June 28, 2013 Updated: How do I completely uninstall AVG Internet Security 2014 from Win8?
This how-to article which you friends are viewing now has been re-updated again with the detailed instructions on how to uninstall AVG Internet Security 2014 build 4016. Please note that this is one of the the most time consuming task that can be accomplished before you have your machine rebooted several times, and, clean associated configuration data, other leftover files and registry keys. You may have a few different options of uninstalling this AVG product, but this "Force Uninstall" solution is much more powerful than others.
How do I uninstall AVG Internet Security 2014 completely?
- As the administrator user, I direct go to Control Panel on my Win8’s desktop.
- I click the Uninstall a program in Programs entry.
- At this point, I launch the Uninstall option for the AVG 2014 item (Product version, 2014.0.4016) on the Uninstall or change a program list.
- To automatically uninstall AVG Internet Security 2014, I then choose the Uninstall option from the AVG 2014 Uninstaller wizard.
- Then I do not want to keep the AVG LinkScanner and I ignore the "saving" option for that security toolbar and then, I click the Next > button on the AVG’s default uninstaller.
- To fully uninstall AVG Internet Security 2014, I manually add the highlighted options below to AVG 2014 Uninstaller and click on the Next >.
- I let AVG 2014 Uninstaller activate Windows Firewall automatically because of security reasons, and, I click on Next > on it.
- Then AVG 2014 Uninstaller starts the uninstallation progress, I just sit back and watch it.
- A few moments later AVG 2014 Uninstaller tells me that "AVG Internet Security 2014 has been successfully removed from your computer." N recommends that I should restart my system at once.
- Well, this copy of AVG Internet Security is one of the products that confused me. Why? I have to re-use Windows’ Uninstall/Change option to remove the AVG SafeGuard toolbar (18.104.22.168) so that I can manage to fully uninstall AVG Internet Security 2014: To do this, I launch the aforesaid Uninstall/Change option, apply the "removal" option to the following AVG Secure Search and click Next.
- "Please wait while AVG Secure Search and the toolbar are removed".
- I click Done when the AVG Secure Search informs me "You have successfully removed AVG Secure Search and the toolbar".
- I close the following "The AVG SafeGuard toolbar…" page directly.
- To wholly uninstall AVG Internet Security 2014, I locate the following Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributables (by AVG Technologies CA, s.r.o; v22.214.171.124) and launch the Uninstall option for it.
- I choose Yes to proceed with the removal of AVG’s Visual component.
- And then, I select the Yes to the following UAC and let UAC proceed with AVG’s 4dad7.msi removal.
- Close Programs and Features. Reboot my computer.
- Ugh, now, I need to manually find AVG’s leftover items to thoroughly uninstall AVG Internet Security 2014: All I have to do is back up the current Registry Editor, manually detect and delete those traces of AIS.
October 17. 2012 UPDATED: How to Uninstall AVG Internet Security 2013 on Windows 7?
After the video demo, you can read the following detailed steps, which will surely guide you through the complete uninstall of AVG Internet Security 2013 on your computer.
- To complete get rid of the unwanted AVG Internet Security 2013, you may need to review its express install of it first.
- Item: Select type of installation
- Express Install (recommended): Installs the software in its standard configuration including the Gadget. Installs the AVG Security Toolbar to protect your computer from dangerous websites. Sets, keeps and protects AVG Secure Search as your default search provider.
- Custom Install: Choose which application features you want to install. Recommended choice for advanced users.
- Sets, keeps and protects AVG Secure Search as your default search provider
- Installs the AVG Security Toolbar to protect your computer from dangerous websites
Related Guide: Uninstalling AVG Internet Security 2012
AVG Internet Security 2012 is one of the security product developed by AVG Technologies USA company, AVG Internet Security 2012 is not an typical anti-virus program, instead, it focuses on secure people’s online activity and improve computer performance. Users are allowed to download the trail version of AVG Internet Security 2012, however, many people complain that they are unable to remove the trail after it got expired as they continue receive error message when attempting the removal.
If you fail to uninstall AVG Internet Security 2012, troubles may get in the way when you need to reinstall it or install other security software. To completely remove this program, the effective solution is to use Max Uninstaller, just download it here and follow the blow instruction it will guide you through the process.
Uninstall AVG Internet Security 2012 With Max Uninstaller
Step1: Double click the setup file of Max Uninstaller you downloaded, and follow the wizard to install it in your computer. And remember to close AVG Internet Security 2012 and all the related processes before going to the next step.
Step2: Launch Max Uninstaller after finish the installation, and you will find the AVG 2012 is located in the right hand program list, select it and then click “Run Analysis” button.
Step3: In a few second, all files and associated registry entries of AVG Internet Security 2012 will be scanned out by Max Uninstaller, simply click the “Complete Uninstall” button to start the removal, if you receive prompt message, click Yes to confirm.
Step4: After the standard AVG Internet Security 2012 removal process finish, click Scan Leftovers button.
Step5: Max Uninstaller will then scan over your computer to see what’s left behind in the system. Once it finished, Click Delete Leftovers button to COMPLETELY uninstall AVG Internet Security 2012 and all of its leftovers.
Step6: Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the automatic removal.
Congratulations! AVG Internet Security 2012 and all the associated leftovers have been removed CLEANLY off your system now!
Remove AVG Internet Security 2012 Demonstration
Why use Max Uninstaller to remove AVG Internet Security 2012?
As we know that some of the security software are hard to be removed as they are designed with different algorithms and often consist of several components locates in different directory of the computer, so uninstall these security software via the traditional Add/Remove Programs always leave a bit information behind. To completely remove AVG Internet Security 2012 and other types of security software or stubborn programs, you need to find a third party professional uninstall tool which is able to skip over the normal procedure and has its own way to remove the target completely. Max Uninstaller is one of the best solutions in the market that is capable of what I mentioned earlier, the unique uninstall technology will help you remove AVG Internet Security 2012 or any other unwanted program/application/software completely without getting error message or leaving trace behind.
Manually Remove AVG Internet Security 2012
If you would like to do the removal manually, you may also refer to the below steps to do so, but it is strongly recommended to use Max Uninstaller to save your time and energy.
Shut down AVG Internet Security 2012 and related process running in background – for more details, you run Windows Task Manager as admin.
- Click the start menu on the screen, or press the Windows button on your keyboard, then select Control Panel.
- Click to open Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP/2000) or Programs and Features (Windows7, 8/Vista)
- Locate the following AVG 2012 in the program list and click Remove button.
- Typically, you can follow the Next – Next type of Wizard to remove AVG Internet Security 2012 if you wish to keep some AVG’s protection components in your system.
- Restart your computer after the uninstall finished.
- Double click to open My Computer, find out and remove the following list of folder after restarting the computer.
(For Windows Vista/7 users) C:\Program Files\AVG or C:\Program files(x86)\AVG (for 64bit OS)
(For Windows XP/2000 users) C:\Program Files\AVG or C:\Program files(x86)\AVG (for 64bit OS)
C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\AVG8
C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\AVG9
C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\AVG10
C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application data\AVG2012
Note: Before the deletion, you may want to check the “view hidden files and folders” setting as some of the files and folders are hidden by default setting. Steps as below:
- Open My computer, go to the Tool > Folder Options
- Click the View tab, then select the check box of “Show hidden files, folders and drives”
- Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files".
- Click OK to finish.
About AVG Internet Security 2012
Some of the security products are known to slow down the system while running, but it will not happen in it. AVG Internet Security 2012 not only provides protection of your online activated, it also speed up your system to let you enjoy faster system startup, files download, internet surfing, video playing and more.
AVG Internet Security 2012 features
- Protect and speed up your computer
- Protect your computer from hackers and identity thieves
- Stop and block virus and other malicious threats
- Improve gamming and surfing experience.
- Keep your computer free from worms, scams and spam
- Secure website surfing and searching
- Professional support from techies that care
Need Help with Uninstalling AVG Product from Your Computer?
Please visit this Youtube channel to review, learn more related tips.
How to Uninstall AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012/2013
How to Uninstall AVG Premium Security
How to Uninstall AVG PC Tuneup 2012/2013