Windows Uninstall function errored out when you tried to uninstall Baidu Antivirus 2014?
Windows’ standard uninstallation option is not capable of uninstalling Baidu Antivirus 2014 and/or other top-grade malware protection, not to mention those internet security suites and annoying browser plugins. Our experience teaches you that it’s always better to obtain an uninstaller program Pro when you have such abnormal execution issues, or when your Windows has been infiltrated by those troublesome even aggressive PUAs (an abbreviation for "Potentially Unwanted Applications"), including some reported adware, bloatware and more other bad variants. WindowsUninstaller.org provides everything you need to manage, re-organize and protect your programs list, your browser software and your whole online world against semi-malicious / unwanted objects in one intuitive package!
Further, CNET users reported that Baidu’s virus solution had too many false alarms while the aforementioned (beta) antivirus software crashed Windows’ startup, too. Here, we did a simple comparison test:
- We got 3 riskware samples, Jewel Quest 3.exe (MD5, 5d3977dc8a058759c60d6c409258021b; Detection ratio: 7 / 47), snap.do.exe (md5, 9208cc2620ffa534f32ef1b937a44809; Detection ratio: 10 / 47) and vGrabber_setup.exe (md5, 6955d1b2352d1aec8a5998fa9845ad4b; Detection ratio: 8 / 47), according to Google’s VirusTotal. Read on and get the detailed analysis.
- We manually updated Bleeping Computer’s Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (v184.108.40.2060; build date: 4/3/2013 10:50:30 AM) and Baidu Antivirus (Version: 220.127.116.11052; a reboot was required then) to its latest edition.
- The noticeable result was that Baidu Antivirus 2014 with THREE built-in detection technology scans found no potential infection with its "Quick Scan"; MBAM’s "quick scan" flagged the snap.do as PUP.Optional.Toolbar, classified the vGrabber as PUP.BunblesInstaller.VG and let the Jewel Quest 3 (a PUA downloader) go.
At this point, you should remove Baidu Antivirus 2014 and then try other better alternatives to the aforesaid security program from Baidu Online Network Technology (Beijing)Co., Ltd. Again, we recommend this four-dimensional PUA solution: an award winning plus well-tested, top rated Anti-Virus software (suite) (Avast Free Antivirus) + a good registry cleaner (CCleaner) + a professional uninstall tool (Click the below "Auto Uninstaller" button to shield your Windows environment, more efficiently) + some safety awareness.
Installing Baidu Antivirus 2014
Now, we re-started the express installation of Baidu Antivirus 4.0 via the downloaded BavPro_Setup_039 file. The process is superb and quick.
- "Baidu Antivirus – Pro Antivirus + Ultrafast Cloud Security"
How do I uninstall Baidu Antivirus 2014?
- If at any point I wish to get rid of an unwanted software, there’s several essential actions I must take first: exit the target, save all my important info then make myself the system Admin.
- Then, I find the running Baidu Antivirus agent in taskbar, right click on it and then launch Exit option on the menu.
- Choose the provided Quit below.
- Now, I have 3 ways to uninstall Baidu Antivirus 2014:
- Option 1: Open All Programs >> scroll up to the listing Baidu Antivirus >> enter that file folder >> run the following "Uninstall" application.
- Option 2: I check the below "Uninstall or change a program" list >> locate the unused Baidu Antivirus software (v18.104.22.168.54011) >> launch Windows’ Uninstall/Change option to automatically uninstall Baidu Antivirus 2014.
- Option 3: I go to the following "Baidu Security" directory >> locate the below "Uninstall" app (921 KB) >> run it with the Admin rights.
Related info (reviews) from the Web
P.S.: Related virus reports
- https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2ea655b88dda9e855a7e28009d0616c713caeca12033208c3b1f722229c49d18/analysis/1389641811/ Jewel Quest 3.exe
- https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1dec8b997913685bff717cc03f098841342b1c9b3cc9c302dfd685c0aacbd090/analysis/1389641813/ snap.do.exe
- https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b3e7e916cd634496799b4c2563ac60dc0e30ff4811db038e301c61f0025606e9/analysis/1389641808/ vGrabber_setup.exe