Are you searching some effective and professional WinRAR error diagnostic tips for the below reported issues, such as “CRC Errors”, “Invalid or corrupt authenticity information”, and/or any other issues that had disabled your attempts to run it or, to unrar or extract some newly downloaded large files/applications/more?
To solve the said CRC error here, please ensure that you had perform a COMPLETE download of the newest, official installer program; here are some info you can review and re-check the one you installed, downloaded; uhh, just like the one below, wrar420; moreover, you may need to re-download that file, because that archive you downloaded may be corrupt.
- Type of file: Application (.exe)
- Description: wrar420
- Size: 1.44 MB (1,517,376 bytes)
- Size on disk: 1.44 MB (1,519,616 bytes)
- Comment: ; WinRAR; Multifunctional Integrated Archive Manager
- SHA256: 16d72d3628ed27331066627a6e8520c127e7d7e876c604a5e8c2773715038890
- SHA1: 5e35d974881780852b6159e4fe23ddcc2cda97be
- MD5: e1ed6342baffb7f0be44b5eba8f8a7f3
After you correctly re-install WinRAR as system administrator; run it to open the downloaded archive; meanwhile you can IGNORE any error prompts you would encounter during the automatic extraction progress. Save and/move any file(s) in the downloaded archive that are OKay.
And for the above “authenticity information” I reviewed, again, please make sure that you had any newer version of WinRAR, at least v3.96, installed in your system, re-try downloading the data from other sites or original/official source. Learn more advanced tips on how to view, open WinRAR problematic data below; furthermore, the following detailed tutorial will help you resolve any troubles uninstalling and removing WinRAR to perform a full clean installation of the Windows file archiving program on your computer, you now can learn or review some tips on how to completely uninstall WinRAR.
How Do I Automatically Uninstall WinRAR via Following the Steps below
- To uninstall WinRAR, you need first to be an administrator user on your Windows computer; save and close any open files, applications – the following correct routine would teach you how to close the running WinRAR program.
- Click on File menu on top left of its main platform (UI), such as the one shown below, “system32 – WinRAR (evaluation copy)”; scroll down that list, launch the Exit option to shut it down properly.
- You then click on the Windows Start button and then, you open the following Control Panel entry on your Windows Vista/7 computer; or the Settings and then the Control Panel window.
- Then you select the Uninstall a program or Add/Remove Programs in the next on-screen Control Panel window.
- Find WinRAR – it depends on the specific version you installed, like mine below, it was v4.20.0 (32-bit); for Windows 7/Vista users, you then launch the Uninstall option for it to automatically uninstall WinRAR on your machine; similarly, for Windows XP SP3 guys, you click the alternative button like Uninstall/Change behind the highlighted WinRAR item in the Currently Installed Programs list to start WinRAR program automatic removal.
- Then following Uninstall WinRAR window will ask you that “Continue with uninstall WinRAR?”, you then click on the Yes on it.
- And then Uninstall WinRAR would inform you that “You need to reboot Windows to uninstall WinRAR completely.”; please click on the OK on that info box.
- You then restart your computer manually to complete the above installation procedure of the previously installed WinRAR software.
How to Manually and Forcibly Uninstall the (Potentially Corrupted) Compression Program by Eugene Roshal?
NOTE In case that you find that the installed WinRAR was missing in the above Windows’ programs list; or you got some error box from your Windows, telling you that its default uninstaller just could not load completely, or some additional components can’t be removed, or more other unknown circumstances on your Windows, please refer to the below force removal option for WinRAR to uninstall WinRAR.
- First off, let’s review its quick, simple default installation of WinRAR that you may have also performed.
- Title: WinRAR 4.20
- Info: Copyright © 1993-2012 by Alexander Roshal
- Destination folder: C:\Program Files\WinRAR
- EULA: This is a trial version of WinRAR archiver. Anyone may use it during a test period of 40 days. …
- Additional information: If you agree to the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA), please click [Install]. If you do not agree, please click [Cancel].
- Type of file: Application (.exe)
- Description: Uninstall WinRAR
- Size: 121 KB (123,904 bytes)
- Size on disk: 124 KB (126,976 bytes)
- File version: 18.104.22.168
- Copyright: Copyright © Alexander Roshal 1993-2012
- SHA256: 1d97a9f2a17e6a105ab4047f5e2e8a401525edbe536f47802f6b73e9cc0d1919
- SHA1: 1b55db1f4bb4d6094206a6e4703793414811f2c2
- MD5: c5318421e90dc0a94e90231af1fe0791
Wait! What If You Installed the following WinRAR by Yahoo! instead, What Should You Do?
- Item: WinRAR (32-bit) – YAHOO!® DOWNLOADS
- Info 1: CloudInstaller will now manage your software download and installation. Would you also like to install the Yahoo! Suite? Express installation includes:
- Yahoo! Toolbar
- Yahoo! Homepage
- Yahoo! Search
- Option 1: Express (recommended)
- Option 2: Custom
- Install Yahoo! Toolbar
- Set my browser’s homepage to Yahoo! Start Page
- Set Yahoo! Search
To completely uninstall WinRAR, and to remove other optional items that may have bogged down your installed web tools even Windows OS, you need to take the below steps that would help you perform a clean removal of WinRAR, including the above Yahoo! Suite and AVG as an addition.
- Pease review or repeat detailed steps above to start and complete the express installation of WinRAR 4.20 (32-bit) in the Uninstall or change a program, or the Currently Installed Programs list.
- Then you can continue launch the Uninstall option for the listed Yahoo! Toolbar to uninstall it.
- To save your time, you then select the No option from the below Yahoo! Toolbar Uninstall window, saying “Yahoo! Toolbar was successfully uninstalled. Would you like to give us more feedback on your experience?”.
- Click on the Close button on the following Uninstallation Complete window, informing “Uninstall was completed successfully. Uninstall complete.”.
- To completely uninstall WinRAR you get from Yahoo! Downloads, you then can go on with Yahoo! Software Update removal by launching Windows’ Uninstall option for it.
- Then you follow Yahoo! Software Update Uninstall window shown below, informing “Uninstall Yahoo! Software Update. Remove Yahoo! Software Update from your computer. Yahoo! Software Update will be uninstalled from the following folder. Click Uninstall to start the uninstallation. Uninstalling from: …”.
- Click Close on it then.
- You then open the current version of Windows Internet Explorer – you may need to reset your preferred homepage for it, set the original Bing as the default search engine for your IE on your Windows device.
Tip You then click on the Yes button on the above Yahoo! Toolbar Uninstall, warning “Are you sure you want to uninstall Yahoo! Toolbar?”.
If you would still have encountered some other unexpected issues uninstalling the pesky WinRAR at these steps, you now try out our Max Uninstaller to do the force clean of corrupted WinRAR application and, its remained additional files type and registry keys type left over on your machine.
Review: WinRAR Uninstall Error
Info: Uninstall WinRAR warned you that “Cannot open list file Uninstall.Ist”. To fix the above, please re-install the program you installed and then re-launch Windows uninstaller for WinRAR or the one by WinRAR itself.
(Photo from gtaforums.com)
Note Similar CRC Error review: “CRC error: The file D:\…\GTA San Andreas\GTA San Andreas\audio\SFX\SPC_NA doesn’t match the file in the setup’s.cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.”
For more tips to open potentially problematic .rar files type, you may read the below blog at http://www.hendra-k.net/how-to-fix-winrar-corrupted-files.html
Other Windows Users Are Also Reading…
Related Tips for You
WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files – Copyright © 2002-2012 Alexander Roshal. All rights reserved.
WINRAR error "Invalid or corrupt authenticity information"? – WinRAR Q&A
winrar error (error message, Archive) – © BestOfMedia, LLC All Rights Reserved
How to Ignore CRC Errors in WinRAR | eHow.com
Eugene Roshal – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download WinRAR (32-bit) 4.20 | Compression Utilities | Windows Downloads – Yahoo! Downloads