Are you having trouble uninstalling The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? Looking for solution to remove Skyrim from your machine?
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was just released for a couple of months but has achieved massive success. Skyrim has been sold out over 6 million copies so far at retail (not digital sales included), incredible isn’t it? This action role-playing open world video game produced by Bethesda Game Studios quickly gain popularity all around the world within such a short time because it offers player great ARPG gaming experience, but since The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a new released game, there are still a lot of problem in it, many players encounter errors that stop them from playing the game due to reasons such as incorrect patch installation, in these cases, you may need to uninstall the game and reinstall it to get it right. To uninstall Skyrim correctly and completely, simply follow the below instruction.
Uninstall The Game automatically with Max Uninstaller
Whenever you find troubles with removing game/software/application, Max Uninstaller can always help you out. Instead of applying the manual removal method, we would like to recommend you this tool to help you fully uninstall the game without hassle to save your time and energy. Max Uninstaller is able to remove every single piece of the game including its leftover registry files/folders that the normal procedure won’t remove. You may download this tool here and get started.
Step1: Double click the setup file of Max Uninstaller you downloaded to install it in your computer.
Step2: After finish the installation, launch Max Uninstaller to find the game in the right hand program list, select it and then click “Run Analysis” button.
Step3: Max Uninstaller will scan out all files and associated registry entries of the game in a few seconds, click the “Complete Uninstall” button to start the removal, if you receive prompt message, click Yes to confirm.
Step4: Click Scan Leftovers button after the standard removal process for the game finishes.
Step5: Max Uninstaller will then scan over your computer to see what’s left behind in the system. Once it finished, Click Delete Leftovers button to completely uninstall the game and all of its remains.
Step6: Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the Skyrim uninstallation.
As simple as you see, the game has completely uninstalled from your computer, and you are good to go to reinstall the game now.
Why use Max Uninstaller
Max Uninstaller was developed by professional software engineer who has been working in the field for more than 6 years, Max Uninstaller has been proved to be the most effective uninstaller tool to remove any stubborn, complicated applications (including game/software/program), if you see errors during the uninstall of a game, or can’t figure out a way to remove certain programs, leave it to Max Uninstaller and your problems will be solved within a few clicks.
How to remove The Game manually
The first part is go to Windows control Penal to uninstall the main components of this game.
- Before you start, close the game and check if there are any process running in the background
- Click Start button and click the control penal.
- Click Add/Remove program in the control penal window.
- If the game was installed properly, you should find it listed in the Add/Remove program list, select it and then click remove button behind the game name.
- Click Yes in the confirmation message to start the uninstallation (if you receive the prompt)
- Follow the uninstall wizard of the game to proceed.
- Restart your computer for once.
Note: If you are running Windows 7/Vista, click on the Uninstall a program link in the Control Penal instead of Add/Remove program to access to the program list
The game’s installation usually comes with Steam, an Online Game Platform that allows you to play Skyrim with other players on the internet. There are always a bit files of Skyrim left in the Steam folder even you uninstall the game, in order to ensure a complete uninstall of Skyrim, it is suggested to remove these files in Steam Platform folder as well.
- Open my computer
- Locate the folder of..\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim
- Right click to delete it.
- Back to the folder of..\Steam\steamapps
- Find out and delete the below files:
- right click on the recycle bin in the desktop and select empty the recycle bin.
The last part to remove the game is to delete associate registry files.
- Click Start – click Run
- Type regedit in the run command box and hit OK to open Windows Registry Editor.
- Expend the registry key tree branches by using the “+” sign.
- Go to both of the below directories, locate any registry keys named Skyrim or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, right click to delete them.
Note: Deleting registry entries/keys or modifying the registry could be risky, if you don’t know how to operate the registry editor or feel uncomfortable doing it, go download a registry cleaner lick CC cleaner to remove all the wasted/obsolete entries of Skyrim for you, or use our recommended tool Max Uninstaller to help you out with the uninstallation.
Extra tips: error “Game failed to start (error code 51)” troubleshooting
If you experience the “Game failed to start (error code 51)” problem during the launch of the game thorough Steam, you can refer to this troubleshooting guide.
Cause1: the error code 51 problem could be caused by the interference of the application that running in the background. Applications mainly including Anti-Spyware Applications, Firewall/Security Applications and more.
Solution: You may check on the Programs list Which May Interfere with Steam here, then open Windows Task Manager to turn off/end the corresponding application.
Cause2: If your computer have Airfoil application installed, the error code 51 problem could happen when launching a game through Steam. Airfoil is a application to re-route audio from computer applications to wireless devices, and one of its feature – Instant Hijack could block the function of Steam.
Solution: perform the below steps to disable the Instant Hijack feature
- Go to Start – All Programs – Airfoil
- Click to open Airfoil, open the Airfoil menu and select Preferences
- Click on the Extras tab, click to Disable Instant Hijack.
- Close Airfoil application and restart your computer.
- Launch the game thorough Steam to see if the problem persists.