Q: Should you uninstall EasyBCD 2.0.1 before updating it?
A: Although I do not know exactly what happened, let me guess your story: you’re a WinXP SP3 user -> you guys downloaded the 2.0 version of EasyBCD -> you installed it fast -> you then tried to run it; at the time, you encountered an "EasyBCD.exe – Application Error", warning "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.". Well, uninstalling EasyBCD is a complete unnecessary action to fix the aforesaid program error with the NeoSmart Technlogies’ v2 product. You first seek its newer version via major search engines; you then overwrite your EasyBCD 2.0 with a newer edition of it like the 2.2 copy. After all, if you indeed need to cleanly remove EasyBCD, or if the standard mode of uninstalling EasyBCD fails or crashes halfway, you should use the following professional uninstall tool provided by WindowsUninstaller.Org.
How to Uninstall EasyBCD from Windows 8?
Tip: In order to successfully get rid of EasyBCD, I recommend you review its installation wizards as following:
- "Welcome to the EasyBCD 2.1.2 Setup Wizard. …"
- "… Please review the license terms before installing EasyBCD 2.1.2."
- "Choose Components."
- EasyBCD Core: "Core EasyBCD components"
- Desktop Shortcut: "Adds a shortcut to EasyBCD on the desktop."
- Space required: 4.5MB
- "Choose Install Location. Choose the folder in which to install EasyBCD 2.1.2."
- Destination Folder: C:\Program Files\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD (NOTE If, you had tried the conventional methods with no luck, a perfect alternative is to use this smart uninstaller software to thoroughly uninstall EasyBCD on your Windows machine.)
- "Installing. Please wait while EasyBCD 2.1.2 is being installed. Downloading dotnetfx.exe. xxxkB of 24415kB @ 178.2kB/s …" (NOTE To completely uninstall EasyBCD, remove the .NET Framework 3.5 from your system.)
UNINSTALL Methods & Steps
Now, you choose the available options below to uninstall EasyBCD from Windows system. Before you launch one of them, you may need to:
- Cancel the update process: click No on the following "EasyBCD 188.8.131.52 Stable Found!" alert, "… Would you like to go to the EasyBCD download page now to upgrade to the latest version?".
- For more regular Windows friends, you then click OK on the EasyBCD Community Edition, "… If you are using this software in a commercial environment, please click ‘Cancel’ below to purchase a commercial license. …".
- Go to BCD Back/Repair section in the main interface below, save the EasyBCD Backup file .bcd on another place on your computer.
- Click File and launch Exit option on the menu.
Option 1: The standard process to uninstall EasyBCD requires the following simple steps that takes minutes.
- Go to Control Panel and choose "Uninstall a program".
- Locate the following EasyBCD 2.1.2 program; launch Windows’ Uninstall option for it.
- Product version: 2.1.2
- Support link: http://neosmart[dot]net/wiki/display/EBCD
- Help link: http://neosmart[dot]net/f…
- Update information: http://neosmart[dot]net/dl.php?id=1
- Click the Uninstall button on the "EasyBCD 2.1.2 Uninstall" wizard, saying "Uninstall EasyBCD 2.1.2. Remove EasyBCD 2.1.2 from your computer. …".
Option 2: Find and run the uninstall application to uninstall EasyBCD. Please note steps about administrator rights and, procedures for modifying your OS.
- Go to system partition if you installed EasyBCD via its installation option I mentioned above.
- Check the Program Files folder below, scroll through it till you find the following NeoSmart Technologies, which contains 25 files, 3 folders.
- Double click the EasyBCD folder and right click on the uninstall, choose "Run as administrator" (strongly recommended) option on the context menu.
- Choose the Yes option from the yellow UAC alert.
- Follow the mentioned “EasyBCD 2.1.2 Uninstall”, close it; save and reboot; delete the remaining NeoSmart Technologies folder and associated files, registry keys to cleanly uninstall EasyBCD.
Unable to run EasyBCD (v2.0) on a WinXP system?
WHY? The EasyBCD 2.0 fails to run normally and the "EasyBCD.exe – Application Error" pops up subsequently…
Solution 1: Automatically uninstall EasyBCD 2.0
- Find the downloaded EasyBCD installer file like the 2.0.1 or (re-)download another (newer) installation package, such as the 2.2 version (recommended) below.
- Plan A: You may directly run it by double clicking on it -> click OK on the EasyBCD 2.0/2.1.2 Setup window, "… Click ‘OK’ to remove the previous version or ‘Cancel’ to cancel this upgrade." – which is the fastest way to uninstall EasyBCD. -> perform another install of EasyBCD, save and reboot. Then re-check WinXP’s programs list if you have successfully fixed the aforesaid application error.
- Plan B: click start button, go to All Programs and choose the NeoSmart Technologies -> enter the following EasyBCD entry -> run the "Uninstall EasyBCD" and follow the rest of information to complete the uninstall.
- Plan C: Go to Control Panel on the start menu and then, enter Add or Remove Programs -> click on the Remove button behind the "problematic" EasyBCD 2.0 item (size, 3.96MB).
Solution 2 (recommended): Advice from guru informs you beginners that using an uninstaller Pro will completely uninstall EasyBCD 2.0 and any other PUPs on your Windows.
You’ve just had enough with the problematic EasyBCD, but you don’t have the time to get all of associated items off your PC? Then it’ll make more sense to work around the program problem via the recommended uninstaller Pro below. It’s the only choice if you have no idea to safely and effectively Uninstall EasyBCD or you are simply not that great with Windows system.
Related uninstall problems
More queries from the Web: Install and Uninstall EasyBCD
EasyBCD – CNET Download.com
EasyBCD Community Edition Free Download – © 2001 – 2013 Softpedia.
EasyBCD – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download EasyBCD For Free – MajorGeeks
@BIOS – © 2000 GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO
How to Uninstall EasyBCD | eHow