While you tried to have Corel Painter 12 installed on your Windows 7 Computer, you encountered the Painter 12 – Setup Prerequisites error, “Some components of your operating system must be updated before Corel Painter 12 can be installed. Click Continue to install the following components, or click Cancel to quit the setup.”?
Well, you then go to programs list and, check and manually download and install the required components, e.a., Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, by using your administrative rights, save and reboot your computer. Afterwards, you re-open the installation file to install Corel Painter 12. If you still install or reinstall it, please use this powerful uninstaller to cleanly uninstall Corel Painter 12. And if you want to manually remove it, please read the following details on how to properly uninstall this Corel product and clean its program traces and components totally. Enjoy.
To fully uninstall Corel Painter 12, please review its default setup progress…
- Destination folder: Click Change if you want to specify where the software installs. Click Install Now to begin the installation.
- Folder: c:\Program Files\Corel\Painter 12\ (Note If you found that the standard Windows uninstaller did not work round your expected un-install progress, you use this smart uninstaller to forcibly uninstall Corel Painter 12.)
- Product Updates: Automatically download free product updates and notify me before installing
- (Required space:) "481 MB required of 47.22 GB available on drive: C:\"
Note: When you are going to install Corel Painter 12, the default option "Automatically download free product updates and notify me before installing" can be applied.
Note To fully uninstall the Corel Painter 12 program, you need to remove this Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 from Windows programs list.
How to completely remove or uninstall Corel Painter 12 from your Windows device?
1. Please save your painting file(s) before you start uninstalling Corel Painter 12; see the tips below.
Tip Click on Close button on your Painter file(s), then you click Yes on Corel(R) Painter(TM) 12 info box, "The document ‘Untitled-1′ has been modified. Do you wish to save changes?".
Tip You then click on File menu and launch the Exit – Ctrl+Q item in it. And you’d better keep your painter files on a non-system disk by clicking Save on Save Image As window.
2. There are two methods to uninstall Corel Painter 12 from your machine.
- Typically, you click Start, enter the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs – Uninstall a program.
- Highlight and then, you double click on the unwanted Corel Painter 12 program, then you wait. See my attached screenshots for tips if you need additional help. For other users, you can also launch the Uninstall/Change option.
- Publisher: Corel Corporation
- Size: 480 MB
- (Product) Version: 126.96.36.1997
- In case Corel’s default uninstaller became problematic, and you just could not uninstall Corel Painter 12 via this standard method, you then select the option Repair displayed to automatically restore its installation information including the required install log; please follow the onscreen information exactly and, save and reboot. Then you launch the newly modified Corel Painter program, and select the Remove entry – Moreover, you may keep your preferred settings for it by unchecking the Remove User Files if you plan to reinstall it or use other lower editions of it, “User files, such as workspaces, contain personal settings for Corel Painter 12 applications.”; you then go on to clicking Remove button on painter 12 and wait.
- Click on Finish button on painter 12, “The Installation Wizard has been successfully. Thank you for choosing Corel Painter 12. Click Finish to quit the setup.”.
Note You may need to save your product key before uninstalling Corel Painter 12: click Help and enter About Corel Painter.
Note To automatically uninstall Corel Painter 12, you need to wait seconds for its uninstaller to initialize the required Installation Wizard.
If you could not use the Way #1 above to uninstall Corel Painter 12, please try this Way #2 below…
- Click Start > right click on Corel Painter 12 (a shortcut file) > click Open File Location tab on Corel Painter 12 Properties window
- Enter the Setup folder in Painter12.
- Run the Setup application in it to automatically fix or uninstall Corel Painter 12. For Windows starters, please read the following details before you run it to uninstall Corel Painter 12:
- Type of file: Application (.exe)
- Description: Install chaining application
- Size: 937 KB (959,904 bytes)
- Size on disk: 940 KB (962,560 bytes)
- File/Product version: 188.8.131.526
- Product Name: Corel Setup Engine
- Copyright: Copyright (C) 2010 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Language: English (United States)
- Digital Signatures: shown below
- You may see the Windows User Account Control displayed, you can click on Show details tab on it to get the details and then, you click Yes to allow Windows to run the Corel’s Setup and help you uninstall Corel Painter 12 automatically.
- Please review Way #1 above to remove or uninstall Corel Painter 12 from your system; meanwhile, the video demo below will also guide you automatically uninstall it
To thoroughly remove or uninstall Corel Painter 12, you need to detect and clear the following leftovers related with the programs:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders, c:\Program Files\Corel\Painter12\Resources\ – 1; c:\Program Files\Corel\Painter12\Resources\ – 1
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Compatibility, CORELCHT – 0×04000000
3. To completely uninstall Corel Painter 12, you may need to:
- Remove Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- Size: 38.8 MB
- (Product) Version: 4.0.30319
- Then remove Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
- Size: 51.9 MB
Moreover, some of you may have encountered the following Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Maintenance uninstall error while you tried to uninstall Corel Painter 12 completely.
- Item: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Maintenance
- Info: "Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to complete this operation. The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can proceed."
- Blocking Issues: "You must uninstall the .NET Framework 4 Extended before you uninstall the . NET Framework 4 Client Profile. For more information, see the Readme file."
- Warnings: "Uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework may cause some applications to cease to function."
P.S.: You can save the NETFx4RTM.htm clicking Readme file link, an HTML document, on your computer to learn more tips to remove the potentially unwanted MS .NET application(s), only you can fully uninstall Corel Painter 12 this way!
Now, follow the screenshots of MS .NET Framework Extended removal so that you can completely uninstall Corel Painter 12.
Note Please select the provided Remove option and click Next > button.
Note Click Continue.
Note "Please wait while the .NET Framework is being removed from this computer".
Note Click Finish.
Note Reboot your computer by launching the two options above.
Note To entirely uninstall Corel Painter 12, you need to rid of this Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.
Note Press Continue.
Note Just wait…
Note Hit Finish and reboot your Windows.
For more Corel® product removal tips, please visit the YouTube links below.
- Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite X5 Uninstall
- Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 Uninstall
- Corel Office 5.0 Uninstall
If You Just Could Not Uninstall Corel Painter 12, like…
1. Related uninstallation error review.
Note: The (Windows 7) Programs and Features warned that “An error occurred while trying to uninstall Corel Painter 12. It may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove Corel Painter 12 from the Programs and Features list?”. It’s recommended that you click No; save and reboot, re-check your programs list. The unwanted painter suite still remaining? Download this uninstaller to force uninstall it from your computer.
Note: The Setup told that “Setup.xml could not be loaded. This may indicate that the file is corrupt.”. See more details and solutions below.
Please try to restore SetupXML.dll, and more other required files for uninstalling Corel Painter 12. For more similar Windows error(s) fix, please click here.
- asi32_14.dll, asi32_14, Application Extension, 729 KB (746,896 bytes), v184.108.40.2067; Copyright, Copyright (c) 2011 Corel Corporation; Internal Name, asi32_14; Product Name, Corel Painter Engine
- BrushEngine.dll, BrushEngine Dynamic Link Library, 1.48 MB (1,555,864 bytes); Internal Name, BrushEngine;
- CrlTheme.dll, CrlTheme, 20.3 KB (20,880 bytes),
- DIM.EXE, DIM, 177 KB (182,128 bytes), v10.0.0.19; Built on, Fri 11/19/2010 15:57:21.33; Language Build ID, 0; Legal Trademarks, Copyright(c) 2010 Corel Corporation; Original File name, DIM.exe; Product Name, Corel Common Framework; Revision, 807
- IPM.dll, IPM Interface Library, 1.03 MB (1,083,784 bytes), v220.127.116.117
- MCCore.dll, MCCore Dynamic Link Library, 138 KB (141,712 bytes)
- MCUtils.dll, MCUtils Dynamic Link Library, 76.8 KB (78,736 bytes)
- RiffIO.dll, RiffIO Dynamic Link Library, 83.8 KB (85,904 bytes)
- Renderer.dll, Renderer Dynamic Link Library, 31.8 KB (32,656 bytes)
- PsiClient.dll, nTitles PSIClient, 421 KB (431,392 bytes); Product Version, 03.00.02.15
- PNPCUNLR.DLL, PNPCUNLR, 8.39 KB (8,592 bytes), v10.0.0.1; Built on, Wed 04/27/2011 14:30:36.28; Product Name, Corel Common Framework; Revision, 898:971M
- PainterRIPLib.dll, PainterRIP Dynamic Link Library, 150 KB (154,528 bytes)
- PainterCore.dll, Painter Core Dynamic Link Library8.56 MB (8,977,816 bytes)
- Painter 12.exe, Painter 12 application, 524 KB (536,984 bytes)
- Script.dll, Install chaining application, 289 KB (296,352 bytes), v18.104.22.1686; CompileDate, Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:09 PM
- SerChckV2.DLL, SerChck, 1.71 MB (1,800,592 bytes); Built on, Mon 04/25/2011 11:24:25.04; Original File name, SerChck.dll
- Setup.exe, Install chaining application, 937 KB (959,904 bytes); CompileDate, Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:09 PM
- SetupARP.exe, Install chaining application, v22.214.171.1246
- SetupIntegration2.dll, 261 KB (267,680 bytes)
- SetupSN.dll, MSISerialCheck DLL, 1.54 MB (1,621,384 bytes), v126.96.36.199; Original File name, MSISerialCheck.DLL; Product Name, MSISerialCheck Dynamic Link Library
- SetupXML.dll, 281 KB (288,160 bytes)
- System.Xaml.dll, 682 KB (699,224 bytes), v4.0.30319.1; Comments, Flavor=Retail; Copyright, © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.; Private Build Description, DDBLD766; Product Name, Microsoft® .NET Framework
- UXAssembly.dll, UXAssembly, 255 KB (261,528 bytes), Assembly Version, 188.8.131.527
- UXAssemblyResources.dll, UXAssemblyResources, 30.4 KB (31,144 bytes); Language, Language Neutral
- UXInterface.dll, User Experience Interface Library, 3.10 MB (3,252,120 bytes); Internal Name, UXInterface;
- WZ32.DLL, WinZip DLL, 873 KB (894,344 bytes), v22.0.7172.0; Copyright, Copyright (c) WinZip International LLC 1991-2006 – All Rights Reserved
Related Application Errors Review
Note: The Painter 12.exe warned that “This application has failed to start because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”.
Note: mfc100u.dll not found.
Note: The Corel Painter Essentials 4 warned that “This copy of Painter has been damaged or illegally modified. Please reinstall from your original disks.”
Some More Problems with Corel Painter 12 Program & Tips Review
- Topic 1: I just could not run the Corel Painter 12 installed!
- Tips: 1) Save and quit your Corel Painter 12 program; then restart your computer. You then try to launch Corel Painter 12 again. 2) Save your personal downloads in Corel Painter 12, such as the Brushes, the Workspaces, and so forth. 3) You then completely remove the currently installed version, install required Windows Updates (such as the MS .NET programs I’ve reviewed above.); install a newer edition of Corel Painter.
Note: To download the new Workspace, you may enable the option “Show this at startup” on painter 12 – Set-up; and you then click on Get Workspaces… link on it.
- Topic 2: I could not save the *.tiff file in *.rif file type!
- Tips: 1) You temporarily disable the Anti-Virus software and/or Firewall installed. 2) Again, backup the Brushes/Workspaces you saved. 3) You check and install the newest version of CP running the Check for Updates… command in Help menu. 4) While you re-running the newly installed CP-12, please hold down the Shift key.
- Topic 3: How can I upgrade the previous version of Corel Painter to a newer edition of it, like version 8 to version 12?
- Tips: 1) Review/learn the “System Requirements” information on how to get CP installed on a Microsoft® Windows® Operating System, or on Apple® Macintosh® series (aka, Apple personal computers), which are listed on “Digital Art Software – Corel Painter 12″ page clicking on the Tech Specs tab. 2) Then you may need to check the hardware on your Windows PC, or Mac. 3) After you save all the personal data of Corel Painter, you may uninstall the older version of it, download the latest installation package for Corel Painter, quit the antivirus software and/or Firewall program, run the official installation file as Admin; import the Brushes, Workspaces you downloaded and/or saved.
At last, To fix the associated application error, please first try reinstall or restore your painter then force/cleanly uninstall Corel Painter 12.