Have you been annoying about some unknown issues related with Safari, such as the expected autofill function just became problematic, or you had difficulties loading some web page by using Safari on your Windows or Mac OS X?
To quickly troubleshoot the above autofilling problem, please follow the below steps: 1) run your Safari as administrator; 2) click on the Settings entry on its right top, scroll down that menu and then enter the Preferences… ; 3) enter the AutoFill tab with a pencil icon; 4) ensure you have enabled the following options, “Using info from my Address Book card”, “User names and passwords” and “Other forms”; and then you click on the Edit… button behind the above options to re-check your previously saved detailed websites; 5) temporarily disable the Private Browsing… option, re-check; 6) save and close Safari, re-open the targeted web page to check the AutoFill issue; 7) export your saved bookmark data, run the Reset Safari… option; 8) run the Apple Software Update application as admin – you would be able to find it listed on Start menu, you may need to wait seconds for your first time to run it and then, you can automatically upgrade your currently installed version of Safari just like mine here, update the current v 5.1.2 (7534.52.7) to v5.1.7; enable the item(s) listed in the Updates section, click “Install xxx item” button on the Update window; after the auto-download and installation completes, save and reboot your device; re-try the AutoFill option; 9) follow the below detailed method to uninstall Safari automatically and completely; download and install the latest version of Safari product on your machine later on. And to check and diagnose some surfing issues potentially related with Safari, please check your Internet connection -> check the server of the page you were trying to visit by using another browser / on another machine (later on); or what you need to do is to reload the web page. If you just don’t keep Safari on your Windows computer anymore, the below detailed instructions would help you completely change or uninstall Safari like the v5/v4/v3.
Now, please read the following step-by-step details to uninstall Safari thoroughly.
- To smoothly uninstall Safari, you first save and close your personal files and other running applications – of course you may need to ensure all the processes related with Safari and/or Apple’s product(s) do not still run in background by using Windows Task Manager.
- And to completely remove or uninstall Safari application, you may need to review its default installation as follow; and learn more related info listed on program list in Control Panel:
TIP To successfully uninstall Safari, you may forcibly terminate process(es) associated with Apple’s software like the above SoftwareUpdate.exe as system admin.
- Info: Installation Options – Choose the installation options for Safari
- Install Safari Desktop shortcuts
- Make Safari the default browser for all users (Note: To completely uninstall Safari, you then may reset your default web browser.)
- Install Bonjour for Windows – Bonjour for Windows enables Safari to detect shared devices on your local network and make them available to you. For example, you can view and configure shared printers available through Bonjour, without any complicated network setup (Note: To completely uninstall Safari, you will need to remove this Bonjour for Windows.)
- Automatically update Safari – Select this option if you want to schedule Apple Software Update to automatically check for updates to Safari and other Apple software installed on your system. (Note: To completely uninstall Safari, you need to remove this Apple Auto Updater program.)
- Size: 43.2 MB
- Product version: 188.8.131.52
- Help link: http://www[dot]apple[dot]com/support
- Size: 0.98 MB
- Product version: 184.108.40.206
Note Similarly, you click Yes on Programs and Features or Add or Remove Programs to proceed with uninstall procedure.
Note Please wait while Windows Installer prepares to complete your requests.
Note Click Yes on the above Windows’ UAC.
- Size: 61.2 MB
- Product version: 2.1.6
Note For Vista/7 guys, you click Yes.
Note Then click the Yes on the UAC above.
- Size: 2.38 MB
- Product version: 2.1.6
(Related files leftovers)
- C:\Users\Test\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer, Safari, File folder, 756 KB (774,308 bytes)
- C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\Apple Computer, 66.9 MB (70,173,406 bytes)
- C:\Users\Test\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Preferences, 2.25 KB (2,313 bytes)
(Remained registry files type)
How-to Guides on the Web Tool by Apple
- How to modify my most visited websites?
- Run your Safari/li>
- Click on the “Show Top Sites” on left top.
- Click the dark blue Edit button on left bottom.
- Select the white Remove option (“Never include as top site”) for any listed item(s), telling “To add a page to Top Sites, drag its address (URL) to this window.”
- When you finish, you click the Done button.
- Enter the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then Select the Enter Full Screen option – You can also directly press down the F11 key as well.
- Click Settings and select Downloads entry.
- Or press the [Ctrl] key + the [Alt] key + the [L] key.
- To change the options for Default web browser, you can choose Safari, Mozilla’s Aurora, Microsoft’s Internet Explorer or use the Default Host Application.
- Change the Default search engine? You can select the Yahoo!, Bing.
- Wanna restore your last visited webpage(s)? You choose the All windows from last session option for “Safari opens with” item
- Need “New windows opens” Homepage, Top Sites and/or more? All you need to do is to set the specific option for the above item, such as Empty Page/Same Page / Bookmarks / Tabs for Bookmarks Bar / other tabs saved on your machine.
- For the New tabs open with, you can choose the Top Sites, Home/Empty Page, or Bookmarks.
- To regularly & automatically clean items saved in History, you can choose the After one/two week(s), or more other options like After one year for Remove history items.
- For your download issue and secure it, please DO enable the following option, “Always prompt before downloading Prompting cannot be disabled for some high-risk file types, including applications.”, for Save downloaded files to entry. Moreover, for most Windows users, you can set the Manually option for the Remove downloaded list item entry.
- For more tips, please open up the Help entry on right corner.
- You can choose different options for Standard font like the default one “Times New Roman 16″. You can apply others listed by clicking Select… tab behind it.
- Similarly, you can set the Fixed-width font as Courier New 13.
- You can set Windows Standard / Best for CRT / Light / Medium – best for Flat Panel / Strong for Font smoothing.
- Set the Default encoding? You there can choose Unicode (URF-8), Western European, Japanese (Shift-JIS) and more for it.
- Bookmarks? To modify options for Bookmarks bar, Bookmarks menu and/or Collections, you can tick or disable the following options for them: Include Reading List /Top Sites / Bonjour / bookmarks bar.
- Tabs? You can set the Never/Automatically/Always option for Open pages in tabs instead of windows; you can also enable or disselect the following options, "Ctrl-click opens a link in a new tab", "When a new tab or window opens, make it active", "Confirm before closing multiple tabs or windows"; you can read or review following tips: 1) Ctrl-click: Opens a link in a new tab. 2) Ctrl-Shift-click: Opens a link in a new tab, and makes it the active tab. 3) Ctrl-Alt-click: Opens a link in a new window. 4) Ctrl-Shift-click: Opens a link in a new window, and makes it the active window.
- For more related settings, you can check other tabs and learn more tips from its official Help document. Should you wanna to reset your Safari, you then visit Settings -> launch the “Reset Safari…” option on the menu – Or you would still have difficulties using this Apple’s web tool, you then completely uninstall it and change it for other like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (v16) or Aurora.
Still wanna completely uninstall Safari software from your computer, please view the following video guide and use the recommended uninstaller program to thoroughly remove it.
Related Blog Posts from WindowsUninstaller.Org
You Might Need the Followings…
Safari (web browser) – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Apple Safari – CNET Download.com
Apple – Safari – Learn about the features available in Safari.
Apple – Support – Safari
Chrome Browser – © Google
Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Free Download — mozilla.org