2014.1.14 UPD: Check out this knowledge post for more tips on getting rid of PC Performer on an xp3 computer.
11/26/13 UPD: How to remove PC Performer by performersoft (aka, PPCTechSoft, Inc)?
First off, users had better thoroughly uninstall PC Performer (v18.104.22.168.2646) because its original installer PCPerformerSetup (v22.214.171.124; MD5, 18739783f284b0295413a53196c893f6) has been flagged as MALWARE by 15 / 47 antivirus engines.
Detailed VT analysis report:
- Agnitum, Trojan.DL.Brantall!
- AntiVir, TR/Dldr.Brantall.D.18
- AVG, Skodna.Bundle_r.N
- DrWeb, Adware.Downware.1678
- ESET-NOD32, a variant of Win32/InstallBrain.BF
- F-Prot, W32/IBrain.G.gen!Eldorado
- GDataGData, Win32.Application.InstallBrain.B
- Ikarus, Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Brantall
- K7AntiVirus, Unwanted-Program ( 2e25a6070 )
- Kingsoft, Win32.Troj.Generic.a.(kcloud)
- Malwarebytes, PUP.Optional.InstallBrain.A
- Microsoft, TrojanDownloader:Win32/Brantall.D
- Panda, Trj/Genetic.gen
- TotalDefense, Win32/Tnega.aWZdPIC
- VIPRE, Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT
For more info visit this URL, https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2a6c316cba192e04c36204da5a2384e605c82b0e0e84d70533407fe40af55376/analysis/
How to properly uninstall PC Performer?
- First, stop the software’s registry scan then quit PC Performer client. Save your personal data. Load your system into Admin mode.
- Then you might be able to get rid of this risky PC Performer via 3 options:
- Method 1: start >> All Programs >> PC Performer >> run the following "Uninstall PC Performer" application.
- Method 2: start >> Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs >> locate the PC Performer (11.93MB), click the Remove button behind it.
- Method 3: Go to PC Performer’s installation folder >> run the supplied "unins000" (Setup/Uninstall) application.
Your current version of Anti-Virus program warned you that PC Performer was a computer threat? It could found and fix little errors on your Windows, and then you wanna remove it?
Now, you watch and/or review the below YouTube video and see the detailed steps to completely uninstall PC Performer, the “harassment” by Performersoft, from your system without too much difficulties.
Step-by-step steps to uninstall PC Performer software from Windows 7 system
- Using an administrator account on your Windows device, you log on it and ensure that you’ve saved and closed all the running programs, , which will be enable you to achieve a clean, less troublesome uninstallation of PC Performer.
- Click on the Start button in Windows Taskbar, scroll up and click the All Programs, or Programs for Windows-XP based users.
- Locate and enter an entry, named PC Performer; launch the Uninstall PC Performer option in it.
- Select the Yes option from the next Windows 7′s User Account Control info box. See the detailed information on it.
- Program location: “C:\Program Files\PC Performer\unins000.exe”/INITPROCWND=S3044E
- From the Start menu, you then select the Settings or directly the Control Panel on it.
- Open up the Uninstall a program in the Programs portion; or the Add or Remove Programs on your XP computer.
- Select PC Performer from the Uninstall or change a program list (aka, Currently Installed Programs); launch the Uninstall option for it.
- Repeat or review related steps above to complete the uninstall of PC Performer software.
WARNING The below section and the manual uninstall option is ONLY recommended for intermediate Windows end-users, because any improper registry edits can cause severe computer issues, i.e., the Blue Screen of Death, application error and so on. To guide you through the safe and full uninstallation of the unwanted program with less risks, I strongly recommended you refer to this YouTube video guide to take a clean backup of Windows Registry Editor; and then you should be very careful and slow when you are configuring the system and the Registry Editor.
- Right-click on PC Performer shortcut; select the Properties at the bottom of the menu.
- Click the Open File Location tab on the Properties window.
- Press the [U] key on your keyboard to fast locate and then run the unins000 application in the PC Performer installation directory. See more details about the default uninstaller by Performersoft.
- MD5: 0c75bf679268dbdb44a079ceda85421a
- Detection ratio: 1 / 42 (By ByteHero, “Trojan.Malware.Obscu.Gen.001″)
- Analysis date: 2012-07-21 03:45:03 UTC
Tip Click Yes on UAC.
Tip Click the "Uninstall it now" button.
Tip Click Yes on PC Performer Uninstall window.
Need help with another uninstallation problem? Then you could subscribe to new updates here; and if this blog entry has helped you then please feel free to click the Like by Facebook, the g +1 by Google and/or the Share link above.
Malware Issue Review: Antivirus scan for d273713f5fd180b527bc1369a4d2d353
- Detection ratio: 1 / 42 (By Sophos)
- Item: PCPerformer_st_Setup
- Size: 3.39 MB (3,562,864 bytes)
- Size on disk: 3.39 MB (3,563,520 bytes)
- File version: 126.96.36.199
- Product version: 11.10
- Copyright: © Performersoft
Appreciated Blog Entries on WindowsUninstaller.Org
Uninstall TuneUp Utilities 2012 (July 7, 2012) Uninstall PC Cleaner (June 26, 2012) Uninstall SpeedMaxPc (June 9, 2012) uninstall RegistryBooster April 21, 2012 uninstall SpeedyPC Pro (March 27, 2012) uninstall TuneUp360 (March 26, 2012)
From Around the Internet
User Reviews on CNET Download.com
Please explain? – PC Performer user review – Softonic
VirusTotal – Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner
ByteHero Information Security Lab
COM: Component Object Model Technologies – Microsoft
How can I remove/uninstall PC Performer from my computer? – Microsoft Community