Met Some Fatal Error Messages from the Currently Installed Nero BackItUp 11 Program? Or You Need to Save Additional Space on Your Computer, but then Your Windows Just Couldn’t Help You Uninstall Nero BackItUp 11 Data Recovery Application?
Then follow my YouTube video guide on how to manually uninstall Nero BackItUp 11 from Windows XP 3. In addition, to cleanly remove or uninstall Nero BackItUp 11 backup software, we kindly recommend regular Windows users download and then run the following smart uninstall tool to safely and effectively remove those unnecessary program traces from your own Windows. Enjoy:
Please Follow My Detailed Removal Steps below to Uninstall Nero BackItUp 11
Preface: We are here offering a checklist of important tips including the complete preparations for you to uninstall Nero BackItUp 11: 1) Log on your Windows as Administrator; 2) Safely save and then close all the Windows applications you are using; 3) Back up Windows Registry files and save the registry entries data on a Non-system disk; 4) To fully uninstall Nero BackItUp 11, you first find out the installation folder of Nero BackItUp 11 – you may manually remove its leftover files later on. See more details at the end of this article:
- Nero 11, located in C:\Program Files\Nero, 182 MB (190,977,246 bytes), which contains 514 Files, 136 Folders
- Nero Backup Drivers, 96.0 KB (98,304 bytes); 6 Files, 2 Folders
- Update, 1.59 MB (1,675,264 bytes); 67 Files, 31 Folders
Tip: Open (My) Computer icon on your Desktop; then go on click on the Local Disk (C:) icon in it, locate and open up Programs Files folder, then press your N key to fast locate and enter the Nero folder (an installation folder), then you will see those THREE folders created in the directory, C:\Program Files\Nero. And if you would have failed to complete the following uninstall progress, please use the powerful Auto Uninstaller program to perform the force uninstall option for any resisted items in your system. Read more steps below.
In most cases, you can exit Nero BackItUp 11 app by clicking on the Close button on it. Or you just couldn’t properly shut down Nero BackItUp 11? Then you may open Windows Task Manager, take the following steps: right click on Taskbar, scroll up the mouse and run Task Manager item on that menu, go on click on Processes tab, you would find out the following image name, BackItUp.exe, then you can right click on that item, choose and run End Process command; or you can also click End Process button in that tab. To force shut down Nero BackItUp 11 that may be still running, you need to click Yes button on that Task Manager Warning window.
Moreover, you could get some more software info via visiting the About Nero BackUp Trial link in Help menu, that would guide you reinstall another version of it right after. Read more help below:
Then you will read these detailed info shown below that helps you reinstall Nero BackItUp 11.
- Copyright: (C) 2011 Nero AG and its licensors
- Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad, Germany
- Website: www[dot]nero[dot]com
- All rights reserved
- Version: 6.0.18000.19.100
1. Now you should be ready to uninstall Nero BackItUp 11.
2. Typically, you open the following Windows applets: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (For Windows XP 3 users); or Programs > Uninstall a program > Programs and Features (For Windows 7 or Windows Vista).
3. Then you first uninstall Nero BackItUp 11 item (213.00 MB) listed (Note: It is installed as the main application). See more details about it as follows:
- Publisher: Nero AG
- Version: 11.0 103301
4. For Windows XP users, you can press down the Remove button to uninstall Nero BackItUp 11 using Windows’ standard uninstall procedure:
5. Then you’ll receive a message from Add or Remove Programs window, saying that "Are you sure you want to remove Nero BackItUp 11 from your computer?". Please go on click Yes button on it to automatically uninstall Nero BackItUp 11:
6. Then you would meet several similar windows (shown below), and the CPU may run at 100% usage – Please be patient while your Windows helps you uninstall Nero BackItUp 11 automatically – then you save all your files and reboot your PC.
Note: Nero BackItUp 11 would inform you that:
- Please wait while Windows configures Nero BackItUp 11
- “Gathering required information…”
Note: Similar, then the Nero BackItUp 11 Help (CHM) window will automatically perform your requested operations.
7. To completely uninstall Nero BackItUp 11, then you need to remove the Nero Backup Drivers project (0.08MB). See the details about the component.
- Publisher: Nero AG
- Version: 1.0.11100.8.0
- Info: If this program is not working properly you may reinstall it by clicking Repair.
Note: That Repair option could help you automatically restore or fix the potentially problematic Nero Backup Drivers program.
8. Click Remove button on that Nero Backup Drivers item. You may need to wait seconds for your Windows to help you completely uninstall Nero BackItUp 11:
9. Similarly, you could refer to the following steps to complete Nero Backup Drivers removal. Then save your work and restart your PC.
Tip: Please wait there.
Note: To safely uninstall Nero BackItUp 11, you now click on the Yes on Nero Backup Drivers window, telling you that "You must restart your system for the configuration changes made to Nero Backup Drivers to take effects. Click Yes to restart now or No if you plan to restart later."
11. After the reboot is complete, you go to Windows Currently installed programs: list again – to entirely uninstall Nero BackItUp 11, you then locate the Nero Toolbar item (3.19 MB), then click Remove button to uninstall the potentially unwanted toolbar by Nero automatically.
- Publisher: Ask.com
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Support Information: http://about[dot]ask[dot]com/en/docs/about/index.shtml
Note: Clik Yes on Add or Remove Programs window.
12. Wait for seconds while your system removes Ask Toolbar. Then please reboot your PC again:
13. To cleanly remove or uninstall Nero BackItUp 11, then you need to reset your Home page settings for Windows Internet Explorer (v8), take the following operations: right click on the Internet Explorer icon on your Windows Desktop, enter Internet Properties item, then click Use Blank tab in Internet Properties window; or you can also delete the following URL info, “http://www[dot]ask[dot]com/?l=dis&o=101916″, then enter your another preferred website in it. Then click the Apply and then the OK button on Internet Properties window.
14. Please then re-open up your Web tool to check out the above changes made to it.
15. Again, to fully uninstall Nero BackItUp 11, you then need to remove the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable – 10.0.10219 (11.13 MB). Read more details below:
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- Version: 10.0.40219
- Support Information: http://go[dot]microsoft[dot]com/fwlink/?LinkId=146008 (URL, http://www[DOT]microsoft[DOT]com/visualstudio/en-us)
- Comments: Caution. Removing this product might prevent some applications from running.
Tip You need to wait then.
16. Restart your Windows and then, you then continue to remove the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (182.00 MB) from your computer.
17. Read the following Support Info, then you click Change/Remove button to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile item:
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- Version: 4.0.30319
- Readme: http://go[dot]microsoft[dot]com/fwlink/?LinkId=164156
18. There, in the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Maintenance window, you need to tick the option "Remove .NET Framework 4 Client Profile from this computer." Then click on Next > button to start the uninstall procedure:
- Title & Subtitle: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Maintenance
- Info: You can repair your installation or remove it from your computer.
- Detailed Guide: Please select one of the following options:
- Option #1: Repair .NET Framework 4 Client Profile to its original state.
- Option #2: Remove .NET Framework 4 Client Profile from this computer.
- P.S.: Yes, send information about my setup experiences to Microsoft Corporation.
- For more information, read the Data Collection Policy.(URL, http://www[dot]microsoft[dot]com/products/ceip/EN-US/privacypolicy.mspx)
Note #1: To save your time to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, you can UNCHECK the "send" option to fast uninstall Nero BackItUp 11 component
Note #2: Then you will receive the above alert from Windows while you’re going to uninstall .NET 4 app when you tried to completely uninstall Nero BackItUp 11:
- Info: Setup has detected the following conditions on this computer. It is recommended that you address these warnings before continuing.
- Uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework may cause some applications to cease to function.
- PS: Please read Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Maintenance readme for more information.
- Option #1: Print
- Option #2: Save
- Option #3: Continue
- Option #4: Close
19. Please stand by while Windows removes .NET 4 app, which helps you safely uninstall Nero BackItUp 11. Read more below:
- Status: Removal Progress
- Info: Please wait while the .NET Framework is being removed from this computer.
- Progress #1: File security verification (more details below)
- Progress #2: Removal Progress
20. You then need to click Finish button on Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Maintenance window, informing you that:
- Title: Removal Is Complete
- Info #1: .NET Framework 4 Client Profile has been removed from this computer.
- Info #2: Check for more recent version on Windows Updates. (URL, http://www[DOT]update[DOT]microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en )
21. Then you’d better follow that .NET window which would ask you to reboot your Windows, “You must restart your computer to complete the installation. If you choose Restart Later, applications dependent on .NET Framework may stop working.”:
22. Finally, you can then search out those items relating to that uninstalled Nero program suite, delete them to completely uninstall Nero BackItUp 11. Read more Nero data info below to help you remove those program remains.
WARM NOTE If you feel need some help with your uninstallation of Nero BackItUp 11, please review my video guide and run the Windows unisntaller to remove the one forcibly now!
Manually Delete These Following Associated Files
- NeroInstallFiles, a file folder, located in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp, 281 MB (294,824,142 bytes)
- NERO20111209112502975, a file folder, located in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\NeroInstallFiles, 281 MB (295,272,448 bytes) on disk
- nero.backitup.msi and more there, 5.92 MB (6,210,560 bytes), Windows Installer Package file type; location, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\NeroInstallFiles\NERO20111209112502975\applications\backitup
- NeroBar.exe, Nero pre-installer application (v220.127.116.11), located in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\NeroInstallFiles\NERO20111209112502975\ISSetupPrerequisites\askToolbar; Product Name, Nero Ask Toolbar
- NeroOSValidator.exe, NeroOSValidator application, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\NeroInstallFiles\NERO20111209112502975\ISSetupPrerequisites\systemRequirementValidator, 2.44 MB (2,568,192 bytes)
You Now Can Try to Manually Modify These Following Registry Keys
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\Nero\Nero 11, Order- 0038 20 00 4E 45 52 4F 42 41 .NERBA
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nero\Nero 11, (Default)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nero\Nero 11\Nero BackItUp\Preferences\Cache, CacheFilesPath – C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Nero\Nero 11\Nero BackItUp\Cache\; and DataBasePath – C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Nero\Nero 11\Nero BackItUp\Files\NBDataBase.db
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nero\Nero 11\Nero BackItUp\Preferences\General, Files – C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Nero\Nero 11\Nero BackItUp\Files\
REVIEW: Required Items/Windows Updates for Nero BackItUp 11 Installation
- Windows Installer 4.5, 3.2MB
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable – 10.0.10219 (Read more info stored in Windows Add or Remove Programs)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Nero Backup Drivers
- Reboot Validator
And More Related Components Listed in Windows "Currently installed programs:"
- Nero Toolbar (version, 18.104.22.168; 3.19 MB)
When you complete the express install of Nero BackItUp 11, you may find the following files in its installation folder:
- HelpBase.dll, Application Extension that has been used as the Nero Help Installer Base DLL, C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 11\Help, 49.2 KB (50,448 bytes), v11.0.20000.0; Product Name, Nero Help Installer Base;
- NeroBackItUp_en-US.chm and more, Compiled HTML Help file, 566 KB (579,633 bytes)
- BackItUp_ImageTool, a file folder, 32.9 MB (34,555,049 bytes), located in C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 11\Nero BackItUp
- NScCoreComponents, file folder, 5.01 MB (5,263,624 bytes), containing log4cxx.dll, NMDataServices.dll, NMPluginBase.cfg, NMSearch.dll, NScCoreComponents.manifest, NMCoFoundation.dll, NMLogCxx.dll, NMPluginBase.dll, NMSearchPluginFileSystem.dll
- BackItUp.exe, Nero BackItUp application, 6.50 MB (6,816,040 bytes), v22.214.171.124
- BackItUp.exe.config, Unknown application or CONFIG File, 4.00 KB (4,096 bytes)
- BackItUp.ini, Configuration Settings (can be opened with Windows Notepad app), 44.5 KB (45,594 bytes)
- BCGCBPRO1100u100.dll, the BCGControlBar Professional DLL, 4.66 MB (4,888,360 bytes), v126.96.36.199; Copyright, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 BCGSoft Ltd. All rights reserved; Company, BCGSoft Ltd; Internal Name, BCGCBPro; Original File Name, BCGCBPro.DLL; Product Name, BCGControlBar Professional Dynamic Link Library
- BCGCBProRes_da-DK.nls, Unknown application/NLS File, 350 KB (358,696 bytes) (and more)
- BCGPStyle2007Aqua110.dll, the Office 2007 (Aqua) style resource library, 468 KB (480,040 bytes), v10.2.0.0; Internal Name, BCGPStyle2007Aqua; Product Name, BCGSoft Office 2007 Style;
- System.Data.SQLite.Linq.dll, 175 KB (179,536 bytes); Version, 188.8.131.52; Comments, ADO.NET 3.5SP1 Entity Framework support for SQLite; Company, http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com; Product Name, System.Data.SQLite;
- System.Data.SQLite.XML, XML Document, 180 KB (185,042 bytes)
- ShellRes, a file folder, located in C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 11\Nero ControlCenter, 248 KB (254,800 bytes)
- NCC.exe, Nero ControlCenter application, 7.90 MB (8,289,064 bytes), v184.108.40.206; Product Name, Nero 11 ControlCenter Module
- NCChelper.exe, 1.76 MB (1,851,688 bytes); Product Name, Nero 11 ControlCenter Helper
- SolutionExplorer.dll, Unknown application extension (for Nero Solution Explorer Dynamic Link Library), 30.7 KB (31,504 bytes), v220.127.116.11; Internal Name, Nero Solution Explorer
- SolutionExplorerCLI.dll, the Nero Solution Explorer CLI Dynamic Link Library, 74.2 KB (76,048 bytes), v18.104.22.168;
- OnlineServices, a file folder located in C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 11\Nero RescueAgent, 1.41 MB (1,481,966 bytes), which contains 3 Files
- ShellRes, a file folder, 231 KB (237,016 bytes), which contains 31 Files, 30 Folders
- FatFs.dll, the FatFsDevicePlugin DLL, 127 KB (130,344 bytes), v22.214.171.124; Product Name, Nero RescueAgent
- Iso9660Fs.dll, the Iso9660FsPlugin DLL, 127 KB (130,856 bytes), v126.96.36.199;
- Mmc.dll, the MmcDevicePlugin DLL, 1.60 MB (1,681,704 bytes), v188.8.131.52,
- NeroRescueAgent.exe, 2.90 MB (3,043,112 bytes), v184.108.40.206; Language, French (France); Legal TradeMarks, Nero RescueAgent is a trademark of Nero AG;
- SplashScreen.dll, the Splash screen library (v220.127.116.11), 6.08 MB (6,386,472 bytes); Internal Name, SplashSc; Language, German (Germany);
- UdfFs.dll, the UdfFsPlugin DLL, 171 KB (175,400 bytes)
Read Related Nero Product Removal Posts
Wanna Learn More Tech Articles?
Nero – How to backup safely and secure! | Nero BackItUp 11
Cannot install .msi file – installer being weird – Microsoft Answers
Nero BackItUp & Burn – Free software downloads and software reviews – CNET Download.com