpages.sbs, 214 bytes (214 bytes)
- Security.sbi, 7.64 KB (7,831 bytes)
- SecurityC.sbi, 10.7 KB (11,040 bytes)
- Services.sbs, 34.0 KB (34,818 bytes)
- Spybots.sbi, 560 bytes (560 bytes)
- SpybotsC.sbi, 579 bytes (579 bytes)
- Spyware.sbi, 131 KB (134,789 bytes)
- SpywareC.sbi, 4.02 KB (4,118 bytes)
- Startup.tnfo, Internal informations, 3.68 MB (3,863,401 bytes)
- Targets.nfo, MSInfo Document, 1.18 MB (1,243,642 bytes)
- Tracks.uti, Usage tracks include file, 33.3 KB (34,197 bytes)
- Trojans.sbi, 1.85 MB (1,945,521 bytes)
- TrojansC-02.sbi, 693 KB (710,332 bytes)
- TrojansC.sbi, 412 KB (422,627 bytes)
- TTLASSH.sbs, 4.59 MB (4,823,580 bytes)
- URL-Blacklist.sbs, 58.2 KB (59,611 bytes)
- X509White.sbs, 434 bytes (434 bytes)
- Chai.dll, Application Extension, 771 KB (790,392 bytes)
- Fennel.dll, 776 KB (795,520 bytes)
- Mate.dll, 700 KB (717,176 bytes)
- TCPIPAddress.dll, 118 KB (121,344 bytes)
- advcheck.dll, Dateiüberprüfungs-Bibliothek, 1.22 MB (1,287,000 bytes), v126.96.36.199; Copyright, © 2003-2008 Safer Networking Limited. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.; Comments, Erweiterte Dateiüberprüfungen für Spybot-S&D; Comments, Safer Networking Limited; Internal Name, advtools; Language, German (Germany), English (Ireland); Legal Trademarks, Spybot aund Spybot – Search & Destroy sind registrierte Marken.
- aports.dll, Maps TCP and UDP ports to the owning processes, 33.6 KB (34,472 bytes), v188.8.131.52; Copyright, Copyright © 2000-2005 SmartLine Inc.; Comments, Programming interface for Active Ports; Company, SmartLine Inc.; Legal Trademarks, Active Ports is a trademark of SmartLine Inc.; Product Name, Active Ports
- blindman.exe, Dummy, 418 KB (428,888 bytes), v184.108.40.206; Copyright, © 2002-2008 Safer Networking Limited. All rights reserved.; Comments, Dummy associated to files that should not be opened.
- DelZip179.dll, Freeware Zip/Unzip, v220.127.116.11; Copyright, Copyright © 2008, Russell Peters; Company, DelphiZip; Legal Trademarks, Uses code from InfoZip ZIP, UNZIP; Original File name, DelZip179.dll
- SDFiles.exe, Single file on-demand scanner, 1.67 MB (1,757,696 bytes), v18.104.22.168; Internal Name, SBSDAbominog (Note: You could run SDFiles.exe to fast scan files in your system, remove any threats detected from your computer.)
- Title: About Spybot-S&D File Scanner
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Info: Single file on-demand scanner 126.96.36.199
- SDHelper.dll, SBSD IE Protection, 1.79 MB (1,879,896 bytes), v188.8.131.52; Comments, Blockiert URLs, die Spyware, Malware etc. installieren würden.; Original File name, sdhelper.dll;
- SDMain.exe, Spybot-S&D Security Center launcher, 404 KB (414,552 bytes), v184.108.40.206; Comments, Helps Spybot-S&D with WSC; Language, English (Ireland) (Note: You could try to fast open up SD installed.)
- SDShred.exe, File shredder formerly integrated into Spybot-S&D, 1.91 MB (2,005,504 bytes), v220.127.116.11; Comments, You can use drag’n’drop to add files to the list.; Internal Name, SecureShredder (Note: You could run SDShred.exe to force remove the unwanted application(s), file(s), even the malware found in your Windows!)
- sqlite3.dll, 325 KB (333,288 bytes)
- Tools.dll, Library for Spybot-S&D, 1.24 MB (1,303,896 bytes), V18.104.22.168; Comments, Library for multiple small purposes of Spybot-S&D.
- UninsSrv.dll, Uninstallation survey, 199 KB (204,160 bytes), v22.214.171.124; Originale File name, UninsSrv
- Update.exe, External updater, 453 KB (464,728 bytes), v126.96.36.199; Comments, For updates that are only possible if Spybot-S&D is not running.; Original File name, update.exe
Would You Like to Learn More about Spybot S&D?
Topic #1: How to speed up your system?
Tip: Navigation > Tools > enter the System Startup item, informing you "This list displays all programs that will be started with Windows if you power on your system. An additional window will give you more information about known startup entries. Should you decide that you don’t need a specific one, we recommend that you disable it first by unticking the checkbox in front of it until you have verified that you won’t need it by rebooting and trying any applications possibly depending on it. Bold entries have been changed since creation of the last snapshot!". Moreover, you save the details on that entry by right clicking on it, running the Export… command; or you share it via running the Copy to Clipboard item.
Topic #2: How can I save Windows Winsock LSPs file?
Tip: Run the Winsock LSPs item in Tools I’ve reviewed above, click on the Export… option from it, telling "Show all installed network drivers. This lists displays additional information about the installed network drivers and protocols and is intended as additional information for professional and for system reports only.".
Topic #3: How to start Spybot scan?
Tip: Click Search & Destroy; wait then. You may also launch the Stop check option from it, you could learn the problem(s) found in your system, informing "This is the main scan page of Spybot-S&D. Here you scan your system (‘Check for problems’ button) and fix any problems found (‘Fix selected problems’ button). Hint: if you haven’t done so yet, we recommend you read the tutorial (see Help menu) to learn how to deal with the scan results.".
Topic #4: How to safeguard my Windows at the maxium level?
Tip: Before you will uninstall Spybot – Search & Destroy, you enter the Immunize section, "Protect yourself before threats find their way into your system. Immunization allows you to take preventive measures against spyware by using methods inside your browser(s).". Apply the following options for it.
- Internet Explorer (32 bit)
- \SOFTWARE (Cookies)
- \SOFTWARE (Domains)
- \SOFTWARE (IPs)
- \SOFTWARE (Plugins)
- \SOFTWARE (Secure Domains)
- Internet Explorer (32/64 bit)
- .DEFAULT (Cookies)
- .DEFAULT (Domains)
- .DEFAULT (IPs)
- .DEFAULT (Secure Domains)
- Administrator (Your computer name)
- Global (Hosts)
Topic #5: How to fast upgrade my old version of SD before I uninstall Spybot – Search & Destroy?
Tip: Run the Update option, choose your local or the nearest server listed in Spybot-S&D Updater; then click Continue.
You could alos check extra option " English descriptions (Enlish target description file)", and the "Startup info (Updated startup entry descriptions)", then click Download option. Wait.
- Option #1: Advanced detection library 1.6.5 (!Advanced detection routines update)
- Option #2: Immunization database (!Updated Immunization database)
- Option #3: Tea Timer update 1.6.6 (!Tea Timer update)
Click OK from Information, saying "Please re-apply immunization after this update. It is recommended that you do a full scan after this update.".
Conclusion: For more tips, you could change the Language settings for your native speaking; then visit the Tutorial link in Help; or you click F1 key before you are willing to uninstall this version of Spybot – Search & Destroy.
Related Antivirus Software Removal Posts That Will Better Guide You Uninstall and Remove Spybot – Search & Destroy
The home of Spybot-S&D! Counterexploitation (NoFrames) [cexx.org] How to Modify the Windows Registry How to Edit the System Registry (from about.com) Spybot Search & Destroy description, Anti-spyware Tools Downloads List By All Time Popularity | PCWorld | PCWorld