April 1, 2013 Updated: How to Do I fully uninstall Immunet 3.0 from Windows 8?
Well, the following portion will walk you through the default installation of Immunet; then you can get more tips on how to manually/thoroughly remove it on your own machine. You of course you can skip it and direct uninstall Immunet by using this smart uninstaller if you cannot perform the standard uninstall employing Immunet’s supplied uninstaller.
Review: how did you install Immunet?
- Step 1: Begin Your Immunet 3.0 Installation
- "Select which product to install"
- "Recommended: Try Immunet Plus 3.0 and you can always switch to basic protect later."
- Step 2: "License Agreement – Please review the license terms before installing Immunet 3.0."
- "Try an Immunet Plus 3.0 Trial today!"
- "Do you already have a license key?" ("Enter Your License Key. You can Copy (CTRL-C) and Paste (CTRL-V) the entire key from the website or email into the first license key cell.")
- Step 3: "Choose Install Location – Choose the folder in which to installation 3.0"
- "Setup will install Immunet 3.0 in the following folder. To install in a different folder, click Browse and select another folder. Click Install to start the installation."
- "Destination Folder: C:\Program Files\Immunet" (TIP You can cleanly uninstall Immunet by using this professional uninstaller.)
- "Space required: 32 MB"
- "Submit suspicious files for analysis. Immunet 3.0 uses ‘Collective Immunet’ to protect you and your friends from viruses. Each new user who installs Immunet 3.0 makes Immunet 3.0 stronger.’"
- Step 4: "Installation Completed. Please choose final installation options below. To complete the install you will have to reboot your machine. Would you like to perform this reboot now?"
How can you uninstall Immunet 3.0 then?
- Option 1: Launch the Uninstall/Change option in the Uninstall or change a program to automatically uninstall Immunet v3.08.9025.
- Option 2: Enter Immunet’s installation folder – I’ve mentioned above – and then, you find and run the following uninstall application to uninstall Immunet; you might be able to remove those potentially remaining program traces at a subsequent time.
Can’t uninstall Immunet Plus 3.0 completely from your computer? Are you getting totally frustrated because you feel like you’ve tried everything to uninstall Immunet software using Windows standard Add or Remove Programs, but it still doesn’t work?
Need Uninstall Help to Solve Your Incompatible Anti-Virus Software with Immunet Problems?
For your incompatible issues with Windows device, please review and follow the specific virus scanner removal blogs to completely uninstall Immunet Protect from your computer, e.g., (How to Uninstall) Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2012/ZoneAlarm Extreme Security/Kaspersky Internet Security, then download, scan and run ImmunetSetup.exe as system administrator to reinstall it. Read the related tips below. If you still have the trouble installing the mentioned antivirus programs, you run th following perfect uninstall tool to cleanly associated program traces on your computer.
Method #1 (recommended): Download and run Max Uninstaller to uninstall Immunet Protect
Download Max Uninstaller, scan and run the newest version of Max Uninstaller to safely uninstall Immunet Plus 3.0
1. After finish the installation of Max Uninstaller, run it and locate Immunet 3.0 on the following "Installed Programs" list.
- Version: 18.104.22.16880
- Publisher: Sourcefire, Inc.
- Install Location: C:\Program Files\Immunet\3.0.5 (Note: It’s up to your decision when you have the Immunet software installed.)
3. Click on Run Analysis button and wait.
4. Click on “Complete Uninstall”.
5. Select “Yes” option from Max Uninstaller window.
6. Click Uninstall button on the box to start the standard process.
- Title: Uninstall Immunet 3.0
- Info #1: Remove Immunet 3.0 from your computer.
- Info #2: Immunet 3.0 will be uninstalled from the following folder. Click Uninstall to start the uninstallation.
- Uninstalling from: C:\Program Files\Immunet\3.0.5 (Tip If you cannot find the unwanted Immunet program in programs list, you run this Windows uninstaller to forcibly uninstall Immunet 3.0.)
Note: You could select “Show details” to get more info on Immunet 3.0 automatic removal, it will help you review and then delete Immunet leftover files to completely uninstall Immunet 3.0.
7. Click Close on Immunet 3.0 Uninstall, “Uninstall was completed successfully. Immunet 3.0 has Completed”.
8. To keep some of the Immunet software data on your computer, click “Yes” button from Immunet 3.0 Uninstall window, informing you “Do you plan to installing Immunet 3.0 again? Clicking ‘No’ to delete all local data generated by Immunet 3.0 including history and quarantine files”. Click No to “uninstall Immunet Plus 3.0″ virus database and other data, and to free up your disk space. Here, clicking "No" button can fully uninstall Immunet from your computer.
9. To safely uninstall Immunet, you need to save all your work, click Yes from “Immunet 3.0 Uninstall” to restart your device, “To complete the uninstall you will have to reboot your computer. Would you like to perform this reboot now?”.
10. Run your currently installed version of Max Uninstaller to completely uninstall Immunet 3.0 remnants. Click "Review all the leftovers".
11. Click Delete Leftovers button.
12. Select Yes to cleanly uninstall Immunet.
13. Click OK to complete the Immunet removal.
14. Exit Max Uninstaller.
Method #2: Use Windows Add or Remove Programs to automatically uninstall Immunet
1. Click start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > run the Change/Remove on Immunet 3.0 item listed to automatically uninstall Immunet.
2. You could review the above steps to uninstall Immunet.
Method #3: Run the following uninstall.exe to uninstall Immunet
1. Find and fast locate the uninstall.exe in Immunet installation direction, press the [Enter] key to automatically uninstall Immunet.
2. For computer starters, you may review the following details before you run that application to uninstall Immunet.
- Title: uninstall.exe
- Type of file: Application
- Description: uninstall
- Size: 1.45 MB (1,524,944 bytes)
- Size on disk: 1.45 MB (1,527,808 bytes)
- Digital Signatures: (Shown below)
- Summary: No
- SHA256: 35ef9fccfc6e770eb879c67acf1c2c2b8ef250c7b65b0e50a836382002aaf6ef
- File name: 91B87D26D08F873444611737B4DD3C0004DC5238.exe
- Detection ratio: 0 / 43
- Analysis date: 2012-02-19 00:56:40 UTC ( 1 month, 2 weeks ago )
3. Double click it to automatically uninstall Immunet. This method would also help you delete its remaining leftover files. See the picture shown below:
Find and manually clear all remnants to thoroughly uninstall Immunet 3.0. Obviously, it is not an easy task for common Windows users. Therefore It is strongly suggested that you download Max Uninstaller to safely clear the associated items to conduct a clean uninstallation of it.
- Immunet, file folder, 133 KB (136,301 bytes) [which contains: banner.b5faa28de9acca1372fc4a7546bcdb44.dll, IPTray.log]
- Immunet, an empty file folder
- Immunet, file folder, 392 MB (411,459,685 bytes); Contains, 1,884 Files, 10 Folders [Note: In case the you selected the option "Yes" from Immunet 3.0 Uninstall, you then need to delete the majority data of "IP-3.0" to completely uninstall it.]
- IMMUNETSETUP.EXE-17ADF95C.pf, 33.3 KB (34,140 bytes)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru\5603, 000 – Immunet
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Immunet 3.0, 00D0 4D 55 4E 45 7E 31 2E 4C MUNE~1 .L, 00F0 49 00 6D 00 6D 00 75 00 I.m.m.u.; more
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache, C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\protect-latest.exe – Immunet 3.0 Installer, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ImmunetSetup.exe – C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ImmunetSetup.exe, C:\Program Files\Immunet\3.0.5\iptray.exe – Immunet Protect Tray Client, more.
Why you want to uninstall Immunet?! See the following errors you may have encountered…
Note: The update.exe will inform you that the dut.dll was not found. You can not run Immunet!
What’s the dut.dll Dll File?
Tip: You may need to restore the deleted components from Recycle Bin. Furthermore, you could run the ImmunetSetup.exe to directly overinstall it as Admin. The 3rd way is to completely uninstall it and reinstall it.
- immunetprotect.cat, Security Catalog, opens with Crypto Shell Extension, 9.12 KB (9,345 bytes)
- immunetprotect.inf, Setup Information, 2.16 KB (2,216 bytes)
- immunetprotect.sys, Immunet Protect Driver & System file, 49.9 KB (51,104 bytes); File version, 6.1.7600.16385; Copyright, Copyright (c) Immunet. All rights reserved.; Company, Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider; File Version, 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK; Internal Name, ImmunetProtect.sys
- agent.exe, Immunet 3.0 Agent, 778 KB (797,096 bytes), v22.214.171.12480; Copyright, (c) Sourcefire. All rights reserved.; Internal Name, agent; Language, English (Canada); Produce Name, Immunet 3.0
- agent.exe.log, Text Document, 1.30 KB (1,337 bytes)
- creport.exe, Immunet 3.0 Crash Reporter, 33.2 KB (34,080 bytes)
- dcf.dll, Immunet 3.0 Library, 188 KB (192,800 bytes); Internal Name, cf
- dcl.dll, 1.03 MB (1,082,144 bytes), v126.96.36.199; Internal Name, cl
- dcm.dll, Immunet Protect Context Menu Handle, 163 KB (167,200 bytes); Company, Immunet Corporation; Product Name, Immunet Protect
- dep.dll, 652 KB (667,936 bytes)
- det.dll, Immunet 3.0 Ethos Engine, 56.7 KB (58,144 bytes); Internal Name, et
- dhr.dll, 349 KB (357,664 bytes)
- dmz.dll, 42.7 KB (43,808 bytes); Internal Name, dmz
- dqr.dll, 248 KB (254,752 bytes); Internal Name, qr
- dre.dll, 96.0 KB (98,304 bytes)
- drh.dll, 5.66 MB (5,937,440 bytes); Internal Name, dhr; Original File name, dhr.dll
- drs.dll, Immunet Protect Tray Res Library, 1.59 MB (1,671,968 bytes); Internal Name, et; Original File name, et.dll
- dsl.dll, 318 KB (325,920 bytes); Internal Name, sl; Original File name, sl.dll
- dsp.dll, 295 KB (302,368 bytes)
- dti.dll, Immunet 3.0 Tetra Engine Library, 34.7 KB (35,616 bytes); Internal Name, ti
- dxm.dll, 236 KB (241,952 bytes); Internal Name, xm; Original File name, xm.dll
- global.xml, XML Document, 7.93 KB (8,122 bytes)
- ipsupporttool.exe, Immunet Protect Diagnostic Tool, 47.2 KB (48,416 bytes); Internal Name, ipsupporttool; Product Name, Immunet Protect
- uninstall.exe, 1.45 MB (1,524,944 bytes)
- updater.exe, Immunet 3.0 Updater, 30.2 KB (31,008 bytes)
Popular Topic on Immunet Usage Review
Question: How to effectively protect your Windows computer via Immunet 3.0?
Step 1: Click on the Update Now link in Product section before you start virus scan.
Step 2: Wait and then close the Immunet Updater, informing you “Checking for New Version; Immunet 3.0 is Up to Date”
Step 3: Click on Scan Settings link in Computer.
Step 4: Click General Settings; enable the following options before you uninstall “IP-3.0″.
Step 5: Enable the Blocking Mode for the Protection
Step 6: Check the “Enable ClamAV Engine” and the “Allow Definition Updates”.
Step 7: Ensure that you have applied the following options from File Exclusions (in Protection Exclusions)
Note: You could add some other personal exclusion(s) to Protection Exclusions to safeguard your data.
Step 8: Enable the “Scan Archive Files” and the “Scan Packed Files” from File Type
Step 9: Click Apply then Close.
Extra Tip: you could visit the Support link at the bottom; moreover, you may purchase the full version of it via clicking and following the Upgrade entry before you uninstall Immunet Plus 3.0.
So finally after hours of going through total frustration with trying to uninstall Immunet out of computer, I guess you must want to find an easy & intelligent way that guarantee to remove or uninstall Immunet Plus 3.0 in a more safer & effective way. Max Uninstaller is the wise choice for you to uninstall & remove any unneeded software on your PC. What’s more, it also help you clean your registry entries and drivers which will protect your PC from invalid registry files left behind after uninstalling the unwanted software.
Related blog entries on WindowsUninstaller.Org
Uninstall Ad-Aware Free Internet Security
uninstall Trend Micro Titanium 2012
Uninstall McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012
Uninstall avast! Internet Security 7
Uninstall Avira Internet Security 2012
Immunet: Free Antivirus Software Download and Endpoint Security
Enterprise Support – Symantec Corp. – About the automatic exclusion of files and folders for Microsoft Exchange server and Symantec products
Archive file – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Archive File Definition – About.com – PC Support