October, 6. 2012 Updated: How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 10?
Questions: After installing Internet Explorer 10 on your Windows 8/Windows7 PC, you may need to get rid of it just because you are brand new to it, or it just occasionally crashes or not responding when you’re surfing some websites or pages caused by the installed buggy browser plugins? You tried to reset or restore it to its factory values but you still could not resolve the issues; and/or for other more problems that you just could not figure out how by yourself? Now you find the fix! Follow me to uninstall Internet Explorer 10 via the detailed steps given below!
Take the following procedure to uninstall Internet Explorer 10
This portion first describes some tips on how to uninstall Internet Explorer 10 from your Windows in a traditional process – you first need to save and then exit all running IE 10 windows, and other Windows applications; then launch the Programs and Features in Control Panel, locate the unwanted IE 10 (Windows Internet Explorer Platform Preview) item, launch the Uninstall option for it using the required administrative privileges, which would be an easy task for Windows users in most circumstances; and for some advanced end-users, you could type the below Windows prompt line, appwiz.cpl, in Search and then follow the on screen windows to start the uninstall of Internet Explorer 10 in wine; or run Windows’ Recovery Console to remove Internet Explorer 10 on your machine. Here are the detailed How-to steps:
- Employing your local administrator account, start your computer and load your Windows in normal mode.
- Or you are using the Internet Explorer 10 program like the one below, Internet Explorer 10 Test Drive – Windows Internet Explorer Platform Preview 2.10.1008.16421; then you first click on the Page menu on left top corner of it, scroll down that menu, run the Close Window option – this recommended step will ensure you safely uninstall Internet Explorer 10 without any data loss.
- Run Windows Task Manager, ensure you have successfully completed the step above: check the Processes tab on WTM – if, you find the following iepreview.exe still running in Processes section, use the End Process option to force end it.
- To uninstall Internet Explorer 10 via the quickest option, you now can press the [Windows] key + the [R] key on your own keyboard and then, you type the following word [appwiz.cpl]. Having problem openning Windows Uninstall or change a program (WinXP users: Currently installed programs list) via that keyboard combination I mentioned above? Then you click Start -> (Windows XP: Settings) -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program or Add or Remove Programs.
- To uninstall Internet Explorer 10 via Windows Installer program – also, the standard uninstallation option, you then find the following Windows Internet Explorer Platform Preview item in the programs list. Check following additional details about it.
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Product version: 2.10.1008.16421
WARM NOTE: In event that some unknown problems came up when you are trying to remove the currently installed version of Internet Explorer on your operation system, such as you just could not see it listed on the “Uninstall or change a program” list of the Control Panel (Tip: but the “Windows\ie7\Spuninst” file folder still remained or saved) while the same way other applications/programs can also be so; or Windows sent you errors about the removal for Internet Explorer 10, then please learn, watch or review my video demo in high quality above to successfully remove Internet Explorer 10 from your workstation. Well, for more common users, you download the perfect Windows uninstaller to force remove the version of Internet Explorer on your device, and to overcome many other technical issues you’ve been annoyed, then to automatically revert back to the previous editions of it for you.
Related: How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 9?
- Click the Start menu, and then the Control Panel.
- Click the Uninstall a program entry in Programs section.
- In the Programs and Features window, you click on the View installed updates option on its top left pane.
- The Uninstall an update will tell you that “To uninstall an update, select it from the list and then click Uninstall or Change.”; scroll down the currently installed Windows updates and find the unwanted Windows Internet Explorer 9, locate it, then launch the Uninstall option by using any administrative accounts on your computer to automatically uninstall Internet Explorer 9.
- Click the Yes button on the below Uninstall an update, warning “Are you sure you want to uninstall this update?”. And follow the rest of related on-screen wizards to complete the easy uninstall process of Internet Explorer 9.
- Save and reboot your computer. Run your newly restored version of IE, this option can make sure that you uninstall Internet Explorer 9 successfully.
NOTE If you still have other errors or issues during the above uninstall procedure, please post your details here for more help.
Choose the Specific Entries to Downgrade/Uninstall Internet Explorer 8 on your Windows
- If you are running a Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Operating System, please visit the Entry #1 below.
- Have IE8 installed in your Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)? See your removal guide below to uninstall IE8 at the Entry #2.
- And for those users on a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Starter and so forth, you can also find your way with the related details to uninstall IE8 via the Entry #3.
Note: You can also download, run the IE8 uninstall tool recommended by our computer pros to safely uninstall it from your device here.
Entry #1: How Can I Degrade or Uninstall Windows IE 8 from My Windows XP 3 Professional Operating System
1. First, I need to log on my Windows via using my Administrator account, then enter the User Name and then the Password (you set), then click on OK option from Log on Windows.
2. In case that you want to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 from your Windows XP system while you are surfing the Web via it, then you should save all your data first, and close related browser windows, like Internet Explorer and/or Mozilla Firefox 10/Aurora (for developers).
Note: To get more details on your current version of Internet Explorer 8, please take the following steps for more official tech support: open up Internet Explorer > move your mouse on the Help menu > clicking it, go on enter the About Internet Explorer item at the bottom of that menu. There you would read the following message:
- Title: Windows® Internet Explorer® 8
- Version: 8.0.6001.18702IC
- Cipher Strength: 128-bit
- Product ID: 01398-640-1464517-23087
- Update Version: 0
- Warning: This computer program is protected by copyright law and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted under the maximum extent possible under law.
- Option 1: OK
- Option 2: System Info…
- Copyright: ©2009 Microsoft Corporation
Clicking on the System Info… button, you can learn the following System Summary – This would help you re-install Internet Explorer® 8 again:
3. Then you click on Start button, the Settings and then the Control Panel in the subfolder:
4. If you are using the Windows Category View mode (shown below), you then need to click on the Add or Remove Programs item with a install package icon to uninstall Internet Explorer 8. Or you are using the Classic View, then you locate and run Add or Remove Programs icon in Control Panel window:
5. Then you can press your Down key until you locate or highlight the Windows Internet Explorer 8 item listed in Windows “Currently installed programs:” list:
6. You then can also visit the "Click here for support information." link to get some more related info on your IE 8 software before you uninstall it:
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation (URL, http://windows[dot]microsoft[dot]com/en-us/internet-explorer/products/ie/home)
- Version: 20090308.140743
- Support Information: http://www[dot]microsoft[dot]com/ie
7. Go on to click the Remove button on the Windows Internet Explorer 8 project, then you will read the following info box while you want to uninstall Internet Explorer 8:
- Title: Windows Internet Explorer 8 Removal Wizard
- Details: Use this wizard to remove the following software update.
- (Item): Windows Internet Explorer 8
- (Guide): To continue, click Next.
8. Then you can go on click on the Next > button on that Windows Internet Explorer 8 Removal Wizard. And then you would have to wait:
- Status #1: Inspecting Current Configuration
- Status #2: Checking for Necessary Space
- Status #3: Stopping Services
- Status #4: Restoring Catalogs
- Status #5: Running Processes Before Uninstall
9. Finally, your Windows will inform you that "Internet Explorer 8 has been successfully removed. You must restart your computer to complete the uninstall. To restart your computer, click Finish.". Follow it to automatically uninstall Internet Explorer 8.
Note: There, you are suggested to save all your personal files before you reboot your Windows – you can UNCHECK the option of "Do not restart now", then click Finish button then.
10. There would be one more thing you need to do: You may need to restore Home page settings after system restarts.
11. Click Show Desktop command in Taskbar, locate and then right click on the classic Internet Explorer (v6.0.2900.5512.xpsp.0704-2111IC) icon, scroll down your mouse then and enter Internet Explorer Properties item:
12. You then need to click the Use Blank tab in Home page settings for Internet Properties window:
Note: You will then see the Home page settings had been modified into http://www[dot]msn[dot]com/?ocid=OIE8HP&PC=B8MC
13. Click Apply button and then OK button to exit Internet Properties box.
14. Then open your Internet Explorer up, click on Help menu on the top, then visit About Internet Explorer again, you would read the following info. See that? Through the step-by-step instructions, you have successfully downgrade or uninstall Internet Explorer 8 to 6:
- Version: 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp.0704-2111IC
- Cipher Strength: 128-bit
- Product ID: 76487-640-1464517-23087
- Update Version:; SP3;
- Details: Based on NCSA Mosaic. NCSA Mosaic(TM); was developed at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Distributed under a licensing agreement with Spyglass, Inc.
Contains security software licensed from RSA Data Security Inc.
Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.
Multimedia software components, including Indeo(R); video, Indeo(R) audio, and Web Design Effects are provided by Intel Corp.
Unix version contains software licensed from Mainsoft Corporation. Copyright (c) 1998-1999 Mainsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Mainsoft is a trademark of Mainsoft Corporation.
Warning: This computer program is protected by copyright law and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
- Copyright: Copyright ©1995-2004 Microsoft Corporation.
Entry #2: Uninstall Windows Internet Explorer 8 from Windows Vista
1. Logging on your system as Admin, then you click on the Windows logo button in Taskbar, then the Control Panel link on that menu:
2. You then need to look into the Programs item in Control Panel window.
3. You need to open up the Uninstall a program link in that section:
4. There, find Internet Explorer 8 item, (Note: I’ve mentioned that IE 8 has been installed as the software update), you need to click on the View installed updates link:
5. Then click on Uninstall button and follow Windows removal wizards to uninstall Internet Explorer 8.
Entry #3: Uninstall Windows Internet Explorer 8 from Windows 7 PC
1. Similarly, you click Start button and then the Control Panel item:
2. Click on the Uninstall a program subitem in Programs section:
3. See the following detailed list of software list displayed? Follow those similar removal steps above to uninstall Internet Explorer 8.
In case you have encountered some unknown error(s) while you tried to manually remove Internet Explorer 8, you can review my video demo and, it’s kindly recommended you try the best uninstall tool below to force remove it.
Review: Internet Explorer Errors
Note #1: Here you could also get some more technical support to repair, fix those typical or real common Internet Explorer errors, like the "Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.", the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" and/or the Error signature – 001f8401, and more.
Note #2: You can pay a visit to the topic #19 to fix Internet Explorer "not display" error to get some more tips to fix your IE8 before you uninstall it.
If, you now still want to safely uninstall Internet Explorer 10/9/8 on your computer, please use the following smart Windows uninstaller.
Related Windows Software Removal Help
uninstall Windows Media Player
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
How to Uninstall Windows Defender
Uninstall Ad-Aware Free Internet Security
uninstall Norton 360 6.0
uninstall ARO 2012
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Uninstall