You could not use Google, Bing, and/or Yahoo search engine after the Action Alert had been installed in your Windows computer? Or you received a message “Password Incorrect” while you tried to uninstall Action Alert from your machine?
Well, to resolve the above issues you met, you first need to acquire or reset the password you set up when you installed the free parental control program: 1) enter Action Alert’s installation entry on the All Programs or Programs list; 2) open it up, click on the Action Alert Help in it; 3) scroll down the Action Alert User Manual webpage, click on the Lost Password in Miscellaneous on left pane. 4) visit the below link, [http://www[dot]myactionalert[dot]com/lostpassword.aspx]; fill out the Email Address item on Internet Parenting Solution page. 5) then you can follow the below tips to modify the settings related with the search engines: click the Action Alert program running in Taskbar >> scroll up and choose the Options >> fill out the Password Required window >> click on the Adjust Settings entry on the Options window >> deselect the Block Major Search Engines option, then click on the gray blue Continue button on right bottom >> Click OK on the Action Alert Options info box >> you then may need to clear the created cache and/or then reboot your computer to check out the modification you made to the Action Alert program. Learn more details below to help you uninstall Action Alert successfully. And after that, you may change it to McAfee SiteAdvisor or AVG Secure Search toolbar (a.k.a, AVG Security Toolbar) to block and filter those dangerous websites.
Review: The Setup Wizard of the Action Alert Program
- Project: Create an Action Alert Password
- Info: A password is necessary to protect Action Alert data and settings. Please choose a secure password and do not share it with protected users.
- Password: xxx
- Confirm Password: xxx
- E-mail Address: (“This e-mail address will let you reset your password if it’s lost and remotely manage Action Alert settings from MyActionAlert[dot]com”)
- Action Code: (“You can find the code in the purchase confirmation e-mail”)
And when you complete the following Setup Wizard, click Continue, you would be informed by the Action Alert Setup Wizard, telling “To complete setup, please close any open browser windows and click OK”.
Oh, and one more thing, may be two… Uhh, please check your web browsers installed on your Windows like Windows Internet Explorer 9/8/6 and/or Mozilla Firefox/Aurora, and another brands: I mean you may need to restore the Home Page (page) for them after you automatically uninstall Action Alert program.
Option 1: Employ the default uninstaller to uninstall Action Alert
- Logged on to your Windows as administrator.
- Click on the Start button >> the All Programs or Programs >> the Action Alert folder on the menu >> run the Uninstall Action Alert.
- When you read the below content from the yellow UAC window, you choose the Yes option from it to continue to uninstall Action Alert.
- Program name: uninstal.exe
- Publisher: Unknown
- File origin: Hard drive on this computer
- Program location: “C:\Program Files\AA\uninstal.exe”
Note In event that you just forgot the correct password for the uninstall procedure, you launch the “Lost Password?” option, then you will get the below instruction from Action Alert Uninstall to reset the password first, informing you “Please visit www[dot]MyActionAlert[dot]com/LostPassword, for information on password recovery.”.
Option 2: You can also use Windows Control Panel to uninstall Action Alert
- Hit the Start >> the Settings or direct the Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs / Programs and Features.
- Locate the Action Alert in the Uninstall or change a program or Currently Installed Programs list; launch the Uninstall/Change option for it to automatically uninstall Action Alert from your system.
- You then need to enter the correct, required password to properly uninstall Action Alert program. Then you click OK on the Password Required window.
Also: For advanced computer users ONLY, you can use the following tips to uninstall Action Alert
Tip You could directly remove the installation directory in Program Files or other drive on your Windows – you may try the above method in Windows Safe Mode; moreover, you might manually find and delete those registry keys associated with the AA program. Now, follow the below screen shots for more information.
- Load your Windows in its Safe Mode; as the administrator, you then run Windows Task Manager (you press the [Ctrl] key + [Alt] key + [Del/Delete] key); click on the Processes tab on it; if you find the below two images running in it, pgkey.exe and pgtray.exe; then you try to terminate then. To get more details about them, you right click on them, run the Open File Location option for them. For more information, you can upload them to VirusTotal.
For the pgkey.exe:
- SHA256: 240e69039ad0d3bb786ec9cedfb8f03f6e939bc284a35a43e6cdf2ea0c5f62d1
- SHA1: 3c81c4a1d180447caf9d1e2467a39877b5b62fad
- MD5: 6b28b36569b8f4d1730f42fa0c9ad615
- Detection ratio: 0 / 42
- Analysis date: 2012-08-25 02:46:23 UTC ( 0 minutes ago )
- SHA256: 44c43ba04250e0f67d4ac3bc306b98cd0f2cdaead5a8bdd368049c7a79fc9e3b
- SHA1: 69f35a41462727daa9e1fc6d4438ea8fa4584272
- MD5: 2899f7a532e45b0176bce3571dc1f07a
Tip You can first locate the pgtray.exe; then you click the End Process tab; answer the End process option for the Task Manager. Similarly, then you terminate the pgkey.exe to smoothly uninstall Action Alert.
Additional Task: Restore your Web Browser program(s) to entirely uninstall Action Alert
Note You need to restore the changed Home page (http://safesearch[dot]myactionalert[dot]com/Custom?Key=CPT7HT8SWY2QWYHBSRUDAS2Q5&User=Test) for your web browser(s). And for IE, bro there, you need to remove the "Action Alert Safe Search" to completely uninstall Action Alert.
- For Mozilla’s product:
- Click the title of it like the Aurora here.
- Scroll down the menu, enter the Options, and then select the second on in the sub-folder.
- Select the Restore to Default option for the Home Page item.
- Click OK; re-open your Mozilla’s browser to check the modification made to it.
- For Windows Internet Explorer:
- Run Windows’ IE on your computer.
- For IE 9 users, you click on the Gears icon; for other versions of IE, you click on the Tools menu. Then you choose the Internet options.
- Select the Use blank option for the Home page section.
- Click the Settings in Search; you first click the Bing in Search Providers, select the Set as default option for it. Then you locate Action Alert Safe Search, launch the Remove option for it. Click Close on IE’s Manage Add-ons; re-run it to check the changes out.
Related Tips on How to Use the Keyware Inc’s Product
- For your first time to run the program, your default browser will go to the below Internet Parenting Solution webpage, informing “This computer is now protected by Action Alert. This Safe Search home page is the gateway that ensures your computer is kid safe. Try a search in the box to the left.”. See my test below, it worked.
- To view or change any default settings of AA, you launch it – you’ll find it running in Taskbar. Scroll up then, choose the Options on the menu >> enter the password you set up >> click the Ajust Settings >> then you re-enable those top search engine providers by canceling the Block Major Search Engines option for the Options >> “click Continue to save” >> click the OK from the next Options, informing “You may need to restart your web browser before changes to website blocking and searching will take effect.”.
- To modify the protected users on your computer, you enter the Select Protected Users, then uncheck any item you wanna remove from the existing list; or you can also add some more accounts on your device via clicking and the Add User option.
- For more tips, you can follow or review the below Support/FAQ page, http://www[dot].myactionalert[dot]com/ShowTutorial
If the above tip just does not work, you click the Action Alert Manager on the top of Options, then you select the Web Site Blocking item on left pane; in the Select your blocking strategy, you look into the Web Site list on left of it, check and then you remove any accidentally blocked site(s) via clicking on the Recycle Bin icon behind it.
If you just do not use Action Alert, you now view the video file below and install Windows uninstaller to permanently uninstall Action Alert on your computer.
Recommended Software Uninstall Guides
How to Uninstall Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012
How to Uninstall 4Sync
How to Uninstall Babylon 9
How to Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2012/2013
How to Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2012/2013
How to Uninstall Windows Internet Explorer 8/9/10
Related Resources You Can’t Miss
How to Clear Your Browser’s Cache (with screenshots) – wikiHow
McAfee SiteAdvisor Software – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search
AVG | Secure Search | Protect yourself from infected sites
How to use and troubleshoot issues with Windows Task Manager – ©2012 Microsoft
How to Clean the Windows Registry by Hand – wikiHow, the how to manual that you can edit
How to reset Internet Explorer settings – ©2012 Microsoft