November 14. 2012 Updated: How to Uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2013?
The following quick instructions will help you completely uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2013. For more related tips, please skip this newly added section to get the old Avira Free Antivirus (v2012 uninstalled and removed completely.
- Before you starting the following actions to automatically uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2013, you need to ensure that you’ve logged on to your Windows system as administrator, then you save and close all your personal work.
- Click the following Start Menu, then the Settings – for XP users only – and then the Control Panel.
- Click the Uninstall a program or the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
- You first hight the following Avira Free Antivirus item in the Uninstall or change a program list. Read or review some more info about it. And then, you can launch the Uninstall option for it to automatically uninstall Avira Free Antivirus 2013, after you complete this required operation, you then select the Yes from the following Setup of Avira Free Antivirus window.
- Size: 123 MB
- Product version: 188.8.131.5235
Encountered Avira Free Antivirus Installation or Uninstall Errors When You Were Trying to Have Avira Free Antivirus Software Installed or Removed off from Your Workstation? Or the Avira Errorcode 14 Has Stopped Your Attempts to Uninstall Avira Free Antivirus?
You would have to wait for the Avira Updater to complete its auto-update process and then you go to Windows Add or Remove Programs (Uninstall or change a program ) to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus. Learn some more typical errors (shown below) during your installing or uninstalling the program; moreover, you could share the following detailed guide with other people to help them successfully uninstall Avira Free Antivirus and then reinstall it. Enjoy.
How to Remove Avira Free Antivirus from A 32-Bit Windows 7 Computer
Method One: Launch the Uninstall or change a program (or the Add/Remove Programs for Windows XP machine)
- Hit the Start button then move your mouse the Control Panel. Or you enter the Settings first for you XP users.
- Then you click on the Uninstall a program link in CP. Or you then click the Add or Remove Programs project in it.
- For 7/Vista users, you highlight the Avira Free Antivirus item in the list, press the [Enter] key.
- Publisher: Avira
- Size: 104 MB
- Product version: 184.108.40.2069
- Support link: http://www[dot]avira[dot]com/f…
- Help link: http://www[dot]avira[dot]com/…
- Update information: http://www[dot]avira[dot]com/f…
Note If you have the corrupted program installed on your computer, please first follow the “How to Fix Avira Free Antivirus Program” section below to automatically fix or restore its necessary data; then you re-try this uninstallation process.
Method Two: Find and run the below setup.exe to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus software
Quick Tip: You can copy and paste the below path info in Address bar of Windows Explorer if you had Avira Free Antivirus 2012(/2013) installed using the Express install option, [C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe], then you press Enter key or the Go icon on Windows Explorer.
Tip You may then choose the Yes option from the above UAC window.
Tip Select the Remove option from the above Avira Free Antivirus wizard, then you click the Next > button to automatically remove the program. Follow the on-screen wizards on to complete the uninstall of it. Learn more details below.
- Right click on the Avira Control Center on the desktop, choose the Properties at the bottom of the menu.
- Hit the Open File Location or the Find Target… on your XP computer.
- Press the [S] key to fast and run the below setup.exe as the administrator account on your computer. Learn more information about it below.
- Type of file: Application (.exe) / Win32 EXE
- Description: Avira Setup
- Size: 728 KB (746,448 bytes)
- Size on disk: 732 KB (749,568 bytes)
- Digital Signatures: Shown below
- Copyright: © 2000 – 2011 Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG and its Licensors
- Legal trademarks: AntiVir® is a registered trademark of Avira GmbH, Germany.
- SHA256: ae8ee18ad5d138546e3378a4ce8f0f78d70b82d69a38944aad4df22abc51742f
- SHA1: 51334500c94a58575f21d6bcc7bee0f828dcf454
- MD5: abd4a097232e0cd77c6b1d738f554072
Additonal Tasks: You need to complete the below items to fully uninstall Avira Free Antivirus program.
- Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable – 10.0.40219 from the Programs and Features or the Currently Installed Programs.
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Version: 10.0.40219
- Help link: http://go[dot]microsoft[dot]com/fwlink/?LinkId=146008
Tip You then need to click the Yes on the Programs and Features or the Add or Remove Programs to remove that MS C++ 2010 item.
Tip Wait seconds for the Windows Installer to prepare the uninstallation of the MS C++ 2010.
Tip Click the Yes on the above UAC by the vc_red.msi program.
Note The automatic uninstall of the MS C++ 2010 will be completed soon.
Related Errors Review
1. Avira Free Antivirus Setup error, “Errorcode 14″:
Solution: The above Avira errorcode 14 was telling you that “Another instance of this setup is already running. Please wait for the other instance to finish and then try again(.) [Errorcode 14]“. When you meet the above error, save and reboot your computer, then try the Remove option for Avira Free Antivirus program again to automatically uninstall it.
2. Typical Avira Free Antivirus Install Error #1: Installation of the LSP Failed
Solution: To fix Avira Free Antivirus LSP installation error during your installing of Avira Webguard component we reviewed above, please first log on your system as Administrator, visit Run link command on your Windows Start menu, please write down and then enter netsh winsock reset Windows command prompt here; again, you save your data and then, please reboot your machine. After your restarting Windows, please visit Avira Free Antivirus you installed, try to run Change section on Avira setup window to modify your Avira application. See the below pictures for more info.
Additional tips: For Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Operating System users, you visit Control Panel, then Add or Remove Programs; please then click Change button as system Administrator and then, follow the rest of windows to restore the Avira Free Antivirus software; save your files, reboot your PC.
3. Typical Avira Free Antivirus (Version 12) Install Error #2: Error code 5
Info The Avira Error code 5 will tell you that, “The file could not be copied. … C:\DOCUME~1\(User Name)\LOCALS~1\Temp\RarSFX0\ApnIC.dll (or avscan.exe)”
Solution To repair Avira Error code 5, you may enter AntiVir WebGuard settings box to produce an exception or more entries for those webpages you often visit. Then, you try to download and run Avira RegistryCleaner or here as system Administrator to completely clean/uninstall the created old data on your Windows. You can read more about the AntiVir WebGuard topic in my References section.
4. Typical Avira Free Antivirus (avscan.exe) Exception Error: 0xc000049 message
Solution You may need to completely uninstall the currently installed Intel Turbo Memory you may installed on your PC; then try to upgrade Intel Matrix Storage Manager you had.
5. Avira Free Antivirus (V6) Uninstall Error: AVUNINST.dll Error
Solution You would be told about the above error that “Unsetup was not able to delete all components. Please close all programs.” by UNSETUP for Avira® application. To fix Avira uninstallation AVUNINST.dll error, you first try to move your very personal data onto a Non-system disk, then you perform a force uninstall of it.
Extra Tips: How to Restore Microsoft® Windows®
Related Antivirus Software Uninstall Tutorials
Uninstall AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012
Uninstall Avast Free Antivirus 6
Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
uninstall Ad-Aware Free Internet Security
Uninstall Hotspot Shield
uninstall Norton AntiVirus 2012/2013
How to Reinstall and Restore Windows PC
What should I do if the Avira toolbar of Avira Free Antivirus displays “Avira is not available”?
Setup Error Code: 5 File cannot be copied. C:\Users…\avscan.exe
Download Avira RegistryCleaner to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus
How to Modify or Change AntiVir WebGuard Settings
Download Microsoft® Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) here to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus installation Error code 5