How to uninstall Picasa without losing your personal information?
Some users may be concerned that uninstalling Picasa will also remove their photos in the album(s), well, the actions you take to uninstall the client on your computer do not automatically delete files in your Google account. And to effectively work around these issues relating to your currently installed Picasa, you use the following tips to completely uninstall the main program and remove its additional program left over files and registry keys; then you can reinstall it and rebuild your personal photo gallery at a later time. Please note that, to fully uninstall Picasa, the first thing you need to do is to log on to your Picasa Web Albums via your Google account and save/delete any synced photos in it.
To fully remove Picasa on Windows, you need to review the actions you performed…
- Step 1: Choose Install Location
- Destination Folder: C:\Program Files\Google\Picasa 3 (By default) (NOTE To effectively fix errors that may occur in the express install of Picasa, you use this perfect uninstaller to force uninstall it from programs list.)
- Step 2: Additional installation options for Picasa 3:
- Info: Picasa 3 has been installed on your computer.
- Set Google as my default search engine in Internet Explorer (NOTE To completely uninstall Picasa on your system, you may need to manually remove Google search engine from Home page in Windows Internet Explorer v9/v8. Fortunately, Google’s Picasa v3.9 cannot change the Internet Explorer 10 Homepage.)
How do I uninstall Picasa on my Windows 8 system?
Note There is a 50% chance that default uninstallation progress of the unwanted Picasa cannot be done quickly when its installation logs, installer files and/or other required information has been deleted unexpectedly. Thus, you just cannot uninstall Picasa via Windows programs list’s functionality or Google’s uninstaller. However, there is a way to thoroughly uninstall Picasa: clicking the following URL of smart uninstall tool will help you force uninstall Picasa wholly in your system.
- First, I use the administrator account to log on to my computer.
- Second, I save and close my files and other running applications.
- Then, you may also find that you just cannot directly close the running Picasa program. To properly exit it, please take the steps below.
- Click Continue button on Picasa.
- Click Finish on Photo Viewer Configuration, "Picasa now includes a fast, powerful photo viewer for when you want to view photos directly from Windows Explorer".
- Option 1: Use Picasa Photo Viewer as the default viewer for these file types (Default):
- Option 2: Don’t use Picasa Photo Viewer (recommended)
- Publisher: Google, Inc.
- Product version: 3.8
- Help link: http://photos.google[dot]com
- Find the following Picasa 3 icon on your Desktop.
- Right click the shortcut file and choose Properties. Then, you click Open File Location.
- Locate and directly run the following Uninstall application Size: 166 KB (170,773 bytes) to uninstall Picasa from your computer.
- Click Yes button on the UAC below to go on to uninstall Picasa.
- After that, you may need to manually delete the empty file folder and other unneeded data to entirely uninstall Picasa in your system.
Google’s built-in uninstall file is not working at all when you want to uninstall Picasa? You had no luck with the reinstallation? The following professional uninstall tool will enable you to uninstall Picasa with less pain!
Related Guides on WindowsUninstaller.Org
More Tips from around the Web: Uninstall Picasa from Windows/Mac/(i)Phone
Uninstall Picasa – Picasa and Picasa Web Albums Help
How to Delete All Picasa Web Albums | eHow.com
Remove Picasa Web Albums From Android Gallery – Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 – Tips and Tricks
Picasa 3 (from google) error? – Yahoo! Answers
How do you remove Picasa albums from phone – Copyright 2013 Mobile Nations
If I uninstall Picasa will my pictures be deleted also? – Microsoft Community