February 28, 2013 Updated: How to remove Corel PaintShop Pro Ultimate Series?
The following newly updated content will enable you downgrade or uninstall PaintShop X5/X4 Ultimate completely, including:
- PART ONE: How do I uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate.
- PART TWO: How to get rid of Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate.
NOTE If you just cannot remove Corel PaintShop Pro product(s) by using Windows’ standard uninstallation utility, perform a force uninstall option for them by employing the smart uninstaller program attached below.
PART ONE: Please use the following information to uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate on your Windows 8, Windows 7 and/or other Windows OSs you’re running
To fully uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5, I need to exactly know the installed programs on my Win8 system:
- Settings: Choose the features and languages that you want to install:
- Corel PaintShop Pro X5 (Main Program)
- Install Corel PaintShop Pro X5 to:
- c:\Program Files\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X5 (Note You can forcibly uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate by adding this installation folder to my kindly recommended uninstaller program here.)
- Options: Choose additional options:
Note Optional install option for Google Toolbar. So far, you’ve gotta know that you may have to remove this potentially unwanted Google Toobar from Windows Internet Explorer and restore related settings for it to cleanly uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5.
Note Moreover, to fully uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5, you too need to remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 Redistributable, the required components for this new PaintShop suite.
Am I ready to properly and successfully uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate? No, not yet! Why? I must save and then close all the personal files via the current active administrator account:
- Well, to uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate without any unexpected data loss, I also recommend that you first click File and then launch the option "Save As…" on the menu – for few advanced users, you can also press the F12 key to save your work.
- I wanna rename my image and then click Save on the following Save As window.
- Then I re-launch the Exit on File menu to quit my Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate.
- Now I need to click the Close on the PaintShop Pro X5 window below cuz I’m running a trial version of it.
- I choose the option "Remind me next time" from the Install Options Dialog below.
- Then I open up Control Panel application on my desktop and Uninstall a program (under Programs entry). Now, I detect the following installed programs in Uninstall or change a program list – but I do not see the installed Google Toolbar:
- Corel PaintShop Pro X5 (Publisher, Corel Corporation; Size, 154 MB; Product version, 126.96.36.199; Help link: http://www.corel[dot]com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=…)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Publisher, Microsoft Corporation; Size, 4.99 MB; Product version, 8.0.56336)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable – x86 9.0.30729.17 (Size, 9.63 MB; Product version, 9.0.30729)
PART TWO: How to Uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Completely?
Again, please review its default install quickly:
- Installation file folder – You can force remove or uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 if you cannot find it in the programs list:
- Install option for Google Toolbar:
- Please note that, this Corel PaintShop Pro X4 will require you to install .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0):
Now, you may be able to uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 very soon:
- Save and close your X4 program: click Close on the following Getting Started and…
- Click on the Close on Corel PaintShop Pro X4.
- You may launch "Remind me in 7 days" or "Remind me next time" from Install Options Dialog.
- Please review or refer to the detailed steps above to downgrade or uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 thoroughly.
Newly Installed Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Just Gave You Following Popup Error Message, “C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro\X3\PSPClass\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo.exe [NOTE It’s the installation path of PSP Pro X4/X3] The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.”? Then You Wanna Remove It from Your Windows 7 or Windows XP SP3 Machine?
To resolve the error box, please save, and, reboot your device; retry to run your photo software PaintShop Pro again. If you still cannot run it as admin, then please check if the following required components for the Corel product are installed: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (SP1) Redistributable – x86 9.0.30729.17 (File name, vcredist_x86.exe; Product version, 9.0.30729), Microsoft Visual C++ 2005/2010 Redistributable (v8.0.56336) – You may download the two MS updates from its official specific page and then you may first add the lower version of C++ update to your system, save and reboot and then, the higher version of it, save and reboot again. Finally, run the PaintShop Pro you got again before you start taking the following steps to completely remove it.
General Introduction to Corel PaintShop Pro X3 Uninstallation
To completely remove the older/problematic version of, or unwanted Corel PaintShop Pro product from your Windows PC, you may need to review some information about its standard installation, and, you remove them from your Window:
- Google Toolbar for Windows Internet Explorer (v9/v8/v6)
- Apple’s QuickTime has been installed
See the below screenshots and details.
- “Free! Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer”
- (Installation Process: ) "Please wait while we configure QuickTime ……"
Before you take action, please BACK UP or copy the order number and CD-key serial number (product key) of it and then, save and close Corel’s image editing application you’re running. See the detailed message below. Click here for more related tips.
- Information & Guide: The following applications have been detected running on your system…
How to Uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro Completely?
The following detailed manual steps can help completely uninstall PaintShop Pro from your device.
- Click on Start icon in Taskbar and then, on the Control Panel link
- In Windows CP, please directly open Programs and Uninstall a program or Add or Remove Programs.
- You first locate Corel PaintShop Pro X3 from the list of “Currently Installed Programs”, run it directly as a local administrator; you right-click on it and select option Uninstall/Change for it. Wait then.
- If you wanna keep the customized settings for it, and reinstall it later on or a new edition of it, you uncheck option “Clear all personal settings in Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3″, click Remove button.
- Follow the final screen window, “Installation Wizard successfully completed. Thank you for choosing Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3. Use the Finish button to exit the wizard.”
- Now, launch QuickTime item (v188.8.131.52) to automatically remove it. For more support and detailed instructions, please READ & WATCH the video guide here: How to Uninstall QuickTime Player.
- Rid the unused Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable – x86 9.0.30729.17 from the Uninstall or change a program list.
- Similarly, run the "C++ 2005" (v8.0.56336; size, 422 KB) project.
- Open Google Toolbar program listed, and, close the “Toolbar has been uninstalled.” page from Google. Re-run current(ly) (installed) version of Windows IE to verify the changes made to it.
- Save and restart your Windows computer.
- For Windows beginners, it’s strongly recommended downloading and running best uninstall tool to automatically find and remove the below huge quantity of program leftovers I reviewed above.
Note For Windows XP SP3 users, follow this Start > Settings > Control Panel.
Note Click Yes on Programs and Features, “Are you sure you want to uninstall QuickTime?”.
Note Wait and click Yes on UAC. Then wait.
Tip Select option Use blank for Home page in Windows Internet Explorer. To remove Google from Search Providers in Manage Add-ons, you could read PaintShop Pro traces troubleshooting tips below.
OUR RECOMMENDATION: Program Traces Troubleshooter (Download NOW)
You also might need to…
Related Web Resources
Ultimate Photo Editor – Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate
Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
How to login as Administrator in Windows XP?
User Account Control – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How to Change Your Home Page in Internet Explorer (Article ID: 25246)
How to Uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro | eHow