You Had Avira Antivirus Security Software Installed, but You Just Cannot Thoroughly Uninstall Avira, Like Avira Free Antivirus, Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 (I’ll Show You How Can I Manually & Completely Uninstall AAP 2012 Right Below), or Avira Internet Security 2012 and more from Your via Using the Built-in Uninstall Tool in Windows 7/Vista/XP?
Then you can try to download, then re-install the same version of Avira program that you were attempting to remove it, which would repair or restore some missing files that need to be used in its automatic uninstall procedure. Here, you could follow the related tips below to fix Avira uninstall error; moreover, you can watch our Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 uninstall video below to properly uninstall it. Enjoy here:
Now, How Would You Uninstall AAP 2012 Through Built-in Uninstaller in Windows?
1. Locate AAP 2012 item (152.00MB) in Windows Add or Remove Programs list shown below.
2. To automatically uninstall AP 2012, you just click Remove button to open up Setup of AAP 2012 application.
3. Then click Yes button on that Setup window , asking you "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all its components?"
4. Please just wait seconds while the Setup of AAP 2012 loads completely:
5. Then you save and close your other files and/or Windows applications, click Yes button on System restart – Avira Antivirus Premium 2012, informing you "Setup has successfully removed Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 from your system. To remove all files and directories, you should restart your computer. Do you want ro restart the system now?":
AAP 2012 File Remains Review
- Avira, a file folder, left in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data, 76.6 KB (78,440 bytes), contains 1 Files (firstlsp.reg, DAT File, Unknown application)
- AVIRA_ANTIVIRUS_PREMIUM_EN.EX-12A8413C.pf, PF File, C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, 63.4 KB (64,972 bytes)
Clean Avira Values Remained in Windows Registry Editor
- avconfig.cpl – C:\PROGRA~1\Avira\ANTIVI~1\avconfig.cpl, located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\MMCPL
- 000 – Avira, located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru\5603
- Avira (a sub-brand, file folder type) and Order – 41 00 76 00 69 00 72 00 A.v.i.r.and more, located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Avira
How Can You Reset/Restore/Repair Corrupted AAP 2012?
1. Log on as system Administrator, then please visit Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (For Windows XP users) or Uninstall or change a program (for Windows Vista/7 Operating System).
2. Then you highlight AAP 2012 item (152.00MB) listed in Windows Currently installed programs.
3. Then you click the Windows Support Info on your Avira product.
- Title: Support Info – AAP 2012
- Publisher: Avira (linking to http://www.avira.com/; read more related info below)
- Version: 188.8.131.528
- Support Information: http://www.avira.com/premium-support (linking to http://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home)
- Product Updates: http://www.avira.com/updateinfo (linking to http://www.avira.com/en/index)
- Comments: If you contact us on technical issues please keep your serial number ready.
4. Then you click Change button on Avira item:
5. And then, tick Modify option on AAP 2012 window, informing you:
- Title: AAP 2012
- Detailed Tips: Welcome – Welcome to the AAP 2012 Setup Maintenance program. This program lets you modify the current installation. Click one of the options below.
- Option #1: Modify – Select new program components to add or select currently installed components to remove.
- Option #2: Remove – Remove all installed components
- Button #1: Next >
- Button #2: Cancel
Tip: You could then try to restore your Avira software, choosing the Modify option and then click Next >.
6. Then you are advised to tick ALL the Avira components to repair your Avira, then click Next > button:
- Title: Install Components
- Guide: To add or remove a component, click the checkbox. A shaded box means that these components will always be installed.
- AAP 2012 (Allows manual scanning of files and folders for viruses and malware.)
- Realtime Protection (Allows permanent monitoring of all files accesses in real time.)
- ProAvtiv (Module for identifying attacks by unknown malware.)
- Mail Protection (Allows permanent scanning of all incoming and outgoing emails (POP3, IMAP, SMTP) including attachments.)
- Rootkits Protection (Allows the detection of viruses and malware hidden in the system.)
- Web Protection (Offers permanent protection against virues and malware for web browsers with the Avira search engine.)
- Shell Extension (Allows the monitoring of files and folders for virues and malware directly in Windows Explorer.)
- Space Required on C: 0 kByte (component independent)
- Space Available on C: 39132308 kByte
- Entry #1: < Back
- Entry #2: Next >
- Entry #3:Cancel
7. Then you may tick or untick the Improve your computer security with ProActiv option, telling you:
- Title: ProActiv Community
- What is it?
- By allowing Avira to send suspicious program files to Avira, we can continuously improve security for ALL ProActiv Users, and help keep your personal data safe.
- What about my personal files?
- Avira will never send personal files such as your photos, PDF’s, or Word documents to Avira.
- Click here to learn more (linking to http://www.avira.com/en/proactiv)
8. Go on click Next > button; then please wait while "Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 setup is performing the requested operations."
9. Then click Next > button on Welcome to the Configuration Wizard window, detailing you:
- Title: Configuration wizard – Welcome to the Configuration Wizard
- Info: The Configuration Wizard will help you with the basic configuration of the product.
- Installation of AAP 2012 is complete. Please specify the basic settings required for the reliable functioning of the product. The wizard will help you to do this.
- Please note that automatic updates are already preconfigured. However, if required, you can change the settings in the configuration.
10. Depending on the system performance, you can tick High detection level option or the Medium detection level and/or the Low detection level on Configure AHeAD window:
- Title: Configuration wizard – Configure AHeAD
- Guide: Activate and configure AHeAD heuristics.
- Detailed info: With AHeAD heuristics (Advanced heuristic Analysis and Detection), Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 also detects new, previously unknown virues and malware.
- Activate AHeAD heuristics (Set the dectecion level for AHeAD heuristics to work with. The detection level determines how accurately new viruses and malware are detected.)
- Low detection level (Good recognition rate with a very low level of false disagnoses.)
- Medium detection level (Better detection rate with low level of false diagnoses. Recommended setting.)
- High detection level (Best detection rate with higher level of false diagnoses)
11. Then you can click Defualt values button on Configuration wizard – Select extended threat categories window:
- Title: Configuration wizard – Select extended threat categories
- Guide: Please select the threat categories the program should scan for
- AAP 2012 not only detects viruses and malware, it can also protect you from other threats. Please select one or more of the threat categories below:
- Option: Select all
12. For regular Windows users, click Normal start option on Configuration wizard – Realtime Protection start mode window:
- Title: Configuration wizard – Realtime Protection start mode
- Guide: Please select the required Realtime Protection start mode.
- Normal start (Recommended default setting where Realtime Protection starts in normal automatic mode.)
- Secure start (Realtime Protection starts as early as possible. This early start offers more security but extends the time until the computer is available.)
13. Ticking the Performs short system scan after the installation option, you click Next > button on Configuration wizard – System scan window:
- Title: Configuration wizard -System scan
- Guide #1: Please choose whether you wish to perform a system scan.
- Guide #2: We recommend that you now run a short system scan for virues and malware. The scanner will scan started programs and some system files. The scan only lasts a few seconds.
- Performs short system scan after the installaion
14. Then you click Finish button on Configuration wizard – Close configuration window.
- Title: Configuration wizard – Close configuration
- Info #1: Basic product configuration has now been established.
- Info #2: Thank you! You have now specified the basic configuration of Avira Antivirus Premium 2012. For all other settings, recommended values are applied. Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 is now available.
15. Then you save all your stuff and then reboot your Windows, run the newly fixed AAP 2012 program. If you just still could not open or run it properly, please review or follow my video guide and run the perfect Windows uninstall tool to remove the problematic one from your Windows system forcibly and effectively; you then re-install it or change it for another antivirus brand.
How Can You Get Some More Details on Your Avira for More Tech Support?
1. Logging on your system as Administrator again, right click on Avira tray in Taskbar, then enter Start AAP 2012:
2. Then click Help menu on top of it, and click About AAP 2012 item on that menu:
- Title: About AAP 2012
- Copyright: © 2000-2011 Avira Operations GmbH &Co. KG, and its Licensors All rights reserved.
- Product Information
- Customer portal: http://www.avira.com/contact
- Internet: http://www.avira.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support Information:
- Internet: http://www.avira.com/premium-support
- Version information
- Product version: 184.108.40.2068
- Search engine: 8.02.08.28
- Virus definition file: 220.127.116.11
- Control Center: 12.01.00.18
- Config Center: 12.01.00.18
- Luke Firewalker: 12.01.00.18
- Realtime Protection: 12.01.00.18
- Filter: 12.00.21.04
- Mail Protection: 12.01.01.20
- Web Protection: 12.01.06.17
- Scheduler: 12.01.00.18
- Updater: 12.01.13.17
- ProActiv: 12.01.00.19
- Rootkits Protection: 12.00.20.22
- License information – License data
- Licensed for: (Your full name)
- Serial number:
- License valid until:
- Note: Your evaluation license will expire in 31 days. Updates are then no longer possible. A full version that can be updated can now be obtained from the Avira shop: Buy