How to correctly uninstall IMVU Avatar Chat Software? If you’re not so sure about the steps in your mind, read this article for learning.
As an instant messaging tool developed by IMVU, this application allows you chat with people from all over the world in a 3D environment. Here are some other details:
- Default installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\roaming\imvuclient
- Uninstaller: C:\users\user\appdata\Roaming\IMVUClient\Uninstall.exe
- Estimated size: 77.14MB
Possible Unwanted Consequences Due to Incorrect Uninstall
- Removal failure
- Re-installation failure
- Intractable registry entries (lingering files)
- Screen freeze or system crash
Now you know where those errors come from. The following tutorials will guide you through the correct uninstall process, to correctly uninstall IMVU Avatar Chat Software in Windows. And anytime you face an unknown problem, don’t forget to seek help from us.
Regular Steps to Manually Uninstall IMVU Avatar Chat Software
Compared to Windows 8, the main difference of Windows 10 is that it has both a fresh new Start menu and the Start screen, and these two can be easily switched between each other. In the following steps, I particularly listed the steps you can take via the Start menu in Windows 10 along with those in Windows 7/8. Hopefully they see to every reader’s needs.
First of all, make sure you’re using an Administrator account. If your system never had a second account, skip this, and start the removal right away:
1. Close IMVU Avatar Chat Software.
Stop the IMVU Avatar Chat Software program from running in the background no matter what. It may not be necessary towards the removal of some programs, but just in case.
2. Open the list of currently installed programs.
Windows 7: Open the Start menu > Select Control Panel > Click Uninstall a program
Windows 8/8.1: Right-click on the Start button > Click Programs and Features
Windows 10: Right-click on the Start button > Click Programs and Features
3. Uninstall IMVU Avatar Chat Software via the Programs and Features. Hit here for simplified yet effective directions.
Click on IMVU Avatar Chat Software > Uninstall or Double-click IMVU Avatar Chat Software to activate its default uninstaller > confirm the removal > wait for the wizard to finish the process.
4. Open the Windows Registry Editor.
Windows 7: Open the Start menu > Execute “regedit” in the search box
Windows 8/8.1: Point your mouse to the bottom-right corner > Select Search > Execute “regedit” in the box
Windows 10: In the bottom-left corner of your screen, execute “regedit” in the search box on the taskbar
5. Delete the vestiges to completely uninstall IMVU Avatar Chat Software.
Now you’re removing the files that regular uninstallation might leave behind. Before doing this, you might want to read How to Back up & Restore the Registry in case of any mistaken deletion.
To delete the leftovers of IMVU Avatar Chat Software, navigate to this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IMVU, and delete it.
Then on the navigator of Registry Editor, click Edit > Find… > search for “IMVU Avatar Chat Software” > Delete the file (s)/folder (s) if found.
6. Restart your PC to take effect.
Then check your system tray (right end of the taskbar) and Task Manager (hit Ctrl + Alt + Del to open), if IMVU Avatar Chat Software is not there then the removal was successful.
How to Uninstall IMVU Avatar Chat Software with Much Convenience?
The answer is to use an efficient tool takes care of all the necessary jobs for you. I believe this will save a lot of time:
1. Click the green Download button to install Max Uninstaller.
2. Run it and you will see the list of all the programs currently installed on your machine > Locate the IMVU Avatar Chat Software icon, select it and click on the green Run Analysis button.
3. Keep all items displayed in the new list ticked, hit the green Complete Uninstall button.
4. After a few seconds, it will give you the option to Scan Leftovers (cleaning out the keys from Windows Registry), click it.
5. At last, hit the green Delete Leftovers button to completely uninstall IMVU Avatar Chat Software.
Clicking Back to Step1 will fresh the programs list, so that you can check whether your target has been eliminated. If the removal is successful, you can perform the same steps to uninstall other programs you wish to remove.
Here is a short video that shows you how Max Uninstaller works to uninstall IMVU Avatar Chat Software:
If you have any question to ask or any further help is needed, do feel free to leave comments below. Hopefully through the reading, you have a good understanding of program’s removal in Windows.