Had you just lost all the recently downloaded torrent type file when your computer was rebooted, or got crashed? Or your currently installed version of µTorrent became frozen very frequently?! The BitTorrent client software sent you an error message, saying “The system cannot find the path specified.”, or “The µTorrent updater failed. The error is: Access is denied.”? More?
For the lost torrent data, you may re-run the client program on your computer, then click on the option Add Torrent (a green file icon on its main UI); then you check any files saved in the file folder like the “Libraries\Documents”. For the crash issue, you may need to ensure you’re running an updated version of the downloader via visiting the Help >> launching the Check for Updates option in the menu; or you follow the below detailed instructions to thoroughly uninstall µTorrent (aka, uTorrent); and then reinstall the newest, stable version of it later on. The complete uninstall options below will also help you troubleshoot related application error even some system RAM error I reviewed below.
How Can I Thoroughly Uninstall µTorrent Client Software from My Windows 7?
Okay, guys there, let’s review the things that need to bear in mind, which will help you completely uninstall µTorrent via the express installation option.
Tip The above Warning window will help you safeguard your PC from the fake client application: “Beware of online scams! A number of websites have taken our free uTorrent client and attempt to charge money from it through some sort of ‘fee’ or ‘subscription’ or else they install it for free but infect your computer with malicious code in the process. To protect yourself, be sure to only download our software from http://www[dot]utorrent[dot]com. You should NEVER under any circumstances pay for free uTorrent software.”.
Tip The above screenshot tell you that it has added itself to Windows Startup. Moreover, the exceptional option for the P2P application will help you prevent some download issue related with it. See? You can partially uninstall µTorrent by disabling it from Windows Startup list.
- Additional Settings
- Add an exception for µTorrent in Windows Firewall
- Start µTorrent when Windows starts up
Tip Read the brief info on the DJ Shadow, “Get the Hidden Transmissions Bundke, Give back to artists, with each free download. Check ‘yes’ to download.”. The installation option said, “Yes, I’d love to check out this free download.”. You of course can disable it to uninstall µTorrent ASAP just I did below!
NOTE The screen shot above explains the recommended installation of the µTorrent Browser Bar and the µTorrent Web Search. You might deny the suggestion of the installation options for them; or you have to remove both of them to completely uninstall µTorrent.
- Title: µTorrent Setup
- µTorrent Browser Bar Optional Installation: Installing this browser bar helps support µTorrent
- The µTorrent Browser Bar enriches your browser experience
- Search the Web anytime
- Launch your µTorrent client from your browser
- Choose from thousands of free apps to customize your experience
- Set my homepage to µTorrent Web Search
- Make µTorrent Web Search my default search provider
NOTE Then the uTorrentControl_v2 Community Toolbar 126.96.36.199 would be installed in Mozilla Aurora/Firefox.
NOTE Similarly, the Facebook social media would be added to Windows Internet Explorer – you could diselect the install option for it when you see the Finish information window, telling “The uTorrentControl_v2 Community Toolbar was installed successfully. Want to add this personalized button to your toolbar? Facebook”. What’s more, you choose the option “Keep using Bing (www[dot]bing[dot]com)” for the Internet Explorer – Search Provider Default, informing you the followings:
- The following program suggested a new default search provider: Conduit Toolbar (by) Conduit Ltd
- Option 1: Change to uTorrentControl_v2 Customiz… (Search[dot]conduit[dot]com). This is the new setting suggested by Conduit Toolbar
- Option 2: Keep using Bing … (You can apply this to quickly uninstall µTorrent!)
Now, are you ready to uninstall µTorrent? Again, you are advised to check the following things; 1) now, you’re an administrator on your machine; 2) save or move any downloaded or half-downloaded torrent file saved in the client’s file folder.
- To keep your torrent data, you do this: stop any downloading item in the application; click on the green “file +” icon on the main platform. Cut or move the saved file in the directory like the Documents to another non-system drives on your computer. Then you close the client to safely uninstall µTorrent; run Windows Task Manager to ensure that there is NOT any other related items running in background.
- Click on the Window Start Orb button or the Start, scroll up and visit the Settings or direct the Control Panel.
- Then you vist the Uninstall a program or Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and launch the µTorrent on the “Uninstall or change a program”, or the said “Currently Installed Programs” list. See more details about the installed client on your computer.
Tip Press [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] to open up Task Manager. If then you would find the utorrent.exe running in Processes, launch the End Process option for it; or… you can also locate it and then press the [Delete] key to stop it to smoothly uninstall µTorrent.
- Publisher: No
- Size: No
- Product version: 3.1.3
- Help link: http://www[dot]utorrent[dot]com
- Publisher: uTorrentControl_v2
- Product version: 188.8.131.52
- Help link: http://uTorrentControlv2[dot]OurToolbar….
Tip To learn more details on the installed Conduit’s toolbar, you click on the More option for it; confirm your operation and then you launch the Remove option for it to completely uninstall µTorrent. Then, you click Restart now to check your modification made to Firefox or Aurora. I superb love the clean cool Aurora! Make it light and quick, guys there! Encountered other issues while you tried to uninstall µTorrent completely, download and run this uninstall tool as system adminitrator.
Tips: How to run µTorrent client properly?
You will first learn or review some typical application error related with P2P software. See them below.
Note Error, “Access is denied”.
Note Error, “Windows ran out of memory. Unable to alocate 1073741824 bytes. Please close some applications and press OK.”
Note The above window told you that “Error ‘Could not establish secure connection. Error – 2146893007′ while downloading URL.”.
- When you’re running an old version of client on your computer for the first time, you would probably meet the below update information by the FREE torrent program, informing “A new stable version of µTorrent 3.1.3 (build 27498) is available. Would you like to download and install it? New in this version: ‘Fixes bug affecting µTorrent settings’. Please be sure to verify or recreate your firewall rules after upgrading to ensure that µTorrent isn’t being blocked. This will also download the latest translations.”. Moreover, you select the option “Always check for updates to this version” at the bottom. Then you click on the Yes on it.
- Missed the above information?! You then click Help >> launch the Check for Updates option in it to automatically upgrade the currently installed one.
- Furthermore, you enter the Options >> open up the Preferences >> enable the below option “Check for updates automatically” and/or the “Update to beta versions” for the Privacy section >> click Apply and OK then.
- If you wanna reset the client and get more technical support, you first run the Setup Guide in Options; or you press [Ctrl] key + G key; then you launch the Run tests option. Wait for the final Results to appear like this issue “Port is not open (you are still able to download). More info is in the FAQ and at the portforward[dot]com”.
Just in case that you wanna get rid of those annoying update/application error associated with the above torrent software, try the following uninstall option to forcibly uninstall µTorrent, then you change it for its newer / more other stable version / for another brand on the web like BitTorrent.