February 28, 2013 Updated: How to Uninstall Corel PaintShop Ultimate Series?
The following newly updated content will enable you downgrade or uninstall PaintShop X5/X4 Ultimate completely, including:
- PART ONE: How do I uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate.
- PART TWO: How to uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate.
NOTE If you just cannot uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro product(s) by using Windows’ standard uninstallation utility, please perform a force uninstall option for them by employing the smart uninstaller program attached below.
PART ONE: Please use the following information to uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate on your Windows 8, Windows 7 and/or other Windows OSs you’re running.
To fully uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5, I need to exactly know the installed programs on my Win8 system:
- Settings: Choose the features and languages that you want to install:
- Corel PaintShop Pro X5 (Main Program)
- Languages: English (by default)/Traditional Chinese/German/Spanish/French/Italian/Janpanese/Dutch/Polish/Russian/Finnish
- Miscellaneous: Add shortcut to the desktop
- Install Corel PaintShop Pro X5 to:
- c:\Program Files\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro X5 (Note You can forcibly uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate by adding this installation folder to my kindly recommended uninstaller program here.)
- Info: Corel PaintShop Pro X5 will now install. Installation time may vary depending on your computer (317 MB required).
- Options: Choose additional options:
- Product updates: Automatically download product updates and ask me before installing.
(Now my downloaded PSPX5_TBYB30 program starts its express installation.)
Note Optional install option for Google Toolbar. So far, you’ve gotta know that you may have to remove this potentially unwanted Google Toobar from Windows Internet Explorer and restore related settings for it to cleanly uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5.
Note Moreover, to fully uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5, you too need to remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 Redistributable, the required components for this new PaintShop suite.
Note "Please wait while we configure Google Chrome and Toolbar …".
Am I ready to properly and successfully uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate? No, not yet! Why? I must save and then close all the personal files via the current active administrator account:
- Well, to uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate without any unexpected data loss, I also recommend that you first click File and then launch the option "Save As…" on the menu – for few advanced users, you can also press the F12 key to save your work.
- I wanna rename my image and then click Save on the following Save As window.
- Then I re-launch the Exit on File menu to quit my Corel PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate.
- Now I need to click the Close on the PaintShop Pro X5 window below cuz I’m running a trial version of it, "We hope you are enjoying your trial! Check out the Resource Center for tips, tutorials, learning videos, free creative content and much more! Visit Resource Center. At any time, you can purchase the full version of this product by clicking the Buy now button.".
- You know I’m going to uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X5 from my Win8 system, so I choose the option "Remind me next time" from the Install Options Dialog below, "Your update is ready for installation. Install now. The application may need to be closed for installation.".
- Then I open up Control Panel application on my desktop and Uninstall a program (under Programs entry). Now, I detect the following installed programs in Uninstall or change a program list – but I do not see the installed Google Toolbar:
- Corel PaintShop Pro X5 (Publisher, Corel Corporation; Size, 154 MB; Product version, 184.108.40.206; Help link: http://www.corel[dot]com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=…)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Publisher, Microsoft Corporation; Size, 4.99 MB; Product version, 8.0.56336)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable – x86 9.0.30729.17 (Size, 9.63 MB; Product version, 9.0.30729)
PART TWO: How to Uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Completely?
Again, please review its default install quickly:
- Installation file folder – You can force remove or uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 if you cannot find it in the programs list:
- Install option for Google Toolbar:
- Please note that, this Corel PaintShop Pro X4 will require you to install .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0):
Now, you may be able to uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 very soon:
- Save and close your X4 program: click Close on the following Getting Started and
- Click on the Close on Corel PaintShop Pro X4.
- You may launch "Remind me in 7 days" or "Remind me next time" from Install Options Dialog.
- Please review or refer to the detailed steps above to downgrade or uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 thoroughly.
Newly Installed Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Just Gave You Following Popup Error Message, “C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro\X3\PSPClass\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo.exe [NOTE It's the installation path of PSP Pro X4/X3] The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-lin sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.”? Then You Wanna Remove It from Your Windows 7 or Windows XP SP3 Machine?
To resolve the error box, please save, and, reboot your device; retry to run your photo software PaintShop Pro again. If you still cannot run it as admin, then please check if the following required components for the Corel product are installed: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (SP1) Redistributable – x86 9.0.30729.17 (File name, vcredist_x86.exe; Product version, 9.0.30729), Microsoft Visual C++ 2005/2010 Redistributable (v8.0.56336) – You may download the two MS updates from its official specific page and then you may first add the lower version of C++ update to your system, save and reboot and then, the higher version of it, save and reboost again. Finally, run the PaintShop Pro you got again before you start taking the following steps to completely remove it.
General Introduction to Corel PaintShop Pro X3 Uninstallation
To completely remove the older/problematic version of, or unwanted Corel PaintShop Pro product from your Windows PC, you may need to review some information about its standard installation, and, you remove them from your Window:
- Google Toolbar for Windows Internet Explorer (v9/v8/v6)
- Apple’s QuickTime has been installed
See the below screenshots and details.
- Info #1: “Free! Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer”
- Info #2: “Google Toolbar makes web browsing more convenient:”
- Search from any website
- Translate web pages instantly
- Auto-fill web forms with one click
- Additional Option: Install the free Google Toolbar along with PaintShop Photo Pro X3 “You can remove it easily at any time”
- Tip: What you can do with PaintShop Pro X3
- “Keep it raw: Fine tune your RAW photos with adjustments during the load process – apply changes to groups of photos faster than ever before.”
- (Installation Process: ) "Please wait while we configure QuickTime ……"
Before you take action, please BACK UP or copy the order number and CD-key serial number (product key) of it and then, save and close Corel’s image editing application you’re running. See the detailed message below. Click here for more related tips.
- Information & Guide: The following applications have been detected running on your system: In order to minimize the need to restart your computer, it is strongly recommended that you close these applications before continuing. Please close these applications and click OK to continue.
- (Related Program: ) Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3
- Option 1: Automatically close and attempt to restart applications.
- Option 2: Do not close applications. (A reboot will be required.)
Help You Completely Uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X3 from your Windows PC
The following detailed manual steps can help completely uninstall PaintShop Pro from your device.
- Click on Start icon in Taskbar and then, on the Control Panel link
- In Windows CP, please directly open Programs and Uninstall a program or Add or Remove Programs.
- You first locate Corel PaintShop Pro X3 from the list of “Currently Installed Programs”, run it directly as a local administrator; you right-click on it and select option Uninstall/Change for it. Wait then.
- If you wanna keep the customized settings for it, and reinstall it later on or a new edtion of it, you uncheck option “Clear all personal settings in Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3″, click Remove button. Please wait while Windows automatically configures PaintShop Pro.
- Follow the final screen window, “Installation Wizard successfully completed. Thank you for choosing Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3. Use the Finish button to exit the wizard.”
- Now, launch QuickTime item (v220.127.116.11) to automatically remove it. For more support and detailed instructions, please READ & WATCH the video guide here: How to Uninstall QuickTime Player.
- Launch Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable – x86 9.0.30729.17 from the Uninstall or change a program list.
Note For Windows XP SP3 users, follow this Start > Settings > Control Panel.
Note Click Yes on Programs and Features, “Are you sure you want to uninstall QuickTime?”. For advanced users, you can select option “In the future, do not show me this dialog box” for it.
Note Wait and click Yes on UAC. Then wait.
- Program name: vc_red.msi
- Verified publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- File origin: Hard drive on this computer
Note Program name, “c:\Windows\Installer\215d3ff.msi”; publisher, unknown.
Tip Select option Use blank for Home page in Windows Internet Explorer. To remove Google from Search Providers in Manage Add-ons, you could read PaintShop Pro traces troubleshooting tips below.
Note For Core PSP Pro in Windows Registry Editor. And more.
Note See leftovers related with Google Toolbar.
Note You might manually detect and delete traces of Apple QuickTime.
OUR RECOMMENDATION: Program Traces Troubleshooter (Download NOW)
You also might need to…
Related How-to Tips for Your PaintShop Pro X4/X3/X2 (Trial Version)
How to start PaintShop product?
How to set up your workspace for PaintShop?
- Tip 1: To create a new *.CorelShow file, you press CTRL+N; or click File > scroll down and run New… item in it.
- Tip 2: The Learning Center describes the tool tips, and, it’s part of the express workspace for your PaintShop.
- Tip 3: The Main Toolbar on left pane shows you all the tools originally installed in PSP Pro. You can manually add or customize another command button to Toolbar.
- Tip 4: The Help menu tell you details on effects, settings, preferences and more.
- Tip 5: The Enhance Photo section provides the most used quick choice tools included in current version of PaintShop.
- Tip 6: Each toolbar in Tools Options delivers option settings for your PaintShop file.
- Tip 7: The Canvas offers platform for your graphics.
- Tip 8: The Status Bar at the bottom of your workspace gives you additional tool tips, image information and so forth.
- Tip 9: The Materials section provides Colour, Gradients, Patterns, Settings, and Design choices and more.
- Tip 10: To save your current workspace for PSP, you click File > Workspace > run Save…; or you press [SHIFT]+[ALT]+[S]. Moreover, to reload your previous one, you can press [SHIFT] key + [ALT] key + [L] key
- Tip 11: The Layers offers common/regular/basic layers, properties, styles, blends, groups, and more other mixed tools you may need or preferred.
- For more tips, please click on the expand menu on right > scroll down an visit the Corel Guide in it.
- Brand new to the Main Toolbar in PaintShop Graphite Workspace? Read the below quick tips.
- Pan Tool (A)
- Pick Tool (K)
- Selection Tool (S)
- Dropper Tool (E)
- Crop Tool (R)
- Straighten Tool
- Red Eye Tool
- Makeover Tool
- Clone Brush (C)
- Paint Brush (B)
- Lighten / Darken Brush (L)
- Eraser Tool (X)
- Background Eraser Tool
- Flood Fill Tool (F)
- Picture Tube Tool (I)
- Text Tool (T)
Tip Launch the shortcut file for PSP you installed > click Continue on it, “Welcome your free 30-day trial! For the next 30 days, it’s a new journey. Free learning tools, tutorials and videos will help you explore and master this product. And you’ll get the inside scoop on exclusive offers. Have fun! At any time you can purchase the full version without having to download or install again. Note: If you haven’t registered this trial, you’ll be asked to do so next.”
Note You may need to register a new user account for the newly installed (trial) version of PaintShop by filling out the table on left pane. Or if you’ve already got one for it, then please enter the correct details on right pane to sign in.
Note Click Continue on (Corel) PaintShop wizard, “Thank you for registering your product with Corel. We hope you enjoy this product!”
Note You need to wait for it loads completely. Then you can start your work!
Info Original image by Michele’s Paint Shop (michelespaintshop[dot]com).
In event that you wanna downgrade or uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro X4 to X3 or X2; wanna change it for PhotoShop (CS8); or, your currently installed edition of it got problematic, then you review my video guide; run the perfect uninstall tool to effectively remove the traces of it and its components I reviewed above.
Related Web Resources
Ultimate Photo Editor – Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate
Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
How to login as Administrator in Windows XP?
User Account Control – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How to Change Your Home Page in Internet Explorer (Article ID: 25246)
Customizing Paint Shop Pro X – Adding Commands to Toolbars