October, 4. 2012 Updated: How to Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 (RC)
The following methods will guide you through the full uninstall of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 (RC) security software. Enjoy!
How-to Instruction 1: Run the default uninstaller for ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 (RC) program
- Click Start, then All Programs / Programs.
- Enter the listed ESET folder. See the following image.
- Then you go on to open up the ESET NOD32 Antivirus subfolder in it; scroll down that menu, to automatically uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 (RC), you then need to use your system administrator account to launch the Uninstall option, the ESET-provided uninstall utility.
- To continue uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 (RC), you then click the Next > button on the following ESET NOD32 Antivirus windows.
- To go on with the automatic uninstall process, then you need to select the provided Remove option on ESET NOD32 Antivirus wizard. And you can also select the Repair option to restore your ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 application only when you cannot launch or open it.
- To help ESET spol s r. o. improve their product, you can tick the listed reasons for uninstalling ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6, such as “Unsatisfactory detection of threats”, “Customer care issues”, “Affecting computer performance”, “Price-switching to less expensive or free security solution”, “Lack of product features”, “Only used for trial and/or testing”, “Difficult product navigation”, “Changed operating system”, “Complicated installation and activation process”, “Uninstalling temporarily and will come back to ESET”, “Renewal process issues” and/or “Other reason”; and then you click the Next button.
- Click the Remove button on the following uninstall wizard to start the express uninstall of ESET NOD32 Antivirus program.
- For 7/Vista friends, you then need to select the Yes option from the following UAC by the e89df.msi program. And wait.
- Click the Finish button on ESET NOD32 Antivirus window.
- Finally, you re-check your personal file(s) or other application(s) and then click the Yes button on the below Installer Information to reboot your machine.
How-to Instruction 2: Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 from Uninstall or change a program / Currently Installed Programs list
- Please visit the Start menu, then the Settings entry or the Control Panel on it.
- In the Windows’ CP, you enter the Uninstall a program or the previous Add or Remove Programs.
- For all Windows users there, you locate the unwanted or beta version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus – like mine below, version 18.104.22.168; size, 65.0 MB – then you launch the Change or Remove option for it to automatically uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6.
- Review or repeat related steps above in Instruction 1 to complete the express uninstallation of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6.
Tip The above automatic uninstall of ESET NOD32 Antivirus may have left lots of unwanted leftover files and registry entries on your computer; moreover, to maintenance Windows Registry Editor, and to prevent conflicting software issues related with antivirus software or security suite from occurring, you’d better perform a clean/full uninstall of ESET NOD32 Antivirus program by clicking here.
You Just Couldn’t Have Newer Version of ESET Virus Protection or Other Antivirus Software (Like AVG, Kaspersky™, avast! and more) Installed in Your System?
The main why you could have been annoyed by those commonly encountered issues I reviewed above would be that you just didn’t successfully or completely have the old version of ESET antivirus software removed or uninstalled. Furthermore, you would need to clean, delete those ESET data left in Windows Safe Mode after you have applied the automatic removal option for your current version of ESET virus scanner in normal mode. You would get some more useful ESET removal tips from our YouTube video below on how to entirely uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5. Be helpful, and enjoy.
Detailed Illustrated ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 Removal Instructions
1. As normal, before you start the below removal steps, you are strongly advised to:
- Log on your device as system Administrator
- Save all your personal file, including those Web or blog pages you may be editing, like WordPress Dashboard
- Properly save and then exit those common Windows applications, like the Microsoft’s Office 2010/2013, Windows Internet Explorer and so forth.
3. To completely uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5, you can right click on Uninstall item in ESET NOD32 Antivirus folder, which would show you the ESET installation folder, which is located in C Drive’s Programs entry. You then manually delete any of those left only when you uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 successfully and automatically:
Review: Files in the ESET NOD32 Antivirus folder
- Drivers, a file folder, located in C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus, 393 KB (402,517 bytes), contains 9 files and 3 folders included
- License, 0 bytes
- callmsi.exe, Application, ESET MSI Launcher, 74.9 KB (76,784 bytes), v22.214.171.124, Copyright (c) ESET, spol. s r.o. 1992-2011. All rights reserved.
- DMON.dll, unknown Application Extension, 143 KB (146,824 bytes), also Document Scanner DLL, v126.96.36.199
- eguiAmon.dll, 239 KB (245,704 bytes), ESET Amon GUI
- eguiDmon.dll, 95.1 KB (97,384 bytes), ESET Document Scanner GUI
- eguiUpdate.dll, 400 KB (410,504 bytes), v188.8.131.52, ESET Update GUI
- ekrn.exe, 952 KB (974,944 bytes), ESET Service
- ekrnMailPlugins.dll, 103 KB (105,624 bytes), ESET MailPlugins Service
- em000_32.dat, 54.1 KB (55,411 bytes)
- eplgHooks.dll, 11.6 KB (11,976 bytes), ESET Hooks DLL
- eplgOutlookEmon.dll, 179 KB (183,904 bytes), ESET Antivirus Plugin for Microsoft Outlook
- eset.chm, 2.46 MB (2,590,378 bytes)
- eula.rtf, 21.3 KB (21,857 bytes)
- Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest, 4.00 KB (4,096 bytes) on disk
- msvcp80.dll, 541 KB (554,832 bytes), v8.0.50727.4053, Microsoft® C++ Runtime Library, © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- SysInspector.exe, System Analyzer Tool (Application), System Analyzer Tool, v184.108.40.206
- SysRescue.exe, ESET SysRescue Wizard, 1.38 MB (1,456,984 bytes),
- updater.dll, 264 KB (270,424 bytes), ESET Update Engine
4. To get some more info on the ESET version you installed, please right click on the exclamation mark in red color running in Windows Taskbar, the ESET NOD32 Antivirus real-time tray – then you need to visit About link at the bottom of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 menu; and then you will see the About ESET NOD32 Antivirus window, which will inform you the details on the version of ESET product you installed; and that info box would be also very useful for you to reinstall the newer version of ESET. See more related screenshots below:
Note: You would read the useful info on ESET version on the top of About ESET NOD32 Antivirus message box.
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus™, Version 220.127.116.11
- Virus signature database: 6484 (20110922)
- Update module: 1037 (20110921)
- Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1321B (20110914)
- Advanced heuristics module: 1118 (20110419)
- Archive support module: 1136 (20110818)
- Cleaner module: 1051 (20110420)
- Anti-Stealth support module: 1026 (20110628)
- ESET SysInspector module: 1221B (20110623)
- Real-time file system protection module: 1005B (20110311)
5. Then you can click on the OK button to quit that About page.
6. To uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 via its express install option, you launch the Uninstall option.
7. After that, you will meet ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup window, detailing you that "Welcome to the ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup Wizard. The Setup Wizard will allow you to repair ESET NOD32 Antivirus or remove it from your computer. Click Next to continue or Cancel to exit the Setup Wizard.":
8. Please go on to click Next > button on the Setup; then you would meet an alert from ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup, telling you that "Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements.", please click Return button.
9. You would meet the second info box from ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup, then you select the Remove option from it:
- Title: ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup
- Subtitle: Modify, repair or remove installation
- Info: Select the operation you wish to perform.
- (Operation #1) Repair: Repairs errors in the most recent installation state – fixes missing or corrupt files, shortcuts and registry entries.
- (Operation #2) Remove: Removes ESET NOD32 Antivirus from your computer.
10. Then you would be see the Questionnaire box, which is embedded by ESET team to friendly collect user feedback. You can then just untick the "I want to submit the Questionnaire data" option. You can also tell ESET company the reason why you want to uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.
11. Then you click Next > button on ESET Questionnaire window.
12. See the following "Remove ESET NOD32 Antivirus" message? Then you click the Remove button on ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup window; then you follow it to complete the uninstall process.
Note: You will be told that "You have chosen to remove the program from your computer. Click Remove to remove ESET NOD32 Antivirus from your computer. If you want to review or change any of your installation settings, click Back. Click Cancel to exit the wizard.".
13. If you had encountered some error or issue with the express uninstallation, try the below Plan B or run the following Max Uninstaller to force uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 on your computer.
1. For more regular Windows users, you can then visit: the Start > Settings > your Windows’ Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs / Programs and Features link.
2. In the Currently installed programs list, you can visit the "Click here for support information" link on ESET NOD32 Antivirus item to get some additional info about it. Then you will read the following details on the version of ESET antivirus software you installed:
- Publisher: Copyright (c) ESET, spol. s r.o
- Version: 18.104.22.168
- Comments: The installer database contains the logic and data required to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
3. Then you click Change button in ESET item and then follow the rest of automatic removal prompts arranged by ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup I’ve reviewed above to uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5:
Note #1: You will learn some details from the "Removing ESET NOD32 Antivirus" window, telling you that "Please wait while the Setup Wizard removes ESET NOD32 Antivirus. This may take several minutes. Status: Validating install"
Note #2: The next information box from ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup, would tell you "Completing the ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."
Note #3: The finial window while you’re trying to uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 would be the Windows Installation Information, informing you "You must restart your system for the configuration changes made to ESET NOD32 Antivirus to take effect. Click Yes to restart now or No if you plan to manually restart later."
4. After your save your private data, and then reboot your PC, you need to manually find out ENA5 file and registry entries leftovers I detailed below to completely uninstall it.
See the following ESET NOD32 Antivirus’s file leftovers; and to detect more of them, you need to manually modify Windows’ Folder Options to show those may still hidden files and folders…
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus, a file folder, located in C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\ESET, which contains 19 files and 1 folder (like 6A58B411974BB93C26E8F864CD103FC4E0BA7CDB.NDF, NDF File, NDF File, 656 bytes (656 bytes); INFO.NQI, NQI File, 12 bytes (12 bytes); and more)
- ESET_NOD32_ANTIVIRUS_LIVE_INS-1943F26A.pf, PF File, left in C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch
For experienced users, you can try to manually clean and remove those registry entries associated with the uninstalled ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 program:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru\5603, 000 REG_SZ string, ESET NOD32
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Order, REG_BINARY string, data by 45 00 53 00 45 00 54 00 E.S.E.T
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache, C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\callmsi.exe, REG_SZ string, data by ESET MSI Launcher
Related Windows Anti-spyware Software Uninstall Tutorials
Uninstall ESET Smart Security 5 / 6 (February 1, 2012)
Uninstall ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2012 (February 2, 2012)
Uninstall avast! Pro Antivirus 6/7 (January 30, 2012)
Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Uninstall AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012