How to remove RegClean Pro (a detected virus by DrWeb)?
Systweak’s RegClean Pro has been reported as UNSAFE since end of the year 2011, i.e., for some malware characteristics, DrWeb (Anti-Virus engine, v20130708) also has classified RegClean Pro as Adware.Downware.1236, F-Secure Deepguard also identifies this RegClean as Suspicious:W32/Malware!Online.
As stated badware RegClean Pro is a problem, we strongly recommend sharing or bookmarking this WindowsUninstaller.Org knowledge base (KB) article that aims to help you thoroughly uninstall RegClean Pro.
Read on the following in-depth analysis in our professional review for RegClean Pro
NOTE You’ll might not be able to simple get rid of RegClean Pro via Windows’ Programs manager (XP’s "Add/Remove Program"s; Win8, Win7 and Vista’s "Programs and Features".). Now, let’s take a look at the causes.
- "… This will install RegClean Pro on your computer. …"
- (You need to get rid of this) Amazon Browser Bar (so that you can cleanly remove RegClean Pro)
- "Set Amazon Web Search as my default homepage"
- "Set Amazon Web Search as my default search provider"
- "Amazon Web Search settings only apply when the Amazon Browser Bar is installed. …"
- "We recommend ‘MyPCBackup‘ …"
- "We recommend ‘Advanced System Protector‘ to improve system security."
Options & Description
How can I manually and completely remove RegClean Pro on Win8?
Employing the administrator account, do the following and I can ensure you can smoothly uninstall or remove RegClean Pro from your OS:
- Close RegClean Pro.
- Select the "Quit" option from the "Before closing RegClean Pro…" window, telling "Systweak RegClean Pro is the leading and award winning registry repair tool that deep cleans, repairs and optimizes your system registry.".
- Run Windows’ Task Manager, terminate Amazon’s ToolbarUpdaterService manually.
NOTE What you were seeing during the installation procedure I’ve just detailed above that’ll give you tips about how to entirely remove RegClean Pro suite with Windows Uninstall option.
- Double click on Control Panel on the desktop.
- Click the "Uninstall a program" beneath Programs.
- In the following "Uninstall or change a program" list, locate the RegClean Pro; then launch Windows’ Uninstall option to automatically remove RegClean Pro from your device.
- Publisher: Systweak Inc
- Size: 14.4 MB
- Product version: 6.21
- Support link: http://www.systweak[dot]com/RegCleanPro/
- Help link: http://www.systweak….
- Publisher: Amazon.com, Inc.
- Size: 3.39 MB
- Product version: 3.0
- Support link: http://www.amazon[dot]com/
- Help link: http://www.amazon.c…
A complete uninstall of RegClean Pro involves suggesting to remove the Advanced System Protector and its requirement Microsoft’s .NET Framework application suite, and to delete all of physical traces left behind. Meanwhile, we WindowsUninstaller.Org stuff do recommend that you-all back up your Windows system prior to making any changes to your machine; and to securely and effectively remove RegClean Pro virus, we suggest that all beginners use an uninstaller Pro featuring PUP removal if you are NOT confident enough to maintain the registry hives.
Trouble Uninstalling the Advanced System Optimizer from Windows 7?
- Find and right click on the ASO’s icon on the menu, launch Exit.
- Now, the following segment provides 3 options for getting rid of Advanced System Optimizer
- Option #1: Press Windows key -> choose "All Programs" -> click the following "Advanced System Optimizer" folder -> run the "Uninstall Advanced System Optimizer" application.
- Option #2: Check Windows’ Programs list -> find the "Advanced System Optimizer" (Size, 202 MB; product version, 3.5.1000.15127) -> make use of the provided "Uninstall" option in the list.
- Option #3: Go to the "Advanced System Optimizer 3" folder below -> Run the "unins000" (a.k.a., the Setup/Uninstall app) as admin.
(Note Both this solution and the #3 will require the admin rights to proceed with UAC confirmation dialog box.)
Additional Information from the Web: Remove RegClean Pro
Antivirus scan for ce63a3369df979b02358e504297fe55e at 2013-07-08 12:54:14 UTC – VirusTotal
Antivirus scan for ce63a3369df979b02358e504297fe55e at 2013-07-08 08:20:16 UTC – VirusTotal
Solved: Trouble Uninstalling Spyware RegClean Pro – Tech Support Guy
Is "RegClean Pro by Systweak" as they state a "Microsoft – Microsoft Community
how to get rid of/remove regclean pro systweak pop up? – Microsoft Community
How to remove RegClean Pro | eHow