January 14, 2013 Updated: How to Remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2013?
To completely remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2013, you need to remove the potentially unwanted ZoneAlarm toolbar and restore your currently installed web browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and more. Furthermore, you may also check and get rid of the optional ZoneAlarm search and manually delete the downloaded antivirus definitions. If you just cannot complete the express install of the new ZoneAlarm Extreme Security v2013, please download and install the following uninstaller program on your computer to perform a clean removal for this new Check Point product!
Review: How did you install ZoneAlarm Extreme Security v2013?
Step 1: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Install
- Additional programs:
- Make ZoneAlarm search my homepage
- Install ZoneAlarm toolbar (By default)
- Make ZoneAlarm my default search
Step 2: Installation version
- Light Package (65 MB) (By default)
- Full Package (100 MB)
How do I completely remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2013 on Windows 8?
You should also use the following recommended checklists to fully remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2013:
- First of all, you just CANNOT remove the newly installed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2013 without a reboot!
- Remove the main application from programs list. (Run this uninstaller if you need help or need to perform a force removal option right away.)
- Remove its optional and/or recommended items like its toolbar.
- Find and clean the additional leftovers file and registry entry.
- Logged on to my Win8 as admin, I first save all my personal files and other unsaved programs.
- Click Shown hidden icons in Taskbar; find the following letter Z on the list; right-click on it, run the option Exit at the bottom of the displayed menu.
- To properly exit the running ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2013 program, I click the Yes button on the following Shut down window.
- Then I open Control Panel on Desktop, Uninstall a program and then I find the following associated programs on the following Uninstall or change a program:
- ZoneAlarm Do Not Track Add-on 126.96.36.1993 (Publisher, Abine; size, 2.71 MB)
- ZoneAlarm Extreme Security (Product version, 11.0.000.038; size, 372 MB)
- ZoneAlarm Security Toolbar
Are you having a hard time removing ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 completely from Windows 7/Vista/XP?
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 provides a comprehensive security suite to protects your PC, but sometimes this program just become an annoying problem as it is hard to be removed, some people would still receive the message of “Zonealarm Antivirus was off” from Windows Security Center even though you think have removed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 from the add/remove program, that usually indicates the program is not uninstalled properly & completely.
Is there an easy way to thoroughly get rid of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 without trace? Luckily you are in the right place. Please follow the given instruction below to solve this uninstall problem.
How to Remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 automatically
For the average computer user, we highly recommend Max Uninstaller to help you take care of the uninstall of it, it is fast and effective, you can refer to the below video demonstration to see how I removed ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 easily within a few clicks, it is definitely a time and energy saving solution for you.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 Uninstall video demonstration
Step1: Download Max Uninstaller here, double click the setup file to install in into your computer.
Step2: Open Max Uninstaller, locate and select ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 icon in the right hand program list, and click “Run Analysis” button on the left hand bottom.
Step3: After all files and associated registry entries of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 were scanned out, click “Complete Uninstall” button in the program, and click Yes on the prompted message to start the removal of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012.
Step4: The standard uninstall of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 will be completed in a few seconds, then click the Scan Leftovers button.
Step5: Max Uninstaller is now scanning over your computer to see what’s left behind in the system related to the ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012. Once it finished, Click Delete Leftovers to thoroughly remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 and all of its leftovers.
Step6: Click OK to finish the removal of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 completely from your computer.
Benefits of using Max Uninstaller
- Uninstall ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 program forcibly.
- Remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 leftover registry files/folders
- Remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 safely without errors.
How to Remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 manually
If you prefer to manually remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 rather than using third-party uninstaller software, the below steps may help you. But we strongly recommend you to use Max Uninstaller to handle the removal to save your time and energy.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 information review
- Title: Support Info
- ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
- Use the following information to get technical support for ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
- Publisher: CheckPoint
- Version: 10.0.250.000
Unlike other programs, there is no way to reach the uninstaller of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 through Start – Programs – checkpoint – ZoneAlarm(See the below screenshot), you’ll need to remove it from Windows Add/Remove program.
Uninstall ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 from Control Panel
- Click Start button – go to Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs
- Locate ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012, click the Remove button.
- You then receive a pop up telling you that “To remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security file from your computer click Uninstall. Note: To transfer your setting to a higher version of this product, do not uninstall, install the new product over this one.” You can Ignore the optional survey, click the uninstall button under the window.
- You’ll receive message asking you “are you sure to uninstall ZoneAlarm Extreme Security from this computer?” Click Yes to confirm.
Note: Please make sure you have turn off ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 and end all of the related process, you may press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Windows Task Manager and check for the process there.
Sometimes ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 can not be removed through Add/Remove program due to certain software corruption issues. In such cases, go delete the installation folder of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 directly.
How to remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 installation folder
Open My Computer and locate installation folder of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012, usually the folder name is “CheckPoint”. Right click on it and select Delete, then back to the desktop, right click Windows Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 installation folder review
Check Point Folder Contents
Install Folder and ZAforce Field folder contents
ZoneAlarm Folder contents
Remove ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 registry entries
To make sure a complete removal of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012, you’ll have to remove its registry entries as well. Simply perform the below steps. Keep in mind that, modifying the Windows registry is a kind of serious task, any mistaken operation could impact the whole system. In order to avoid unnecessary troubles, it is better to make yourselves clear with the operation of Registry Editor before you start.
- Click on Start menu – Click Run.
- Type “regedit” in the box and hit OK to open Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate and expend the registry tree by using the “+” or “>” sign to locate below registry keys related to ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012, then right click on them to delete them all.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 registry entries list
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zone Labs
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs
Note: Do make sure all the keys related are deleted, otherwise ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2012 will not be removed completely, that may causes you troubles while installing other security software.