March 8, 2013 Updated: How to Uninstall Facebook Messenger (2.1.4801.0)
The following information will enable you to automatically (recommended) or manually get rid of Facebook Messenger 2.1. If it should happen that Facebook’s default uninstaller does not work, please save and run this perfect uninstaller to force uninstall Facebook Messenger from your computer.
Before you starting the actions, please ensure that you’re the administrative user now, save and close all your personal files and, you can follow me to remove this Facebook Messenger v2.1:
- Right click on Facebook Messenger’s running tray in Show hidden icons area and run Exit option.
- Cause I’m running a Windows 8 operating system, then I directly open up Control Panel on desktop and press Uninstall a program in it.
- Then I locate the following Face Messenger 2.1.4801.0 (Size: 33.4 MB) and launch Uninstall option for it to remove it from Programs and Features window.
- Then Programs and Features pops up then I click Yes on it.
- Soon the unused Face Messenger 2.1.4801.0 is removed from programs list and then, I manually close the following "Log In | Facebook" page (URL, https://www.facebook[dot]com/login.php?next=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fhelp%2Fcontact%2F%3Fid%3D320276684685805) and reboot my computer. Afterwards, I wanna clean those traces relating to uninstalled Facebook Messenger on my Windows.
While you tried to get Facebook Messenger installed on a Windows XP SP3, but then you encountered the "Facebook Messenger.exe – Application Error", “The application failed to initialize correctly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.”?
Bit frustrated, right? Here, you could try the following tips before you uninstall Facebook Messenger from your device: 1) You click OK on the error box to exit it properly. 2) Save and close all your personal data and other open program(s), then you launch the option Restart for your machine to restore the Random access memory (RAM) usage. 3) Open up the shortcut file for Facebook Messenger live chat application to check the application eror again. 4) Downgrade or completely uninstall Facebook Messenger version 3 by following the instructions below, re-install it later. If you just wanna thoroughly remove it, please use this perfect uninstaller to cleanly uninstall Facebook Messenger on your computer.
How to Uninstall Facebook Messenger Manually?
Method ONE: Run the Facebook’s Built-in Uninstaller
- Click Start/Windows key > All Programs > expand the Facebook Messenger file folder below.
- Run the "Uninstall Facebook Messenger" application in it.
- The User Account Control appears? Select the option Yes from it:
- Program location: “C:\Program Files\Facebook Messenger\unins000.exe”…
- Click Yes on Facebook Messenger Uninstall dialog box.
- Wait and then click OK on Facebook Messenger Uninstall.
- Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program
- Highlight the Facebook Messenger version 3.0 item above, you can then …
- Click on option Uninstall on top to start uninstalling Facebook Messenger.
- Right click on it and launch Uninstall on that menu
- Or you double click on it to directly uninstall Facebook Messenger v3 from your Programs and Features list.
- Click Yes on Facebook Messenger Uninstall window.
Method TWO: Run Windows’ uninstaller
Method THREE: Find and run the unins000.exe to uninstall Facebook Messenger
Tip: This option can be used when you cannot find the unused Facebook Messenger program. Moreover, you can also copy and paste the file location where it is saved in Address Bar.
- Right click on the Facebook Messenger shortcut link on Desktop.
- Click Open File Location button on Facebook Messenger Properties section.
- Press U key or you can also scroll down, locate and run the unins000(.exe) application in it.
- You will then meet the same UAC window; you click Yes on it.
- Go on clicking Yes on Facebook Messenger Uninstall.
To fully remove or uninstall Facebook Messenger ver.3, you need to search and clean the following program remains manually and/or automatically (recommended).
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted, C:\Program Files\FM\unins000.exe – 1
- HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1268191406-2149036373-4007080809-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted, C:\Program Files\FM\unins000.exe – 1
Related Topic: How to Uninstall Facebook Messenger from ICR Web Agency?
1. Review some quick specs for it, shown below
- Title: Titanium Installer
- Version: 1.0
- From: http://www.dedrisproject[dot]com
- MD5: 3ddb90cc01bf2e697b0c6e8dae1e7a0d
- File type: Win32 EXE
- Detection ratio: 1 / 40 (by ClamAV, PUA.Win32.Packer.Msvcpp-1) (WARNING: If your installed Anti-malware program has stopped this Facebook Messenger V1.0 by ICR Web Agency from running, you’d better use this professional uninstaller to forcibly remove it on your computer!)
2. For regular users, you may just COULDN’T uninstall this Facebook Messenger 1.0 via Windows’ or its default uninstaller, because there’s no uninstall option for it. See the Uninstall or change a program list and All Programs list shown below. Now, download, install and run this recommended uninstall tool to permanently uninstall Facebook Messenger from ICR Web Agency!
3. For advanced users, you may also have to manually detect and delete the associated traces below in normal mode and/or in Safe Mode (recommended).
- Installer.exe, Installer application, 580 KB (593,920 bytes)
- Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest, 1.81 KB (1,862 bytes)
- msvcm80.dll, Microsoft® C Runtime Library, 468 KB (479,232 bytes), v8.0.50727.762; Copyright, © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.; Internal Name/Original File name, MSVCM80.DLL; Language, English (United States); Product Name, Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005;
See or review the registry key types:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage\NewShortcuts, C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Facebook Messenger.lnk – 1
- HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1268191406-2149036373-4007080809-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage\NewShortcuts, C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Facebook Messenger.lnk – 1
If you just don’t know how to safely remove or uninstall Facebook Messenger, please download the perfect uninstaller below to do so.