Whether you tried to reinstall or uninstall Corel Painter 12, you encountered the "Setup Prerequisites error", informing “Some components of your operating system must be updated before Corel Painter 12 can be installed…”?
You may need to repair or reinstall the Painter’s required components, e.a., Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, employing your administrative rights, save and reboot your computer. Afterwards, you re-open the installation file to install Corel Painter 12. If you still cannot install or reinstall it, please use this powerful uninstaller to force uninstall Corel Painter 12. And if you want to perform the process manually, read the following details on how to remove Corel Painter 12 and, clean its program traces and components totally. Enjoy.
To fully get rid of Corel Painter 12, please review its default setup progress…
- Destination folder: Click Change if you want to specify where the software installs…
- Folder: c:\Program Files\Corel\Painter 12\ (Note If you found that the standard Windows uninstaller did not work round your expected un-install progress, you use this smart uninstaller to forcibly uninstall the Corel Painter 12.)
Note To fully get rid of Corel Painter 12 program, you need to remove this Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 from Windows programs list.
How to completely uninstall Corel Painter 12?
1. Please save your painting file(s) before you start removing Corel Painter 12; see the tips below.
Tip Click on Close button on your Painter file(s), then you click Yes on Corel(R) Painter(TM) 12 info box.
Tip You then click on File menu and launch the Exit – Ctrl+Q item in it. And you’d better keep your painter files on a non-system disk by clicking Save on Save Image As window.
Further, You may need to save your product key before uninstalling Corel Painter 12: click Help and enter About Corel Painter.
2. There are two methods to remove your Corel Painter 12:
- Typically, you click Start, enter the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs – Uninstall a program.
- Highlight and then, you double click on the unwanted Corel Painter 12 program, then you wait. See my attached screenshots for tips if you need additional help. For other users, you can also launch the Uninstall/Change option.
- You need to wait seconds for its uninstaller to initialize the required Installation Wizard.
- In case Corel’s default uninstaller became problematic, and you just could not uninstall Corel Painter 12 via this standard method, you then select the option Repair displayed to automatically restore its installation information including the required install log; please follow the onscreen information exactly and, save and reboot. Then you launch the newly modified Corel Painter program, and select the Remove entry – Moreover, you may keep your preferred settings for it by unchecking the Remove User Files if you plan to reinstall it or use other lower editions of it, “User files, such as workspaces, contain personal settings for Corel Painter 12 applications.”; you then go on to clicking Remove button on painter 12 and wait.
- Click on Finish button on painter 12, “The Installation Wizard has been successfully…”.
Now you can try this Way #2 below…
- Click Start > right click on Corel Painter 12 (a shortcut file) > click Open File Location tab on Corel Painter 12 Properties window
- Enter the Setup folder in Painter12.
- Run the Setup application in it. For Windows starters, read the following details:
- Type of file: Application (.exe)
- Description: Install chaining application
- Size: 937 KB (959,904 bytes)
- Size on disk: 940 KB (962,560 bytes)
- File/Product version: 184.108.40.2066
- Product Name: Corel Setup Engine
- You may see the Windows’ User Account Control displayed, you can click on Show details tab on it and then, you click Yes to allow Windows to run the Corel’s Setup.
- Please review Way #1 above to continue the standard uninstallation.
You need to detect and clear the following leftovers related with the programs:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders, c:\Program Files\Corel\Painter12\Resources\ – 1; c:\Program Files\Corel\Painter12\Resources\ – 1
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Compatibility, CORELCHT – 0x04000000
3. Now you may need to:
- Remove Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- Size: 38.8 MB
- (Product) Version: 4.0.30319
- Then remove Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
- Size: 51.9 MB
Moreover, some of you may have encountered the following Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Maintenance uninstall error while you tried to uninstall Corel Painter 12 completely.
Now, follow the screenshots of MS .NET Framework Extended removal so that you can completely erase Corel Painter 12.
Note Please select the provided Remove option and click Next > button.
Note Click Continue.
Note "Please wait while the .NET Framework is being removed…".
Note Click Finish.
Note Reboot your computer by launching the two options above.
Note To entirely uninstall Corel Painter 12, you need to rid of this Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.
Note Press Continue.
Note Just wait…
Note Hit Finish and reboot your Windows.
For more Corel® product removal tips, please visit the YouTube links below.
- Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X5 Uninstall
- Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Uninstall
- Corel Office 5.0 Uninstall
If You Just Could Not Uninstall Corel Painter 12 because…
1. Related uninstallation error review.
Note: The (Windows 7) Programs and Features warned that “An error occurred while trying to uninstall Corel Painter 12…”. You click No; save and reboot, re-check your programs list. The unwanted painter suite still remaining? Download this uninstaller to force uninstall it from your computer.
Note: The Setup told that “Setup.xml could not be loaded…”.
Please try to restore SetupXML.dll, and more other required files for uninstalling Corel Painter 12.
Related Application Errors Review
Note: The Painter 12.exe warned that “This application has failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found…”.
Note: mfc100u.dll not found.
Note: The Corel Painter Essentials 4 warned that “This copy of Painter has been damaged or illegally modified…”