The new released FIFA 12 has become one of the most popular soccer video games in the world, but there are still some problems about this game that annoys gamers. Many gamers reported that they experienced various problems/errors during the game playing, and cannot uninstall FIFA 12 completely from their computer. In this article we provides you easy and effective solutions to fully uninstall FIFA 12, including the game’s patch and, we as well provide useful troubleshooting tips to help you fix freezes, crashes, shut down, black screen, no sound and more problems about the game.
How to uninstall FIFA 12, the fastest way to delete It completely
Many people receive error when performing the FIFA 12 uninstallation through Windows Add/Remove applet, this is usually caused by incomplete installation of the game, or certain installation files of FIFA 12 gone corrupted or damaged due to certain reasons. Even though you can successfully uninstall FIFA 12 from Add/Remove Programs, the related registry files and folders are always left behind which may interfere further reinstallation of the game. To solve such problem, we recommend you to use a specially-designed uninstaller to help you completely uninstall FIFA 12 or force remove the game client from your computer, see the below detailed steps.
- Step 1: Click here to download Max Uninstaller, install it in your computer.
- Step 2: After finish the installation, launch Max Uninstaller to find FIFA soccer 12 in the right hand program list, select it and then click “Run Analysis” button.
- Step 3: Max Uninstaller will scan out all files and associated registry entries of FIFA soccer 12 in a few seconds, click the “Complete Uninstall” button to start the removal , click Yes to confirm in the prompted message.
- Step 4: Click Scan Leftovers button after the standard FIFA soccer 12 removal process finish.
- Step 5: Max Uninstaller will then scan over your computer to see what’s left behind in the system. Once it finished, Click Delete Leftovers button to completely uninstall FIFA 12 and all of its remains.
- Step 6: Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the FIFA soccer 12 removal process.
- DONE! Now FIFA 12 has been completely removed from your computer!
Why use Max Uninstaller to uninstall FIFA 12?
Max Uninstaller is by far the most effective solution to help you remove unwanted things from the computer without getting errors and leaving leftover behind. It removes stubborn and corrupted or incomplete program/application/software/game that normal means can’t, and make it extremely easy for everyone to handle, whenever or whatever uninstall problem you encounter, you can resort to this little app to help you out.
How to uninstall FIFA 12 manually
Normally you can uninstall FIFA 12 form the Control Panel of Windows only if it was installed CORRECTLY.
- Click start – Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
- Find N select the unwanted FIFA 12 in the program list.
- Launch Remove option and follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall FIFA 12.
- Reboot your machine when the removal completed.
If you are unable to uninstall FIFA 12 in the programs settings as you are continually receiving error messages, or you find FIFA 12 is not located in anywhere of the program list, you can go delete the FIFA’s installation folder directly, then empty Windows Recycle Bin afterwards. Read more and proceed with cleaning working.
Remove FIFA 12 registry leftovers
To completely remove FIFA 12, you need to detect and delete the related registry files as well. As registry modification involves potential RISKS, so, before you start, backup your registry incase mistaken deletion, this could save you a lot of troubles.
- Click Start – Run.
- Type “regedit” into the box and click OK to open Registry Editor.
- Click on File menu – Export.
- Select the location you want to save the backup file.
- Rename the backup file if needed.
- Click Save button to finish the backup
If you are not yet clear about the backup operation, refer to the below video demonstration
After you done the backup, back to the registry editor to delete FIFA 12 registry leftovers
- Click the “+” sign to expend the registry tree.
- Locate two registry folders below:
- Right click on any folders that contains the word FIFA 12/ FIFA soccer 12/EA to delete them all.
- Reboot your computer to let the registry changes take effect.
FIFA 12 common game problems & troubleshooting tips
Here we listed a few common problems that many FIFA 12 gamers most complains or ask about, you can refer to the corresponding solution to fix them by yourself. Before you start the troubleshooting, check for whether your machine meet the FIFA 12 game minimum system requirements:
- CPU: Dual core processor (Core duo 2 or better), Intel Core2Duo @ 1.8Ghz
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB required for Windows Vista / Windows 7)
- Video card: ATI Radeon HD 3600, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, Intel’s Sandy Bridge (HD Graphics 2000) and Ivy Bridge (HD Graphics 3000)
- DirectX 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 256 MB video card or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or above)
– DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
Problem 1: Unable to reinstall FIFA 12
Solution: make sure you have completely uninstall FIFA 12, see the detailed uninstall guide of FIFA 12 above.
Problem 2: how to play FIFA 12 with generic controllers
Solution: Try the below steps:
- Click Start > Run > type regedit, hit OK to open registry editor.
- Locate this folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER– System– CurrentControlSet – Control– MediaProperties – PrivateProperties – Joystick – OEM
- Right click on the file named OEMName and select Modify
- Rename USB Gamepad to “Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2″
- If you don’t have the controller files for Xbox 360, download it from the internet and place it in FIFA 12 installation folder.
Problem 3: FIFA12 crash or freeze when connecting Xbox 360 Controllers
Solution: This problem usually caused by the driver bug, download and reinstall the Xbox 360 Controllers’ driver could fix this problem.
Problem 4: Game crash during the intro video
Solution: As FIFA 12 does not support generic controllers, If you experience this problem, that may indicates you are using certain generic controllers, Unplug it may help you fix this problem.
Problem 5: FIFA shutter or freeze problem
Solution 1: Run the FIFA 12 game, and press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task Manager, Set priority for FIFA 12 to high or Above Normal, then back to the game.
Solution2: If your updated the NVIDIA drivers of your computer in order to play Battlefield 3 demo, rollback the drivers to the previous version.