Did you ever get stuck while you were trying to uninstall and/or then reinstall a newer version of Microsoft Silverlight by using Windows’ Add or Remove Programs / Programs and Features?
Below is a checklist that can help safely, completely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight – for more regular users, to effectively resolve issues where Microsoft Silverlight just stay on Windows Programs and Features (Currently installed programs) list, please keep, install and run this auto-fix solution on your machine to forcibly uninstall Microsoft Silverlight from your computer!
- To ensure that you have the required rights to makes any later changes to Registry Editor and system files, and other current settings of your Windows OS, you MUST BE logged in as an administrator account to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight correctly.
- To safely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, you should SAVE all your personal work now, PROPERLY shut down/quit another application(s), file(s) and so forth. – you may need to check them via running the Windows Task Manager to check this Step 2, and, the Step 1 above.
- Download a powerful, reputed Windows uninstaller if you just cannot uninstall Microsoft Silverlight using the standard method as below, cuz this smart uninstall tool will offer you a better uninstall option – its advanced, unique feature and uninstall wizards will surely help you to automatically & safely analyze, review and then remove the physical leftover files, installation direcotry(ies) and registry entries produced by Silverlight even other components shared by on your system, and those (problematic) items/partially removed one(s) not listed. Run it now to entirely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight in your system!
Review: An Overview of the Requirements to Install a Complete Microsoft Silverlight & Related Errors
Related installation error review
- Title: Software Update Silverlight 5 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Installation Wizard
- Details: Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this update. The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can install Silverlight 5 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 software update.
- Installation Requirements: The Visual Web Developer for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 must be installed before installation can continue.
- Additional tip: Please see Silverlight 5 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 readme for more information.
- Option: Close
NOTE To fully uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, you may have to remove this possibly unwanted Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
- Title: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 Setup
- Details: … The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can install Microsoft Visual 2010 Service Pack 1 software package.
- Installation Requirements: A compatible version of Visual Studio 2010 was not detected on the system. This update is designed for only the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
NOTE To entirely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, you need to complete the uninstall of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 as well.
- Title: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Setup – Start Page
- Info: Please exit all applications before continuing with the installation
- Info 1: Setup has detected that the following required components are already installed:
- Microsoft Application Error Reporting
- Info 2: Set will install the following components:
- VC 9.0 Runtime (x86)
- VC 10.0 Runtime (x86)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Installation tip: To install, you must accept the license terms and enter a valid 25-character product key, where prompted.
- Title: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Setup – Install Page (1)
- Installing Components (34):
- VC 9.0 Runtime (x86)
- VC 10.0 Runtime (x86)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Microsoft Visual F# 2.0 Runtime
- Microsoft Visual Studio Macro Tools
- TFS Object Model (x86)
- .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Microsoft Web Deployment Tool (x86)
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 2 – Visual Studio 2010 Tools
- Microsoft ASP .NET MVC 2
NOTE Similarly, you need to uninstall lots of required components before you can cleanly uninstall Microsoft Silverlight. If you do not want to use the following manual actions to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, click the button below to switch the automatic one.
- Title: Install Page (2)
- Micro ASP .NET MV 2
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft Silverlight 3 SDK
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86)
- Microsoft Office Developer Tools (x86)
- Dotfuscator Software Services – Community Edition
- Crystal Reports templates for Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 (x86) ENU
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for SQL Server Compacts 3.5 SP2 ENU
- Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x86) ENU
- Microsoft Sync Services for ADO.NET v 2.0 (x86) ENU
- Microsoft Sync Framework Services v1.0 (x86) ENU
- Title: Install Page (3)
- Microsoft Sync Framework SDK v1.0 (x86) ENU
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Performance Collection Tools (x86)
- Microsoft SQL Publishing Wizard 1.4
- Microsoft SQL Server System CLR Types
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Management Objects
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Service Pack 1 (x86)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Data-Tier Application Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Data-Tier Application Project
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Transact-SQL Language Service
- Microsoft SharePoint Developer Tools
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 ADO.NET Entity Framework Tools
- Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0 x86
- Title: Install Page (4)
- Info: The following component failed to install
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Service Pack 1 (x86)
- Details: Success. Setup completed, however, there were failures reported installing optional components. Review the Error Log for the list of failed optional components. It is also recommended that you choose to opt in to the Microsoft Update service to make sure you receive all the available updates for this and other Microsoft Products.
- Option 1: Read the security notes
- Option 2: View the readme notes
- Option 3: Examine the installation log (recommended)
- “Fill up your tool box”: Install extensions from the Visual Studio Gallery that integrate with Visual Studio to further enhance your development productivity.
- “Help is just a click away!”: Clicking the button below will launch the Help Library Manager which will guide you through configuring local help for Visual Studio. More info… (Install Documentation)
Follow Me to Completely Uninstall Microsoft Silverlight from Your Computer
- You should be able to find the following multiple versions of Microsoft Silverlight installed. Then you first launch the Microsoft Silverlight 5 SDK on the following "Uninstall or change a program" list – according to my experience, uninstalling this series of Microsoft Silverlight in descending order can ensure you safely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight. See more details about it below. Take the following steps to completely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight.
- Size: 77.5 MB
- Product version: 5.0.61118.0
Tip Click Yes on Programs and Features, asking “Are you sure you want to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight 5 SDK?”
Tip Wait. Click Yes on UAC by silverlight_sdk.msi program to remove this Microsoft Silverlight 5 SDK.
Tip Wait then till Microsoft Silverlight 5 SDK has been removed from Uninstall or change a program list or Add or Remove Programs.
- Size: 51.6 MB
- Product version: 4.0.50826.0
Tip Click the Yes option for the request of Microsoft Silverlight 4 SDK removal.
- Size: 31.9 MB
- Product version: 3.0.40818.0
Tip Similarly, you select the Yes to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight 3 SDK.
Tip Click the Yes for this Microsoft Silverlight removal.
Tip You select the option “Remove .NET Framework 4 Extended from this computer.” from the following Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended Maintenance window. Then you click the Next > button.
Tip Click the Continue button on the "Extended Maintenance" above warning window, “Setup has detected the following conditions on this computer. It is recommended that you address these warnings before continuing. Warning: Uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework may cause some applications to cease to function.”
Tip “Please wait while the .NET Framework is being removed from this computer.”.
Tip Click on the Finish button on"Extended Maintenance".
Tip Click Restart Now button on"Extended Maintenance", “You must restart your computer to complete the installation. If you choose Restart Later, applications dependent on .NET Framework may stop working.”. Follow it to safely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight.
Tip Similarly, you then apply the Remove option from the following "Profile Maintenance" wizard. Click on the Next > button.
Tip Click the Continue then.
Tip Just wait.
Tip Click the Finish and then select the Restart Now option.
NOTE If you cannot uninstall the mentioned Microsoft .NET programs, please read or review this Nero 11 uninstall tutorial for more tips. Or you download and run this uninstaller program on to effectively uninstall Microsoft Silverlight and other installed requirements on your computer.
Tip Click Yes on UAC from the netfx_dtp.msi program.
Tip Select Yes on UAC from the PreEmptive Solutions program.
Tip Click Yes on UAC by ASP .NET MVC application.
Tip Select the Yes option from UAC.
Note While you try to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, you may encounter the Microsoft Visual Studio error above, “Unknown Error.”; you just click the OKto ignore it.
Tip Please select the option “Uninstall. Uninstall Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1 from this computer.” from the Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1 Setup above. Click Next > then.
Tip Go on to select the Yes option from the Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1 Setup window, “Uninstalling Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1 might cause other programs to stop working correctly. Are you sure you want to uninstall Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1?”.
Tip Click Finish on the Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1 Setup, “Setup complete. Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1 has been successfully uninstalled.”.
Tip Click Yes on UAC by DACFramework_enu.msi program.
Tip Click Yes on UAC (by DACProjectSystemSetup_enu.msi) to fully uninstall Microsoft Silverlight.
Tip Click Yes on UAC by SharedManagementObjects_x86_enu.msi.
Tip Click Yes on UAC by the TSqlLanguageService_enu.msi program.
Tip Click the Yes on the yellow UAC by “c:\Windows\Installer\5c58e3d.msi” program.
Tip Select Yes from UAC by the SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2.
Tip Select Yes from UAC by the SQL Server 2008 application.
Tip Yes to UAC by the SQLSysClrTypes_x86_enu.msi.
Tip Yes to UAC by the Microsoft Sync Framework application.
Tip While you try to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, you would meet the Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 SP1 (x86) above, “Warning 26002. The following products depend on Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x86): Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate – ENU, Microsoft Sync Framework Services v1.0 SP1 (x86), Microsoft Sync Framework SDK v1.0 SP1. If you uninstall Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x86), dependent products might not function as expected. To avoid unexpected behavior, you should uninstall dependent products first. Do you want to uninstall Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x86) anyway?”. You click Yes on it.
Tip Choose Yes to UAC.
Tip Similarly, you select the Yes option from the warning box Microsoft Sync Framework Services v1.0 SP1 (x86) above to continue to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight. Review the related detailed content above.
Tip Select Yes to UAC by the Microsoft Sync Framework program.
Tip Pick Yes from the similar Microsoft Sync Service for ADO.NET v2.0 SP1 (x86) again.
Tip Click the Yes button on Windows Installer, asking “Are you sure you want to uninstall this product?”.
Tip Please click the Yes on UAC window by vc_red.msi to remove it. Then, you just wait.
Tip Click the Yes on UAC by the vc_runtime_x86.msi to uninstall the C++ 2010 x86 Runtime – 10.0.40129 application.
Tip Select the Yes from UAC by the fsharpredist2.0.msi to go on with its express uninstallation.
Tip Yes to UAC by the ADONETEntityFrameworkTools_enu.msi.
Note You might need to wait seconds for the following MS Visual Studio box to prepare your operation.
Tip Select the Remove option from the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 Maintenance wizard. Then, you click on the Next > button.
Tip While you try to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, please carefully read the detailed warning information above, saying “The removal of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 may put this computer in an state in which projects cannot be loaded and Service Pack 1 cannot be reinstalled. For instructions about how to correct the problem, see the readme on the Microsoft Download Center website. Please see Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 readme for more information.”. Then you can click the Continue button on that window. Wait … for the “Removal progress”, telling you “Removing Visual Studio Tools for Office” and other related automatic wizards, shown above.
Note You might have been informed that “Removal Did Not Succeed. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 has not been removed from this computer because: Fatal error during installation. For more information about this problem, see the log file. For information about the most recent version of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1, see Windows Update. When you close this wizard, you will be prompted be to send a problem report to Microsoft. For more information, see Microsoft Error Reporting Service.”. There, you click on the log file link on the "Service Pack 1 Maintenance" window to safely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, see the related or similar Installation Log below. Then you can click the Finish.
- OS Version = 6.1.7601, Platform 2, Service Pack 1
- OS Description = Windows 7 – x86 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1
- CommandLine = "C:\ProgramData\VS\vs10sp1\SetupCache\Setup.exe"
- Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
- Operation: Repairing
- Package Name = Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1
- Package Version = 10.0.40219
- User Experience Data Collection Policy: UserControlled
- Operation updated to: Uninstalling
Tip Select the Uninstall option from the above Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86) Setup. Then, click Next > button on it.
Tip Click the Yes on the next window by the "(x86) Setup" above. Wait for Uninstall progress to complete its procedure.
Tip Click Finish on "(x86) Setup", “Setup Complete. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86) has been successfully uninstalled.”.
Tip To quickly & completely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, you diselect the option “Yes, send information about my setup experiences to Microsoft Corporation.” on the left pane of the Maintenance Mode, “Welcome to the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate setup wizard. This wizard guides you through the installing, as well as repairing or removing, this program and all required components. Help Improve Setup, ‘You can submit information about your Visual Studio setup experiences to Microsoft. To participate, check the box below.’”. Click the Next > button on left bottom of that wizard window then.
Tip You will read the below FOUR options listed on the Maintenance Mode to entirely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, please click the Uninstall entry; then click OK on Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Setup information window, “you have chosen to completely uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. To uninstall specific features, choose Add or Remove Features. Choose OK to completely Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. Choose Cancel to abort this operation.”.
- Add or Remove Features: Setup has detected that some of the Visual Studio Prerequisites that are installed on your computer no longer match the version required by Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. You cannot add or remove components until your computer meets all baseline requirements. Select Repair/Install to repair your installation.
- Repair/Reinstall: Restore the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate installation to its original state. This option reinstalls prerequisite and optional chained components as well as Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.
- Uninstall: Delete Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate from this computer.
- Update Product License: Please enter a valid Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate upgrade key and press Activate to upgrade the product license.
Tip If you wanna safely uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, please stand by while the Maintenance Mode is automatically uninstalling its components left including MS Visual Studio 2010 Performance Collection Tool (x86), Crystal Reports templates for Visual Studio 2010 and the MS Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. See the following screen shots.
Tip Finally, you click on the Finish button on the Finish Page, “Uninstall is complete. Visual Studio uninstall has completed successfully.”.
Tip Click on the Yes button on UAC by the Visual Studio 2010 Tools for SQL Server program.
Tip Click Yes on UAC by the MS WCF RIS Services program.
Tip Click Yes on UAC by the IIS WebDeploy Setup 32 bit program.
Most Viewed Uninstall Posts on WindowsUninstaller.Org
Uninstall AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012/2013
uninstall Norton AntiVirus 2012/2013
uninstall Norton Internet Security 2012/2013
Uninstall avast! Free Antivirus 7
Uninstall Babylon 9
uninstall ARO 2012
Windows Users Also Read
How to clean a corrupted Silverlight installation and then reinstall Silverlight – Microsoft Support
Can’t uninstall Silverlight: The Official Microsoft Silverlight.NET Forums
How do I log on as an administrator? – Microsoft Corporation
Windows Update – Keep your PC up to date – Microsoft Windows
Database Management | Data Mining & Warehousing | Microsoft SQL Server