You need to uninstall Safari but Windows Uninstall just became problematic?
To quickly troubleshoot the above uninstall problem, we suggest you use the following professional uninstall tool to perform a force uninstall of your problematic Safari software. And if you have enough time and energy, the below detailed instructions would teach you manually remove Safari v5 ‘n v4 for your Windows.
And to completely get rid of Safari application, you may need to review its default installation, shown follow; and learn more related info listed on program list in Control Panel:
- Info: Installation Options – Choose the installation options for Safari
- "Install Safari Desktop shortcuts"
- "Make Safari the default browser for all users" (Note: To completely uninstall the Safari, you then may reset your default web browser.)
- "Install Bonjour for Windows" – Bonjour for Windows enables Safari to detect shared devices on your local network … (Note: To completely remove your unwanted Safari, you will need to remove this Bonjour for Windows.)
- "Automatically update Safari" – Select this option if you want to schedule Apple Software Update to automatically check for updates to Safari and other Apple software installed on your system. (Note: To completely uninstall the said Safari, you need to remove this Apple Auto Updater program.)
How to uninstall Safari thoroughly?
- You first save and close your personal files and other running applications – of course you may need to ensure all the processes related with Safari and/or Apple’s product(s) do not still run in background by using Windows Task Manager.
- Click Start button, then access the Control Panel entry or the one in Settings folder.
- Open up the Uninstall a program or Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel window.
- There, you will find Safari, Bonjour, Apple Application Support and Apple Software Update installed and listed on the Uninstall or change a program / Currently Installed Programs list, thus, to fully uninstall Safari, you need to remove the FOUR items I mentioned above.
- To automatically uninstall Safari, you first launch the Uninstall option for it.
TIP To successfully uninstall Safari, you may forcibly terminate process(es) associated with Apple’s software like the above SoftwareUpdate.exe as system admin.
- Size: 43.2 MB
- Product version: 22.214.171.124
- Help link: http://www[dot]apple[dot]com/support
- Size: 0.98 MB
- Product version: 126.96.36.199
Note Similarly, you click Yes on Programs and Features or Add or Remove Programs to proceed with uninstall procedure.
Note Please wait while Windows Installer prepares to complete your requests.
Note Click Yes on the above Windows’ UAC.
- Size: 61.2 MB
- Product version: 2.1.6
Note For Vista/7 guys, you click Yes.
Note Then click the Yes on the UAC above.
- Size: 2.38 MB
- Product version: 2.1.6
(Related files leftovers)
- C:\Users\Test\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer, Safari, File folder, 756 KB (774,308 bytes)
- C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\Apple Computer, 66.9 MB (70,173,406 bytes)
- C:\Users\Test\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Preferences, 2.25 KB (2,313 bytes)
(Remained registry files type)
How to Uninstall Safari 4.0 for Windows XP SP3?
- Close Safari client.
- Press Windows’ start button, go to Control Panel and choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Find below Safari (68.94MB), hit the Remove button behind it.
- Choose Yes from the following Add/Remove to automatically uninstall Safari from XP system.
- Then XP will help you uninstall Safari silently.
- And then, you can continue to use Add or Remove applet and proceed with the express uninstall of Bonjour and Apple Software Update.
Related Blog Posts from WindowsUninstaller.Org
You Might Need the Followings…
lion – How do you remove Safari 6 on Mac OS X 10.7.4 – Ask Different
Woopid Video Tutorials – Disable or Uninstall Safari Extensions
How to Remove Safari Plug-ins – ©2013 About.com.
How to Delete Safari, Mail, FaceTime, Photo Booth, and Other Default Mac OS X Apps – © 2013 OS X Daily.
How do I uninstall Safari 6 (Lion): Apple Support Communities
Uninstall Safari from Lion – MacRumors Forums