October 11, 2012 Updated: How to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013?
The below detailed steps will guide you through the express uninstallation of McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013 program; and for those experienced users, you can perform the manual search and deletion of those unwanted items related with this McAfee’s new Anti-Virus product. And if you had any problematic version of it on your computer, such as any half-uninstalled one, skip the following steps and use this powerful uninstaller to force uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013; and for more support, please feel free to register here to tell us some more details about the uninstall issue you had been annoying.
Review: The default install of McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013
- Info: Choose Your Features – Choose the protection features that best fit the way you use your PC. Remember, you can change these features any time.
- McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
- McAfee Personal Firewall
- McAfee QuickClean and Shredder
- McAfee SiteAdvisor
Take following How-to steps to uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013 from your system
- Open the Windows Start menu, then enter the Settings or the Control Panel directly.
- In the Control Panel window, you enter the Uninstall a program or the Add or Remove Programs entry.
- You first need to find the following McAfee Antivirus Plus project in Uninstall or change a program or the Currently Installed Programs list. If you’re running a Windows 7 or a Windows Vista, you can directly launch it to uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2013 from your computer then; and for Windows XP SP3 guys, you click on the Uninstall/Change button behind it to start the uninstallation progress.
- Product version: 11.6.434
Encountered McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 Activation Unsuccessful – Install.exe – Application Error Message, Telling You "The instruction at ‘0x6240cbdd’ referenced memory at ‘0x6240cbdd’. The memory could not be ‘read’. Click on OK to terminate the program"; And You Were Warned that "We’re sorry, but we’re having trouble activating your McAfee products. You can start using your software now, but until you activate, you won’t get automatic product updates that keep your PC safe from the latest threats. Don’t worry, we’ll remind you to activate your McAfee products later-or try again whenever you choose."
Well, indeed, that would be a big problem for your Windows security. And to quickly fix McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 and/or those earlier editions, like the MAP 2011/2010, you may have, you are advised to save your files and then, reboot your machine; you need to test and ensure that your Internet connection is working properly, then right click on McAfee’s tray running in Windows Taskbar, then launch Activate product option on that menu; you may need to repeat this action multiple times. Then go back to that menu again, run the Upgrade product item to fix McAfee activation error; moreover, you may also need to reset Windows Firewall to the default settings. To quickly rid of those unexpected errors, please read related details below to cleanly uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 – we will provide you with detailed information on how to manually and thoroughly the virus scanner’s leftover files and registry keys on your computer.
How Can I Automatically uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 from Microsoft® Windows® XP 3 Operating System and More?
1. To safely uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012, you can visit the Start button > Settings > Control Panel link > Add or Remove Programs (For Windows XP users) or Uninstall or change a program (for Windows Vista/7 Operating Systems) > highlight McAfee Antivirus Plus item (256.00 MB) listed in "Currently installed programs:". You can read the McAfee details for more tech support, then you can press down Change/Remove button to automatically uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 on your Windows.
- Publisher: McAfee, Inc.
- Version: 11.0.649
Note: In case you then click Cancel button on it, you would get an uninstallation error code – 0x01dd0fe1, telling you "The instruction at ‘0x01dd0fe1′ referenced memory at ‘0xffffffff’. The memory could not be ‘read’. Click on OK to terminate the program".
2. To fully uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012, you need to select the option McAfee Antivirus Plus for the McAfee Programs and SiteAdvisor for the Browser Tools.
- Info: Remove McAfee Software
- Tip: Select the programs that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- Project #1: McAfee Programs – McAfee AntiVirus Plus
- Project #2: Browser Tools – SiteAdvisor
3. You can also tick the McAfee Antivirus Plus option only – this way will help you partially uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 from your system, then you click on the blue Remove button.
4. Then you will see the "Active Subscription" warning from McAfee SecurityCenter , detailing "You still have an active subscription to the McAfee software you’re about to remove. Your subscription entitles you to free protection updates that help keep your PC safe from viruses, spyware, and other threats. If you’re sure want to remove this software, click Remove. Otherwise, click Cancel"
5. Please wait minutes for McAfee SecurityCenter application to complete the uninstallation procedure of McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012.
Note: The McAfee SecurityCenter would tell you the below details:
- Title: Removal Status
- Tip: Please wait while we remove the McAfee programs from your PC
- Status: Removing McAfee AntiVirus Plus / more
- (Removal Details: ) McAfee AntiVirus Plus: In progress
6. Then you can click Restart Now >> button to reboot your computer. If you then want to entirely uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012, you run and check your web browser programs, find and remove the potentially unwanted SiteAdvisor – for more information, please read the following content; for Windows fans ONLY, you may be able to manually delete those additional leftovers to completely uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012.
- Title: Software Removed
- Info: To finish removing your McAfee software, close any programs that you have open, and restart your PC.
Note:Your files not saved all your personal files yet? Then you can click the gray Restart later button.
7. While you try to uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012, you then may encounter the following error message, 0x01dd0fe1 (from mcuihost.exe – Application Error), warning "The instruction at ‘0x01dd0fe1′ referenced memory at ‘0xffffffff’. The memory could not be ‘read’. Click on OK to terminate the program":
8. To completely uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012, you NOW may need to remove the McAfee SiteAdvisor. You go to SiteAdvisor’s installation folder, which should be located in “C:\Program Files\McAfee\”, run the uninstall application via the local administrative account, you then click the red Uninstall button on McAfee SiteAdvisor Uninstall window, for more tips, see the picture & detailed steps below to help you uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 completely.
Note: You can read the following article to remove McAfee security plug-in from your Web tools, to do this, please click here for related help to get rid of unwanted addons installed in browsers.
9. Then you click Finish button on the McAfee SiteAdvisor, telling you "We’ve removed McAfee SiteAdvisor from your computer. Please click Finish. If you intent to reinstall McAfee SiteAdvisor, you’ll need to restart your computer.":
10. You then reboot your Windows; after that, you need to manually search and then clean McAfee remains in your system to completely uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012. And for common users, you are recommended that you download, run a professional uninstall tool to safely uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 remains.
Extra Tips: How to Manually Uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012’s Add-on from Your Web Tools?
- Steps for removing SiteAdvisor from Windows Internet Explorer (version 8/6): Log on your system as Admin > right click on Internet Explorer icon > enter Properties link > go on click on Programs tab on Internet Properties window > click Manage Add-ons… button in it > locate the McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO > tick the Disable option in Settings box > click OK option on Windows Add-on Status alert > and then go for the McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar > click OK > close Internet Properties > open up your Internet Explorer again to ensure your modifications made to your system have taken effect.
- Tips on how to delete SiteAdvisor security add-on from Mozilla Firefox V10.0 or other versions: Please run your Firefox, then visit Tools menu on it > scroll down and enter Add-ons link > click the Extensions tab on Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Manager > click More link to get the details on McAfee ScriptScan for Firefox 14.4.1 item > click Disable option to automatically remove SiteAdvisor software and fully uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012.
Advanced Steps: How Can You Uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 Completely?
Tips: Please modify Folder Options, then find out the following McAfee files left, manually remove them to uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012.
- [email protected], Text Document file type, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies, 74 bytes (74 bytes)
- McAfee, file folder, left in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data, contains 4 Files and 3 Folders: Delfolders000, Text Document, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MCLOGS\McInst; sa_main.inf000, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MCLOGS\McInst; mcini, McAfee Configuration Settings file, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC; McSubDB, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\MSC
For advanced computer fans there, you can try to manually detect and then remove those registry keys associated with MAP 2012
BONUS! Need help to uninstall other McAfee products?
Note: The above video will guide you manually uninstall McAfee Internet Security 2012.
McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 Review
Issue 1: “Access is denied”
You just cannot end mcshied.exe via Windows Task Manager (See why below.).
Info: When you try to stop mcshied.exe process by using Windows Task Manager, you then will be told "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." – McAfee Antivirus Plus software’s self protection is working.
Issue 2: Install.exe Activation Error: 0x6240cbdd
Tip: To fix McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012 Activation 0x6240cbdd error, please check out your Windows DNS server and its settings (you can click Repair button on Support tab); then click on Internet connection, the Exceptions section in Windows firewall (if your firewall has blocked McAfee) – moreover, you can then click Restore Default button in Advanced tab of Windows firewall to fix McAfee activation error. Read more related screen shots below.
Issue 3: How Can I Get the Detailed Software Info before I Uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012?
Answer: Please follow me here to get your requested details: Right click on McAfee tray icon running in Taskbar – you just need to click the letter M, then you go to Open McAfee Antivirus Plus link or the Get Help item on that menu. See that About button on it? Okay, click it. You’ll then read the following details about your McAfee software.
- Title: About McAfee Antivirus Plus
- Item #1: McAfee SecurityCenter (Version, 11.0; Build, 11.0.649; Affld, 128-17; …)
- Item #2: McAfee VirusScan (version, 15.0; Build, 15.0.294; Last Update, 1/10/2012; DAT Version, 6583; DAT Creation Date, 1/8/2012; Boot DAT Data, 6577.0000; Boot DAT Creation Date, 1/2/2012; Engine Version, 5400.1158)
- Item #3: McAfee Personal Firewall (version, 12.0; Build, 12.0.345; Last update, 1/9/2012)
- Item #4: McAfee SiteAdvisor (Version, 3.4; Build, 18.104.22.168; Affld, 128-17; …)
- Item #5: McAfee QuickClean and Shredder (Version, 11.0; Build, 11.0.393; …)
To fast perform another clean installation of MAP, you can review, or refer to the video guide for completely removing it below and run the powerful, perfect uninstall tool to remove it focibly from your Windows.
Enjoy Some More Top Antivirus Software Removal Guides
Uninstall AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012/2013
Avast Free Antivirus Software Removal
Uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2012/2013
Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Uninstall Piriform CCleaner
Uninstall Lavasoft Ad-Aware Free Internet Security
Read Info About McAfee
Related Links: Top Anti-spyware Software Download
McAfee—Antivirus, Encryption, Firewall, Email Security, Web Security, Risk & Compliance
AVG Free | Antivirus | Best Free Virus Protection
avast! – Download Free Antivirus software or Internet Security
Kaspersky Lab United States | Antivirus Computer Security
Symantec – AntiVirus, Anti-Spyware, Endpoint Security, Backup, Storage Solutions