Preface: The following Section One will teach you how to uninstall Software Informer softly; then the Section Two will let you uninstall the potentially unneeded software updater completely.
Section One: The following steps will guide you through the soft uninstall of Software Informer program
- Why so? See the following screen shot for its express installation.
- Item: Select Additional Tasks – Which additional tasks should be performed?
- Info: Select the additional tasks you would like Setup to perform while installing Software Informer, then click Next.
- Additional icons:
- Create a desktop icon
- Create a Quick Launch icon
- Additional options:
- I would like SI to report how I use it so it could be more convenient and intuitive
- Launch Software Informer automatically at Windows startup (Note: To softly uninstall Software Informer, you go to Windows Startup and then remove the SI from the list. See the following detailed steps.)
- Press the [Windows] key + the [R] key to open the Run application; then you input the [msconfig] in the “Open:” item, click the OK on Run.
- For Windows 7 / Windows Vista folks there, you will see the following System Configuration, click the fourth item on it, the Startup tab.
- To softly uninstall Software Informer, you then deselect it in the auto-running list. Read more details about it as follow. You can direct click the OK on System Configuration then.
- Startup Item: Software Informer
- Manufacturer: Informer Technologies, Inc.
- Command: “C:\Program Files\S.I.\softinfo.exe” – autorun
- Location: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Ensuring you’ve saved all your personal data, then you can hit the Restart button on System Configuration, telling “You may need to restart your computer to apply these changes. Before restarting, save any open files and close all programs.”.
- Press the [Ctrl] key + the [Alt] key + the [Del/Delete] key – or you can also right click on Taskbar >> select the Start Task Manager option on the menu to open Windows Task Manager to check the above changes have take effect.
Section Two: Follow the quick methods to uninstall Software Informer completely
- Right-click on the shortcut file for Software Informer program, choose the Properties on the menu.
- Click the Open File Location or the older item, “Find Target…” tab on your Windows XP machine; exit the Software Informer Properties window by clicking the Close/OK/Cancel button on it.
- You can will see the unins000 application in it. For more details about it, see below. To uninstall Software Informer using the above default uninstaller program, you then you run it as system administrator.
- Type of file: Application (.exe) / Win32 EXE
- Description: Setup/Uninstall
- Size: 698 KB (715,038 bytes)
- Size on disk: 700 KB (716,800 bytes)
- File version: 220.127.116.11
- Language: Language Neutral
- SHA256: 24ede521fce70e9e924936de2d98b87eefadae9cb508f8cb276b6af3e5f53d29
- SHA1: 5c52b83a9d624afa98445067ba0f1069318a0ae9
- MD5: e449ba522907efb4c58f1ecca2c43b90
- Program name: unins000.exe
- Publisher: Unknown
- Program location: “C:\Program Files\SI\unins000.exe” /INITPROCWND=$50284
- Click the Start >> All Programs / Programs on your XP computer.
- Enter the following Software Informer entry on the list; scroll down that folder, you then run the Uninstall Software Informer application in it.
- Again, you may need to select the Yes from the below UAC window.
- Review related steps above to complete automatic uninstallation of Software Informer program you installed.
- Click the Start >> the Settings or direct the Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, you click the Uninstall a program in Programs; or the Add or Remove Programs.
- You will then see the Uninstall or change a program or the older Currently Installed Programs list; locate the unwanted Software Informer program, like mine here, v1.1, then you can launch the Uninstall option for it.
- Size: 4.09 MB
- Help/Support link: http:informer[dot]com
How to Update the Currently Installed Programs on My Windows Computer?
- Run it as admin on your computer.
- If you run Software Informer for the first time, you select the OK from the Connect to Software Informer server window, telling “Software Informer is the easiest way to keep your software up to date. It automatically checks for updates for your installed applications and shows you the list of available updates, so that you can easily update your software to the latest version. We are about to connect to the Software Informer server. This will allow us to send the information about your installed programs, drivers, and associated file types in order to obtain the list of available updates. No personal data will be sent. View the information we are going to transfer * * – additionally, we will upload the program icons that are missing on our server.”.
- Then the newly installed/upgraded Software Informer will tell you that “Please wait… Connecting to the server and checking for updates… The current progress is shown here.”.
- Then Software Informer will tell you that “We have found xxx update available for the software installed on your PC and created a special webpage for you with a list of all your updates. Would you like to see it?”. Click the Yes; meanwhile, the outdated item(s) will be highlighted on the Software section. Your default web browser will soon go to a web page including the detailed information about the old program(s).
- And to update your currently installed drivers on your Windows, you then click on the Drivers tab, you click one of them, then you click on the Menu tab, you’d better choose the Notify About Updates option for it; and search the correct driver by clicking on the Visit driver site.
- Hmm, then you can manually modify your Software Informer program: Click the Options >> the Settings >> in the General tab, you can apply the “Check for new updates of my software every week (recommended)” option and the “Don’t notify me about beta versions” option for it.
- Moreover, you can manually upgrade your current version of Software Informer by visiting the Help >> the About Software Informer >> clicking the “Click here to download the latest version” in it.
If you just don’t use Software Informer program anymore, you can review or follow the below video demo and download this smart uninstaller program to safely and quickly clean its unwanted file and registry file leftovers.
More on this blog post…
Antivirus scan for e449ba522907efb4c58f1ecca2c43b90 at 2012-09-16 07:01:52 UTC – VirusTotal
How to Make Windows Start Up Faster | PCWorld
Start System Configuration – © 2012 Microsoft Corporation
User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide – © 2012 Microsoft. All rights reserved.